Has Hecky got what it takes? - Poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Should Hecky stay or go?

• Stay

Votes: 254 49.5%
  • Go

Votes: 155 30.2%
  • One last chance at BL against Man United

Votes: 104 20.3%

• Total voters
Not really.

There have been a number of threads all basically saying the same thing and all started by people in favour of sacking him.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and there's some valid criticism been mentioned. However, I'm yet to see a credible realistic replacement suggested that would make the change worth it imho.

I'd rather stick than bring in a replacement that will not only not make much difference, but also set us on a path to further change and instability.
Hassenhuttl is very realistic and a definite upgrade

We need change! Stability being terrible isn’t good. Stability copying the old managers tactics / style / formation isn’t good.

We need to rejuvenate the side and I’ve not seen anything of the sort.
Show me an alternative that's likely to be a notable improvement that we can realistically attract, and I may be more open to consideration.

The thing is, if the new manager still has us chasing our first win at Xmas, many of those wanting Hecky out, will want him out.

Just want to garner the general opinion on Hecky now the dust has settled from another loss and people have had time to reflect.

Despite the rumours it doesn't look like he's going yet at least. Personally, I think he needs to go cos he doesn't have the tactical nous to make us competitive, nevermind keep us up. And team spirit looks on the floor - as soon as we go a goal down the heads drop.
And particularly with the tactics it's his inability or stubbornness to change from a 5 at the back, as well as his awful use of subs.

And with that you have the injury record (take out the freak injuries if you want, it's still a terrible record of muscle injuries that is much worse than other teams in both leagues we've been in). We always seem to be patched up with minimal bench options, not that Hecky would know how to use them.

I wanted to give him the season, I really did. But I didn't forsee an 8-0 defeat at home and what would follow. That changes everything.
We look devoid of ideas, spirit and fight. Nevermind staying up, nevermind beating Derby's record, at this rate I don't know where the next point is coming from.

Hecky is a great bloke, and props to him for last season, but I think it was clear at the time and more so now that was heavily reliant on Ndiaye's magic, or the fact he could take 3 men with him who were trying to keep him quiet. We simply don't have that now, and barring from pumping it up to McBurnie we are totally clueless on how we can progress up the pitch.
From January, every team in and around us - we lost to. Luton at home, Boro at home, Burnley away.

We aren't cut adrift, and it's only October, but we are already down in all but status if we keep things like it is.
Wasn’t the plan to bring in young, inexperienced players who would then form the basis of next season’s Championship side ?
If that was/is the case then getting rid of him and replacing him with someone who can do what you wish for, with all the resultant cost that involves, seems unrealistic.
I may be wrong but I don’t think this squad is as bad as some make out. Yes we will struggle, especially with all the injuries, but we may not be quite so embarrassing as we have been recently.

Squeezing every penny and "The manager won't be judged on results" don't match with paying compo to Hecky and bringing someone in on similar/higher wages.

If the owner rolled the dice and got a new manager who would move away from 532 plus had money to spend in January I'd be all for it. Don't see that happening.

Am I his agent? How am I meant to know?
Surely that is always the problem in sacking a manager. It costs a lot to get rid and then perhaps more to find a replacement who is better. We don’t have that level of finance.

I voted stay. I was ready to get rid after the Fulham game but having calmed down a bit I think he deserves more time. He has limited tools at his disposal—made more limited by the injury situation. He’s been forced to try implement a new style of play and deserves a bit more time to move that process along.

Give him a few weeks to see if he’s capable of lifting morale and coming up with some sort of plan. If no improvement by early December, revisit the question then.

Surely that is always the problem in sacking a manager. It costs a lot to get rid and then perhaps more to find a replacement who is better. We don’t have that level of finance.
I'm sure most clubs including Utd have a contingency plan in place for this

Show me an alternative that's likely to be a notable improvement that we can realistically attract, and I may be more open to consideration.

The thing is, if the new manager still has us chasing our first win at Xmas, many of those wanting Hecky out, will want him out.
And rightly so. Teams like Luton are picking up wins.

No one expects us to win 10/10 but we expect effort. The players have no fight in them that’s everyone’s issue.

