How long is it

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No they didn’t. They reported the 49rs paid £170m for the 56% of the shares they didn’t already own.
"Andrea Radrizzani, chairman and majority shareholder since 2017, agreed to sell his controlling stake last month, with the deal valuing the club at around £170m."

"Andrea Radrizzani, chairman and majority shareholder since 2017, agreed to sell his controlling stake last month, with the deal valuing the club at around £170m."

Looking at that and the Guardian reports you are correct that they - and others - say the valuation but others say the £170m was a deal for the remaining shares.

The point that jumps out though is that you’d expect Leeds even as a championship club would still be worth more than us. Worrying as far as a sale goes.

Looking at that and the Guardian reports you are correct that they - and others - say the valuation but others say the £170m was a deal for the remaining shares.

The point that jumps out though is that you’d expect Leeds even as a championship club would still be worth more than us. Worrying as far as a sale goes.
There's all sorts that sits behind this deal though, Andrea Radrizzani was desperate to get out to follow other ventures, as you state they already owned shares and already had probably already put investment into them. I think we're probably comparing apples with oranges, also our valuation is a starting point for negotiation, and has probably changed considering one of our biggest assets has been sold.

Not having a pop at anyone. It's his club to do as he sees fit.
That's not what I asked. I asked if there is any evidence at all that supports the Prince pocketing the clubs money?

8 games into a 38 game season isn't ideal for having a good idea of what we've got, it might be better to aim for the 1st game and give ourselves a fighting chance. If we've got less than 9 points after those 8 games we're already playing catch up.
Sadly we have missed creating the final squad for the first match or even by the fourth, but that’s where we are and to see a good squad competing successfully from late September until the end of the season will suffice for me.

Before protests in the car park?

Seriously… the potential lineup for Palace is absolutely shocking, we’ve absolutely messed up this pre season for the club, hecky and the remaining players. If morale is bad for us, imagine them right now.

And looking to the future If we’re not careful we face a mass exodus of players next season, who knows what we’re looking at 24/25 if we go down

I know we can’t pin this all on PA… but two things are clear:

• the club needs to be sold ASAP… as in TODAY
  • PA needs to lower his price to get out quicker

And if we ARE already being sold, then the club needs to communicate something about it. The lack of leadership and communication to supporters has been absolutely shocking. Feels like we’re considered last in everything.

Just to clarify - i think he’s been the best owner in my lifetime, but what’s happening now is bordering on neglect

with the club NOT being sold this means:
  • Contracts NOT being signed
  • infrastructure NOT being invested in
  • players NOT being bought

I think Ndiaye sale is the final straw for a lot of fans with our club being mis-managed… so PA please act now, thanks for everything but move on so the club can grow
Ffs. I thought I was a pessimist!
Razor blades all round then.

We 've not even kicked a ball yet!!!
Some people need to grow a pair.

My view on the reality if it is that if we bring 4 or 5 credible players in, in line with those being mentioned, then the majority will be behind the team.

If not, and we start with a weak squad and inevitably lose regularly, the atmosphere will be dogshit even though it won't be Hecky or the player's fault.

HRH isn't stupid though.
He has said he wants out but if he holds out for his price, (whether it is £170m or not) he will likely not have many takers as we appear "nailed on" for relegation therefore the longer he holds out the more likely he is of having an asset worth considerably less in 12 months time, regardless of parachute payments...

Although N'diaye has gone we know it wasn't for the will of trying plus imagine tying him down to a massive deal for him to get crocked and missing the season or retiring early. We are in the Premier League not the North East Counties Premier League, I could think of a lot of worst positions to be in regardless of how the club do. Next season we will be financially stable and have parachute payments still or be in the Premier League

Before protests in the car park?

Seriously… the potential lineup for Palace is absolutely shocking, we’ve absolutely messed up this pre season for the club, hecky and the remaining players. If morale is bad for us, imagine them right now.

And looking to the future If we’re not careful we face a mass exodus of players next season, who knows what we’re looking at 24/25 if we go down

I know we can’t pin this all on PA… but two things are clear:

• the club needs to be sold ASAP… as in TODAY
  • PA needs to lower his price to get out quicker

And if we ARE already being sold, then the club needs to communicate something about it. The lack of leadership and communication to supporters has been absolutely shocking. Feels like we’re considered last in everything.

Just to clarify - i think he’s been the best owner in my lifetime, but what’s happening now is bordering on neglect

with the club NOT being sold this means:
  • Contracts NOT being signed
  • infrastructure NOT being invested in
  • players NOT being bought

I think Ndiaye sale is the final straw for a lot of fans with our club being mis-managed… so PA please act now, thanks for everything but move on so the club can grow
So it’s an ‘absolutely shocking’ lineup, but if we are not careful, we could lose them come 24/25? Make your mind up pal.

