How long is it

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bongleblade

Reaction score
Before protests in the car park?

Seriously… the potential lineup for Palace is absolutely shocking, we’ve absolutely messed up this pre season for the club, hecky and the remaining players. If morale is bad for us, imagine them right now.

And looking to the future If we’re not careful we face a mass exodus of players next season, who knows what we’re looking at 24/25 if we go down

I know we can’t pin this all on PA… but two things are clear:

• the club needs to be sold ASAP… as in TODAY
  • PA needs to lower his price to get out quicker

And if we ARE already being sold, then the club needs to communicate something about it. The lack of leadership and communication to supporters has been absolutely shocking. Feels like we’re considered last in everything.

Just to clarify - i think he’s been the best owner in my lifetime, but what’s happening now is bordering on neglect

with the club NOT being sold this means:
  • Contracts NOT being signed
  • infrastructure NOT being invested in
  • players NOT being bought

I think Ndiaye sale is the final straw for a lot of fans with our club being mis-managed… so PA please act now, thanks for everything but move on so the club can grow

Feel free to correct me but wasn't Ndiaye pretty much signed and done deal for us but there was a last minute move? He wanted to go, if the rumours of offering him the biggest deal in our history didn't keep him very little would have.

Ndiaye has to be the last, forget him as a prospect, couldn't be happier for him and I do wish him well but he's gone and no longer here so we go forward.

Agree with the rest mind

Feel free to correct me but wasn't Ndiaye pretty much signed and done deal for us but there was a last minute move? He wanted to go, if the rumours of offering him the biggest deal in our history didn't keep him very little would have.

Ndiaye has to be the last, forget him as a prospect, couldn't be happier for him and I do wish him well but he's gone and no longer here so we go forward.

Agree with the rest mind
I wish i didn’t put anything about Ndiaye now, as i did not intend to make this thread about him… but the mismanagement of SUFC.

My point was that Ndiaye is a final straw that breaks the camels back for a lot of fans. I do think there could have been opportunity to keep ndiaye for longer if we hadnt gone the cheap route with his initial contract renewal (ie pay him more than 4k and tie him down for longer), but anyway we move on.

PA needs out ASAP, if you treat a car like shit you end up selling it for cheaper… same with a football club IMO!

I think everyone agrees it’s time for him to move on. The issue of course is when you also wrote “so the club can grow”

PA’s understanding of selling to someone who will be a custodian of the club and understand its values and invest in it doesn’t seem to stack up when to date, he’s tried selling us to a jailbird, a shady entrepreneur and now a consortium who apparently have been linked to some shady dealings.

Perhaps I’ve read it all wrong, but let’s just say PA doesn’t fill me with any confidence with who our next owner may end up being.

I think everyone agrees it’s time for him to move on. The issue of course is when you also wrote “so the club can grow”

PA’s understanding of selling to someone who will be a custodian of the club and understand its values and invest in it doesn’t seem to stack up when to date, he’s tried selling us to a jailbird, a shady entrepreneur and now a consortium who apparently have been linked to some shady dealings.

Perhaps I’ve read it all wrong, but let’s just say PA doesn’t fill me with any confidence with who our next owner may end up being.
Agreed. I’m in the blind hope though that if we were to lower the price, we attract a greater selection of buyers and therefore can pick the best suited custodian

So, last season we were in a very very strong position for an EPL return and all the prestige and riches that brings.

Who did we get? A literal Nigerian conman.

The idea that we can say "the prince needs to sell up" is moot when he's been flashing his beige stained y-fronts at anyone with a few naira in the bank.

Is the club valued too high? I personally have no clue as I've not looked at the balance sheet or know what's the going rate for a club of our size in the Premier league these days anyway. Presumably, thr value of players feeds into this too so it may fluctuate now Ili has gone.

And give over with car park protests. Makes us sound like the other lot from across the city.

