Hull fans protesting

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yep, I get that. But didn’t United win the game? So don’t get the anti-Coventry line that still exists. And glad we agree the chants were in bad taste :)

I don't agree that the chants were in bad taste.

They only started because of the behaviour of the Cov fans - which is a breach of ground regulations and I believe a criminal offence I might add. When you factor in that there was a clear ploy to focus booing and 'protests' whilst united were in possession then cov can have no complaints. Is chanting 'SISU in' really in bad taste?

Same with Coventry - chanting support of Sisu bang out of order, and I remember saying so at the time.

Well done you.

They'd been taking the piss with all the Ched Evans stuff so quite why they expected the 'football family' to come to their aid I don't know.

Charlton showed class, those part time wankers showed none and deliberately tried to upset our team. Bollocks to 'em.

Mocking a dying club stuck in the craw a little - there but for the grace of God and all that

Sadly Tyler Durden is no more, but I'm sure he would have more pithily and more abusively said what I feel. I hope the part time plastic shithouses go out of business. They can always go and watch the Wasps.

Well done you.

They'd been taking the piss with all the Ched Evans stuff so quite why they expected the 'football family' to come to their aid I don't know.

Charlton showed class, those part time wankers showed none and deliberately tried to upset our team. Bollocks to 'em.

Sadly Tyler Durden is no more, but I'm sure he would have more pithily and more abusively said what I feel. I hope the part time plastic shithouses go out of business. They can always go and watch the Wasps.

Superfluous "the" before 'Wasps'.

1-1

Yeah we couldn't move for the number of Coventry and Hull fans rallying to our aid every time it's been needed. As already stated keep it off the pitch and we can stand together in this.

Do you write headlines for the Star?

Both quotation marks and inverted commas!

We need an experienced style guide hack to help us out with this one but I'd say 1-1, with me about to take a penalty.....

Ooh Simonsonesque! Hard lines Simon.

The Coventry fans were a bunch of mardy arses, nothing less. Chanting something they didn't like, diddums, whatever next. Lets give Hull the same if it gets their backs up. That's what its all about FFS.

The Coventry fans were a bunch of mardy arses, nothing less. Chanting something they didn't like, diddums, whatever next. Lets give Hull the same if it gets their backs up. That's what its all about FFS.

Yes. It's not like they were loaded into overcrowded trams, held against their will kettled and missed a third of a football match they'd paid to see. Now that would have made a good ongoing story if it had happened.

Is chanting 'SISU in' really in bad taste?

What was the designed reaction of it? It was designed to mock them on a day they decided to ramp up the protests against owners who’d killed their club. If it was the other way round and they were chanting pro-Prince chants at the Lane if he’d ripped the soul out of United and left the club on its knees, I’m sure we’d all be on here saying ‘ha, great bants lads!’ Wouldn’t we? :rolleyes:

What was the designed reaction of it? It was designed to mock them on a day they decided to ramp up the protests against owners who’d killed their club. If it was the other way round and they were chanting pro-Prince chants at the Lane if he’d ripped the soul out of United and left the club on its knees, I’m sure we’d all be on here saying ‘ha, great bants lads!’ Wouldn’t we? :rolleyes:

Since when could you equate singing about some fucking finance company with race, gender, rapists, air disasters etc. If this is now on the taboo list then no wonder the place is becoming like church on match day.

Really hope they do stop the game, worked wonders for us at Cov.
Fuckin ell , they've changed there name to Hull City Protesters now have they, can't blame em then to be honest , ironic considering the 100 year anniversary of the the women getting the the vote, power to the people.

Since when could you equate singing about some fucking finance company with race, gender, rapists, air disasters etc. If this is now on the taboo list then no wonder the place is becoming like church on match day.

Where did I mention any of those things and say this is equal?

It wasn't 'designed' to do anything. It was a spontaneous reaction to their antics which were as much about trying to disrupt our play as it was protesting. Your ire may be better directed at those Cov fans who hijacked a legitimate protest, acted like hooligans and created animosity between two sets of supporters.

Your ire may be better directed at those Cov fans who hijacked a legitimate protest, acted like hooligans and created animosity between two sets of supporters.

It 'may' well be, but I confidently predict it won't.

#sheffieldunitedfansareadisgrace

It wasn't 'designed' to do anything. It was a spontaneous reaction to their antics which were as much about trying to disrupt our play as it was protesting. Your ire may be better directed at those Cov fans who hijacked a legitimate protest, acted like hooligans and created animosity between two sets of supporters.

^This

If we had the same chav morons invading the pitch as a clear attempt to disrupt the opponents play (rather than in the name of protest) then I would expect exactly the same treatment that the cov fans received. The cov fans appear not to be able to understand this, I thought you would be able to.

If we had the same chav morons invading the pitch as a clear attempt to disrupt the opponents play (rather than in the name of protest) then I would expect exactly the same treatment that the cov fans received. The cov fans appear not to be able to understand this, I thought you would be able to.

Even though the chants were before the pitch invasion?

Even though the chants were before the pitch invasion?

Yes but not before the constant other attempts to disrupt our play - booing and whistling etc

I might also add that there has been a conspicuous lack of protests by the same fans this year despite some high profile opportunities in the FA Cup - interesting that this would conincide with the team winning games.

He writes for the Star, of course he sides with the Blades opposition.

'Blades mock opposition in unsavoury chants'

'Palace Morons invade pitch and disrupt grieving owls windmilling'

Back
Top Bottom