So it’s an ‘absolutely shocking’ lineup, but if we are not careful, we could lose them come 24/25? Make your mind up pal.
Lose them and have no money to replace them with! A poor PL starting line up is different from not having a line up at all! Facetious reply

It’s his club to sell at whatever time and price he chooses, so we need to deal with the current situation which is nowhere near as bad as you paint.
I will look to the first match after the international break to see how the club is being run, not in the middle of players recruitment.
Some will argue that is too late, but I would rather we get recruitment and finance right, rather than dive into the market just because we have a match in 10 days.
Dive into the market ? Dive ?
You’re joking surely.
If PH hasn’t already got a long list of well researched targets to cover every foreseeable eventuality , he’s not the manager I think he is.
All he needs now is permission to go ahead and negotiate.

Agreed. I’m in the blind hope though that if we were to lower the price, we attract a greater selection of buyers and therefore can pick the best suited custodian

Leeds United have announced the EFL has approved the sale of the club to American investment group 49ers Enterprises.

Andrea Radrizzani, chairman and majority shareholder since 2017, agreed to sell his controlling stake last month, with the deal valuing the club at around £170m.

Dive into the market ? Dive ?
You’re joking surely.
If PH hasn’t already got a long list of well researched targets to cover every foreseeable eventuality , he’s not the manager I think he is.
All he needs now is permission to go ahead and negotiate.
Exactly. There is no way Hecky will dive in to get players for the first match. He will want the players that suit him and the squad both as footballers and as individuals.

How long is it ?

How long is what exactly...?

The bigger picture is, What is the Pauper Prince doing with the club and its finances to make the club itself look so unattractive to potential buyers.

Is he trying clear debt and running club on a tight shoestring to make it appear more attractive or is he just pocketing the riches himself and running the club into the ground ?
Oh ffs
..I despair
.know nowts just speculating with zero knowledge

Well this is good news

I honestly didn’t set out to write this thread to be a doom merchant. But what i do want is change… we need this change of ownership desperately imo, glad to see indications of the saga coming to a close, really hoping the new owners are decent and have enough coin in the bank to run the club
Btw...just cos Darren responds it doesn't mean what he's said is true

Exactly. There is no way Hecky will dive in to get players for the first match. He will want the players that suit him and the squad both as footballers and as individuals.
My point is that he already has his targets - he will want to move fast now and get them in before we lose too many points by being , as he put it , not ready for the PL.
There’s no time for faffing around.

I thought I was a miserable sod until I read that.

I'm pretty sure there were loads of threads about 'the double drop' last time we were relegated.

More important things to worry about in life than if we'll be a League 1 club again anytime soon.
I see the “we’re gonna blow promotion/derby points total” lads have added “league one in 2 years” to their repertoire.

I wish i didn’t put anything about Ndiaye now, as i did not intend to make this thread about him… but the mismanagement of SUFC.
mismanaged

16/17 won league one title 100 points
17/18 consilidated 10th championship
18/19 championship runners up
19 /20 finished 9th in prem fa cup quarter final
20/21 covid does for us
21/ 22 play offs championship
22/ 23 auto promotion to prem 91 points /fa cup semi

I dont mind being that mismanaged

so its not about Ndiaye
we bought in 3 x20m players in the prem weve sold 2 as they wanted to go to Arsenal and Olympic Marseille out of the prem

name me any club relegated from the prem that hasnt sold some players

Last edited:
The non-strategy, of allowing players contracts to run down to the last seasonwithout putting realistic offers on the table to protect our most valuable assets was always going to be a recipe for disaster.We have failed to protect our most valuable assets, and the N’diaye situation, is just the start of it, I’m afraid.
It left us prey, and easy pickings for Marseilles and I fear ,other scenarios will follow, with those players, who are coveted by other clubs (ie our most important ones)That’s the real story, about the N’diaye saga.
I’m afraid, out present owner seems to have just lost interest, in the long term.His number 1 goal is getting out, and if he wants out, he has to go (presumably the same logic he applied to Illy).
Our hope now is that he finds a buyer soon, that this time,satisfies the standards required of the authorities that assess these things.

The non-strategy, of allowing players contracts to run down to the last season without putting realistic offers on the table
look at it the other way
we offer all our top 10 players 3 year contracts on double or treble what they were on in dec 22

then middlesboro dont fold like they did and we miss out on promotion
we are saddled with millions in wages on championship income

or pay like Ndiaye berge anel 80k a week , and the rest of the squad goes sod that , i do my bit wheres my money

its not so easy to balance is it

My point is that he already has his targets - he will want to move fast now and get them in before we lose too many points by being , as he put it , not ready for the PL.
There’s no time for faffing around.
I agree, but it’s not like retail shopping where you can walk out without whatever you pay for. There are so many factors that slow transactions down that I don’t expect the squad to be filled and together until we arrive in September.
That is not a criticism of the club nor Hecky, but the reality of what purchasing power we have in a twisted system.
One in for the first match and another for the second would be great, with loans later this month.

Back
Top Bottom