That's just it though. The prince DIDN'T sell us to a jailbird, a shady entrepreneur or a dodgy consortium. Give the guy a break. He got us promoted and didn't sell key players in January and has never sold big names just because he could. IN left because he wants to play for his boyhood club, not because SUFC made a paltry offer, the complete opposite infact. Be careful what you wish for. We could be like the other SUFC (Southend) and having to get fans to volunteer to get the stadium ready for their first game because the owner won't put any money in to the club with the ever present threat of liquidation due to constant winding up orders.

The prince has my vote

Any "protest" would have to be aimed at the Prince and asking him to lower the asking price so this holding period can move on. Unfortunately I doubt any such protest would work.

That's just it though. The prince DIDN'T sell us to a jailbird, a shady entrepreneur or a dodgy consortium. Give the guy a break. He got us promoted and didn't sell key players in January and has never sold big names just because he could. IN left because he wants to play for his boyhood club, not because SUFC made a paltry offer, the complete opposite infact. Be careful what you wish for. We could be like the other SUFC (Southend) and having to get fans to volunteer to get the stadium ready for their first game because the owner won't put any money in to the club with the ever present threat of liquidation due to constant winding up orders.

He didn’t sell, that is correct, but not through want of trying.

My own opinion is he will sell to “anyone” who stumps up the money and manages to get past the EFL/PL

The bit about selling to a new owner who is a custodian and investment and having the clubs values at heart is merely fluff.

I have no issue with his previous running of the club. I do have an issue about what he intends to do with it. Lets hope he proves me wrong

The time to protest would be as a League 1 club, not as an entitled set of Premier League wankers.

We know why we aren't spending any money, once bitten, twice shy and all that.

Get to 12 points and all is fine!
Blink and we’ll be there.

If we are really terrible this season, and morale is rock bottom - how many of the players will you expect to sign contract extensions?

We’ve got a looming crisis where we find ourselves in the championship with loads of unproven academy kids, no money and rock-bottom morale.

It really is a worst case scenario i’m painting but definitely possible if the club doesn’t change hands.

A lucky shrewd owner not prepared to gamble his or our future, the level of spending under him far exceeds anything else , cuvelier right through, he dropped lucky with the McCabe deal , dropped lucky with his January flirt with Dozy and ultimately with gaining promotion…….. I don’t agree with all he’s done but he’s learnt from our last premier league spending disaster and he’s now protecting his own interests which currently protects our club …. As some have said be careful what we wish for

My original point is this: if PA lowers the value of the club, we attract more buyers, we pick from the best of the lot.
Then what happens when they turn out to have less money to invest than PA?

Nobody with the type of money you expect to see invested wants to buy us. If they can’t afford whatever the asking price is chances are they can’t afford to put any more money in than PA has.

Seriously… the potential lineup for Palace is absolutely shocking.

And looking to the future If we’re not careful we face a mass exodus of players next season, who knows what we’re looking at 24/25 if we go down

Just to clarify - i think he’s been the best owner in my lifetime, but what’s happening now is bordering on neglect

The knee jerking going on these last few days is embarrassing. There's a lot of conjecture and false statements here.

The lineup for palace is not fully clear yet, There's a decent CB coming through the door and other deals are being worked on.

• we don't know that the status of the club is linked to contracts not being signed, for all we know, once the transfer window shuts we could start offering contracts out, that would make sense. I'm sure the club are well aware of the contract situation and Hecky would have mentioned it if he was worried about it.
  • I agree about infrastructure to a point, but also not entirely true; we're investing in the academy, the pitches were upgraded last season, there's work ongoing in the background looking at an additional site to allow us to upgrade to cat 1 status. The massive outlay is not an option with our current owners financial constraints. But he is trying to sell.
  • We are buying players.

If the Prince was forced to sell, we'd probably end up with the bottom of the pile. We always knew this season was going to be difficult because of the financial situation created in the Wilder season, spunking money on Brewster, Mcburnie, Mousset etc.

Personally, I'm pleased the Prince's gamble paid off and he's sensibly putting us back on a level footing whilst trying to sell us to someone who hopefully has deeper pockets.

