How long is it

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hecky, would argue it’s too late.
You heard him last night say the first 4 out of 6 games are at home, and we need the players in for them.
It’s imperative we get off to a good start.
Homework on players should already be done, it’s time for action now, not sitting back until the international break to see how we’re doing.The damage will be done by then.

That's just it though. The prince DIDN'T sell us to a jailbird, a shady entrepreneur or a dodgy consortium. Give the guy a break. He got us promoted and didn't sell key players in January and has never sold big names just because he could. IN left because he wants to play for his boyhood club, not because SUFC made a paltry offer, the complete opposite infact. Be careful what you wish for. We could be like the other SUFC (Southend) and having to get fans to volunteer to get the stadium ready for their first game because the owner won't put any money in to the club with the ever present threat of liquidation due to constant winding up orders.

The prince has my vote

I think we were heading the way of Southend if we weren’t promoted.

PA doesn’t have to money to underwrite anything but success on the pitch. He’s the luckiest owner we’ve ever had.

It’s his club to sell at whatever time and price he chooses, so we need to deal with the current situation which is nowhere near as bad as you paint.
I will look to the first match after the international break to see how the club is being run, not in the middle of players recruitment.
Some will argue that is too late, but I would rather we get recruitment and finance right, rather than dive into the market just because we have a match in 10 days.
8 games into a 38 game season isn't ideal for having a good idea of what we've got, it might be better to aim for the 1st game and give ourselves a fighting chance. If we've got less than 9 points after those 8 games we're already playing catch up.

How long is it? It depends on where you think the base is to start measuring from. Also in my defence it was very cold that day!

Well this is good news

I honestly didn’t set out to write this thread to be a doom merchant. But what i do want is change… we need this change of ownership desperately imo, glad to see indications of the saga coming to a close, really hoping the new owners are decent and have enough coin in the bank to run the club

I reckon it's the Saudi Bank or 777, could have probably worked that out ourselves.

Before protests in the car park?

Seriously… the potential lineup for Palace is absolutely shocking, we’ve absolutely messed up this pre season for the club, hecky and the remaining players. If morale is bad for us, imagine them right now.

And looking to the future If we’re not careful we face a mass exodus of players next season, who knows what we’re looking at 24/25 if we go down

I know we can’t pin this all on PA… but two things are clear:

• the club needs to be sold ASAP… as in TODAY
  • PA needs to lower his price to get out quicker

And if we ARE already being sold, then the club needs to communicate something about it. The lack of leadership and communication to supporters has been absolutely shocking. Feels like we’re considered last in everything.

Just to clarify - i think he’s been the best owner in my lifetime, but what’s happening now is bordering on neglect

with the club NOT being sold this means:
  • Contracts NOT being signed
  • infrastructure NOT being invested in
  • players NOT being bought

I think Ndiaye sale is the final straw for a lot of fans with our club being mis-managed… so PA please act now, thanks for everything but move on so the club can grow
We’ll beat Palace.

What i don't get is that posters on this board say we should be more like Brentford and Brighton. Scout decent prospects, development them and sell them on for a profit, while all the time increasing the overall quality of the whole squad and those in their development sides. We sell one player who we have developed and suddenly therew is a melt down. You can't have it both ways! The only disappointing thing is the contracts situation which means we don't get a higher fee, that is the lesson the club needs to learn. If you want us to operate like Brentford and Brighton you need to be prepared we will be selling Anel next summer.

I'm already in the carpark, one shoe off.

Where are the rest of you, and when should I take the other one off??

1. Listen to PH's interview with Radio Sheffield last night. It's available online.

2. Go an touch some grass or something.

Seriously… the potential lineup for Palace is absolutely shocking, we’ve absolutely messed up this pre season for the club, hecky and the remaining players. If morale is bad for us, imagine them right now.

And looking to the future If we’re not careful we face a mass exodus of players next season, who knows what we’re looking at 24/25 if we go down

And if we ARE already being sold, then the club needs to communicate something about it. The lack of leadership and communication to supporters has been absolutely shocking. Feels like we’re considered last in everything.

Just to clarify - i think he’s been the best owner in my lifetime, but what’s happening now is bordering on neglect

I think Ndiaye sale is the final straw for a lot of fans with our club being mis-managed… so PA please act now, thanks for everything but move on so the club can grow
The 3 things you have suggested won't happen have all happened fairly recently.

Red alert, shields up, phasers ready.

Agreed. I’m in the blind hope though that if we were to lower the price, we attract a greater selection of buyers and therefore can pick the best suited custodian
Maybe the lower price attracts more scoundrels? You seem to want vetting rights over every applicant? Not the fans job. Tens of millions at stake here. Let someone better qualified test the applicants.

If we can't beat the likes of Palace it's going to be a long, hard season
Eze will likely be the key man for them. We don't have Illi any more so Eze could be the deciding factor for 3 points in this game.

Think it will be a low scoring draw.

What would be the point of a car park protest the Prince has forgotten where Bramall lane is he is never here nor are any of his boardroom, talk about a rudderless ship. The last effective car park protest I can remember was about 25 year ago when Mike McDonald thought he could go outside and talk to the fans to calm them down, trust me when he got back in the Platinum suit he was white as a ghost and shaking, I think he might have stained his trousers too.

Tell me please, for what reason do most people buy football clubs? Just because, on the face of it, a new owner has money to invest, doesn't mean he is going to, or that his investments will be for the betterment of the club. Any new owner we get will be a gamble, and like others have said, be careful what you wish for, the guy who bought my local team was perceived as a good owner initially, and look where they are now.

I'm still looking for my shoe 👞, I lost the last time we had a protest. It's a no from me 👍🏻

Isn’t it more about potential owners just want good bang for buck? Not about what they can afford or cannot?

Everyone wants a bargain! We’re supposedly valued at £140m but Leeds recently sold for £170m. If you were an investor - which would you go for?

56% of Leeds shares cost £170m. The 49rs group already owned 44%. It’s been said that the price dropped by about £40m on relegation.

Is it just me or is anybody else sick to death of all this fucking moaning 😡

Then what happens when they turn out to have less money to invest than PA?

Nobody with the type of money you expect to see invested wants to buy us. If they can’t afford whatever the asking price is chances are they can’t afford to put any more money in than PA has.

Stop this with your smartarse common sense.

The people have spoken and we have to be sold TODAY!

Even if it is to somebody less convincing than Dozy......

That's what Sky Sports reported

It was reported the 49rs paid £170m for the 56% of the shares they didn’t already own.

The BBC take

Leeds United chairman Andrea Radrizzani has agreed a £170m deal to sell his stake in the relegated club to co-owners 49ers Enterprises.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom