I've got my opinion on this and wonder what other people think.
As a manager, if you were after a specific player or a certain position this late in the window, would you mention it in an interview or would you keep quiet about it.
I know CW said he was after a CB which puts it out there for everyone to know, but if you were him, would you keep quiet about other attacking targets just to stop other clubs trying to scupper those deals.
We got heavily linked with both Souttar and Worrall, and suddenly Wrexham swoop in and get Worrall, and soon got linked with Souttar after CW started talking about the rumours.
Same thing with us and Derby in regards to BBD and Choudhury, they got heavily linked with Derby, and we swooped in and signed both.
I might be wrong or I might be right, we'll find out tomorrow for definite, but I wouldn't be surprised (and hopeful that he is) if he's keeping quiet on other targets aside from a CB.