But the knee jerking going off by a section of our fans is only dividing us, causing discord and ill feeling. You say you shouldn't have mentioned Ndiaye, but you wouldn't have wrote it if it wasn't for us losing him to Marseille

Blink and we’ll be there.

If we are really terrible this season, and morale is rock bottom - how many of the players will you expect to sign contract extensions?

We’ve got a looming crisis where we find ourselves in the championship with loads of unproven academy kids, no money and rock-bottom morale.

It really is a worst case scenario i’m painting but definitely possible if the club doesn’t change hands.
I thought I was a miserable sod until I read that.

I'm pretty sure there were loads of threads about 'the double drop' last time we were relegated.

More important things to worry about in life than if we'll be a League 1 club again anytime soon.

Then what happens when they turn out to have less money to invest than PA?

Nobody with the type of money you expect to see invested wants to buy us. If they can’t afford whatever the asking price is chances are they can’t afford to put any more money in than PA has.
Isn’t it more about potential owners just want good bang for buck? Not about what they can afford or cannot?

Everyone wants a bargain! We’re supposedly valued at £140m but Leeds recently sold for £170m. If you were an investor - which would you go for?

The knee jerking going on these last few days is embarrassing. There's a lot of conjecture and false statements here.

The lineup for palace is not fully clear yet, There's a decent CB coming through the door and other deals are being worked on.

• we don't know that the status of the club is linked to contracts not being signed, for all we know, once the transfer window shuts we could start offering contracts out, that would make sense. I'm sure the club are well aware of the contract situation and Hecky would have mentioned it if he was worried about it.
  • I agree about infrastructure to a point, but also not entirely true; we're investing in the academy, the pitches were upgraded last season, there's work ongoing in the background looking at an additional site to allow us to upgrade to cat 1 status. The massive outlay is not an option with our current owners financial constraints. But he is trying to sell.
  • We are buying players.

If the Prince was forced to sell, we'd probably end up with the bottom of the pile. We always knew this season was going to be difficult because of the financial situation created in the Wilder season, spunking money on Brewster, Mcburnie, Mousset etc.

Personally, I'm pleased the Prince's gamble paid off and he's sensibly putting us back on a level footing whilst trying to sell us to someone who hopefully has deeper pockets.

But the knee jerking going off by a section of our fans is only dividing us, causing discord and ill feeling. You say you shouldn't have mentioned Ndiaye, but you wouldn't have wrote it if it wasn't for us losing him to Marseille
The Prince has sold off the family silver at the clubs in Belgium and France. Both relegated, and replaced by players scouted through UW with no signs of a turnaround. Is this what you want for us?

Isn’t it more about potential owners just want good bang for buck? Not about what they can afford or cannot?

Everyone wants a bargain! We’re supposedly valued at £140m but Leeds recently sold for £170m. If you were an investor - which would you go for?
Leeds were sold for £170m as a championship team, they were valued at £400m in the prem

The Prince has sold off the family silver at the clubs in Belgium and France. Both relegated, and replaced by players scouted through UW with no signs of a turnaround. Is this what you want for us?
Has he done this to us?

He didn’t sell, that is correct, but not through want of trying.

My own opinion is he will sell to “anyone” who stumps up the money and manages to get past the EFL/PL

The bit about selling to a new owner who is a custodian and investment and having the clubs values at heart is merely fluff.

I have no issue with his previous running of the club. I do have an issue about what he intends to do with it. Lets hope he proves me wrong
I completely agree. I think the Ndiaye transfer has been geuninly gutting and the first time I have felt some anger towards this board, but what actually concerns me is the diligence around these potential takeovers. I have not had a lot of criticism of PA until now, the truth will only be after the fact of his stewardship, I never particularly wanted a member of the SA royal family running our club tbh, yet we have done very well out of his reign. But, we should be a million miles from protests around his actual running of the club. The decisions wrong or right are taken to ensure the club operates within its means, we should not compare ourselves to other clubs who are a sea of loss, debt and gambling....which is what most of the Championship looks like. Despite this, we are in the Premier league and are there on the back of showing ourselves to be a consistent top end Championship club, something I don't remember in my 40+ years watching the Blades. Some of the fan protests, given their status and position last year...I think Spurs and Leeds in particular, were just embarrassing. Given how football is, I am most concerned about a chairman who protects the security of the club, not what he spends out of his own pocket. I think we are safe with the Prince, it's who he sells to where we should be concerned.