Yes we can lose 6-0 to City that’s fine. But at least run around and be difficult to play against and have an identity.

Watch Luton they will undoubtedly be the poorer team week in week out but they’ll have ago and have a style and identity.

We don’t have anything currently.

A new manager to regroup the players and get them at least trying.

How do you know if he's realistic then?

He was undoubtedly on a lot more at Soton than we're paying Hecky.
And he's currently earning the square root of fuck all.
He was sacked with Soton bottom of the league.

I'll tell you what, why debate owt? Why speculate anything? If he's sacked we'll have to appoint John Egan or something cos we are clearly that skint according to some

And he's currently earning the square root of fuck all.
He was sacked with Soton bottom of the league.

I'll tell you what, why debate owt? Why speculate anything? If he's sacked we'll have to appoint John Egan or something cos we are clearly that skint according to some
If you're going to say we should sack the manager, it's reasonable to ask who you think should replace him.

Just because Hassenhutl hasn't got a managerial role currently, doesn't mean he'd jump at coming here, let alone on what we would be willing to pay.

I'd love Potter but I'm realistic to know there's two hopes and one is Bob.

If you're going to say we should sack the manager, it's reasonable to ask who you think should replace him.

Just because Hassenhutl hasn't got a managerial role currently, doesn't mean he'd jump at coming here, let alone on what we would be willing to pay.

I'd love Potter but I'm realistic to know there's two hopes and one is Bob.
One has just managed Chelsea, one has managed Southampton.
I would be seriously worried if we couldn't afford Hassenhuttl.

One has just managed Chelsea, one has managed Southampton.
I would be seriously worried if we couldn't afford Hassenhuttl.
I'm not sure how reliable the figures are but what's out there suggests RH was on £6 million per year compared to £1 million for Hecky.

I'm sure most clubs including Utd have a contingency plan in place for this
You would only have a contingency plan if first it was possible that you may sack the manager and second had the funds available to cover both costs.
Whilst the decision as to whether to sack is in the owners hands there is no need for a contingency plan. If the manager leaves then that is different.

I voted stay. I was ready to get rid after the Fulham game but having calmed down a bit I think he deserves more time. He has limited tools at his disposal—made more limited by the injury situation. He’s been forced to try implement a new style of play and deserves a bit more time to move that process along.

Give him a few weeks to see if he’s capable of lifting morale and coming up with some sort of plan. If no improvement by early December, revisit the question then.
What's this new style of play you talk about?? 🤔

What's this new style of play you talk about?? 🤔
Yeah, it hasn’t made an appearance yet has it? That’s the biggest concern for me. Losing Berge and Ndiaye meant we were always going to have to do this—would another manager have made it happen sooner? Open question for me.

Currently 50% think he has what it takes. Amazing. Astonishing.

How can so many people but in one forum all be this deluded.

I voted to stick with him (for now). That doesn’t make me deluded, but realistic.

After Arsenal (10 games) we’ll have played 4 of the big 6, another 2 currently in Europe alongside established Prem teams like Palace and Everton.

If we’d played Luton, Burnley, Bournemouth, Wolves, Everton, Brentford say in that first ten and were still on one point then yep it’s panic stations.

As it stands we’ve played 1 of them so far.

You would only have a contingency plan if first it was possible that you may sack the manager and second had the funds available to cover both costs.
Whilst the decision as to whether to sack is in the owners hands there is no need for a contingency plan. If the manager leaves then that is different.
You state the obvious very well in the first paragraph. You seem very certain about it do you have more information on it than most ?

Not really.

There have been a number of threads all basically saying the same thing and all started by people in favour of sacking him.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and there's some valid criticism been mentioned. However, I'm yet to see a credible realistic replacement suggested that would make the change worth it imho.

I'd rather stick than bring in a replacement that will not only not make much difference, but also set us on a path to further change and instability.
I'd go for an interim manager if and when we do. It will be nigh on impossible to avoid relegation, so the new man will be incredibly tainted by the start of next season.

For that reason, I wouldn't rule out someone like (shudder) Warnock.

Back
Top Bottom