Hull fans protesting

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I have sympathy with anyone going through what some clubs have gone through. Coventry, Blackpool, Hull, etc.

But as Columbo used to say, there's one thing I don't understand. If your going to protest, why the whistles when only we have the ball? I could sort of understand if the whistles were constant (as annoying as it might be), but why when it only affects us? What have we done?

How do you know that?

Am I?

You seem to struggle to grasp what happened that night, I suggest you dig out the sky coverage of the match and watch it again.

I have sympathy with anyone going through what some clubs have gone through. Coventry, Blackpool, Hull, etc.

But as Columbo used to say, there's one thing I don't understand. If your going to protest, why the whistles when only we have the ball? I could sort of understand if the whistles were constant (as annoying as it might be), but why when it only affects us? What have we done?

I remember Columbo was dead against whistles and twats disrupting the match.

I remember Columbo was dead against whistles and twats disrupting the match.

Yes I'm sure there was an episode set against the backdrop of the Pacific with rolling breakers, surfers, hippies and girls with flowers in their hair. I think about 43 mins in he said something about us playing Huddersfield and mentioned Woody's hot shot before lambasting twats.

I'll look it up and I'll be back soon.

Don't wait for me......

Yes I'm sure there was an episode set against the backdrop of the Pacific with rolling breakers, surfers, hippies and girls with flowers in their hair. I think about 43 mins in he said something about us playing Huddersfield and mentioned Woody's hot shot before lambasting twats.

I'll look it up and I'll be back soon.

Don't wait for me......

You sure that wasn't Ironside? I seem to recall him being bitter he didn't get kept on by us.

You seem to struggle to grasp what happened that night, I suggest you dig out the sky coverage of the match and watch it again.

I was there, I don't understand why me thinking the chants were in bad taste has anything to do with some open letter?

You were involved. Have a look.

Coventry-City-protests.jpg

That's not what I said was it? But there were no SISU chants before that as confirmed by the Coventry fan. The others were stopped by the police, as per the newspaper report.

This us similar to Blades fans at BL with a photo of them at the Sty.

I was there, I don't understand why me thinking the chants were in bad taste has anything to do with some open letter?

I would have thought after all this time you would have changed your view on the matter. Although you still echo the view of the open letter that was posted in The Star.

I would have thought after all this time you would have changed your view on the matter. Although you still echo the view of the open letter that was posted in The Star.

No, I still have the view that I posted on Twitter after the full-time whistle.

and just one more thing... that I can't get my head around... I'm sure all you guys understand because you're clever people...if it was worth trying to derail the Sheffield United promotion push, why hasn't it cured the problem or made it better in any way?

No, I still have the view that I posted on Twitter after the full-time whistle.

Their own fans even admit some of the fans disrupting the game were not part of the official protest group. They were clearly using the protest for shits and giggles which our fans unsurprisingly reacted to.

Any other clubs fans would have reacted the same way or gone beyond just SISU in chants. Don't be surprised that some of our fans could no longer give a shit about Coventry and their plight.

If you still think those chants were bang out of order given the context of the game then perhaps you should avoid football matches.

and just one more thing... that I can't get my head around... I'm sure all you guys understand because you're clever people...if it was worth trying to derail the Sheffield United promotion push, why hasn't it cured the problem or made it better in any way?

Have they been protesting more this season? or has it gone a bit quiet?

Their own fans even admit some of the fans disrupting the game were not part of the official protest group. They were clearly using the protest for shits and giggles which our fans unsurprisingly reacted to.

Any other clubs fans would have reacted the same way or gone beyond just SISU in chants. Don't be surprised that some of our fans could no longer give a shit about Coventry and their plight.

If you still think those chants were bang out of order given the context of the game then perhaps you should avoid football matches.

I'm not surprised at all that some couldn't give a shit about Coventry, that's their right. It's also mine to have, and express, an opinion, so I'll keep doing that, as well as going to football games. But cheers anyway

Coventry fans were a disgrace but ultimately didn’t cost us in the end, it did backfire on them wonderfully which pleased me no end, moving on to the Tigers, they’ll only protest if they’re not winning or more importantly losing the game.

Bearing in mind that this could have an effect on how we finish the season we should be raising concerns with the FA about this proposed demonstration, life bans for pitch invaders but as we’ve seen nobody’s bothered anymore about that, Leeds fan last Saturday, Coventry last season, even pigs trying to punch the Crystal Palace players and nothing done....

Organise the protest outside the ground, aim it at the directors who are the ones you want to feel the dischord.... anything else is “look at me” for social media purposes... like Coventry...

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but tickets for next Fridays game, still aren't on sale to Hull fans... As it stands, the only home fans who can get in, are season ticket holders...

I'm not surprised at all that some couldn't give a shit about Coventry, that's their right. It's also mine to have, and express, an opinion, so I'll keep doing that, as well as going to football games. But cheers anyway

200w.gif

Important information regarding Hull's planned protests.

I'd say this was reasonable and I'd be happy to turn my back in solidarity if I was in attendance. I just hope no dickheads decide to 'do a Coventry' and continue to blow throughout. We'll soon see.

Back
Top Bottom