I think the question should be ‘is this what is happening to us’
I would argue the opposite is happening to us. Yeah we've sold Ndiaye, but Hecky has been promised the fee. We're signing young players who hopefully can be developed so that they have decent sell on values, for example Anel. He hasn't sold any of the infrastructure, like Wednesday have with the ground. The stadium and academy is in a better condition than when when he took over, marginally.

There's no evidence to suggest he is selling off the family silver.

How long is it ?

How long is what exactly...?

The bigger picture is, What is the Pauper Prince doing with the club and its finances to make the club itself look so unattractive to potential buyers.

Is he trying clear debt and running club on a tight shoestring to make it appear more attractive or is he just pocketing the riches himself and running the club into the ground ?

How long is it ?

How long is what exactly...?

The bigger picture is, What is the Pauper Prince doing with the club and its finances to make the club itself look so unattractive to potential buyers.

Is he trying clear debt and running club on a tight shoestring to make it appear more attractive or is he just pocketing the riches himself and running the club into the ground ?
Is there any evidence whatsoever that he's pocketing the riches? Or is this just made up to have a pop at him?

Before protests in the car park?

Seriously… the potential lineup for Palace is absolutely shocking, we’ve absolutely messed up this pre season for the club, hecky and the remaining players. If morale is bad for us, imagine them right now.

And if we ARE already being sold, then the club needs to communicate something about it. The lack of leadership and communication to supporters has been absolutely shocking. Feels like we’re considered last in everything.

I think Ndiaye sale is the final straw for a lot of fans with our club being mis-managed… so PA please act now, thanks for everything but move on so the club can grow
It’s his club to sell at whatever time and price he chooses, so we need to deal with the current situation which is nowhere near as bad as you paint.
I will look to the first match after the international break to see how the club is being run, not in the middle of players recruitment.
Some will argue that is too late, but I would rather we get recruitment and finance right, rather than dive into the market just because we have a match in 10 days.

• We are buying players.

Reason i mention Ndiaye situation is bc it’s another example of mismanagement - offering a 3yr extension on a pittance was the cheap option - putting all the new players on 3yr contract - yet again the cheap option - the clubs actions are all focused on running the club as cheap as possible and yet again it will cost us later down the line with players leaving for free or way below value.

My point is we cannot plan long-term with PA and we cannot afford championship, let alone PL football.

Your point was PAs trying to get us on an even keel financially - how’s about just changing owners to someone who can actually afford to run a football club? More effective than trying to stay in the PL with a league one front line!

You mention he is trying to sell and that if he was forced to sell we’d end up with bottom of the pile - i’d like to hear an explanation to why this would be?

If PA lowers his price (don’t forget the price he actually got the club for!) he will attract more buyers and be able to pick which buyer is suitable.

The reason why we’ve only attracted crackpots so far is because the price to buy sufc is totally unrealistic. And the only people interested in buying an unrealistically over-valued club are con artists

Last edited:

I think this thread is the start of many threads that will spawn if we have a poor start to the season. Dozens of new accounts (lurkers) will appear from the woodwork yet again to spill their crap and there will be a similar element from the stands. Instead of getting behind the team for the season, it will be too much of an opportunity to turn down to have a go at the club - and they will.

The squad will be on a massive downer at the minute, but a good start to the season will correct that and it requires the fans, staff and club to be together in this. Doom and gloom at this point is not what we need. I'm looking forward to more quality football and beer sampling opportunities :)

Cheer up FFS and enjoy another season in the Prem - even if it is just the one this time.

UTMB

Back
Top Bottom