Happy 5th of May

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let's celebrate! We've had the BDM for yonks so let's fight back.

A new chant to the tune of the Grand Old Duke of York

Oh it was the 5th of May
We had a group of men
Got United up to Division 2
With Wednesday down again
And the Blades they were up they were up
And the Pigs they were down they we down
Whilst Blades were cheering, Pigs were squealing over Sheffield town

great day in our history!

It was indeed.

They were a great bunch of lads with a real togetherness and fighting spirit and I distinctively remember not feeling too worried even when Mills scored that early goal.

Deano's goal is one of my favourites of all time. You could have mashed a pot of tea in the time it took for the ball finally to go in the net.

That half-time teamtalk remains Comedy Gold.

I love the discussion at half-time about who is meant to be marking who. If the management were arguing the toss amongst themselves, imagine how confusing it must have been for the players?

Wish i was alive to have seen that with my own eyes :D
Think Forest in the play off semi final on a hot summers Saturday with Wednesday all but safe from relegation, we go away and half the ground are blades fans, we go a goal down early on then suddenly, bang, bang, bang, bang, a motley crew just promoted from 3rd division the season prior are 4-1 up at half time, every goal is celebrated with a pitch invasion and everything is rosey, the second half sees thm score a goal, we match thm to make the game safe at 5-2, the final whistle is met with wild celebration, even the home fans clap us off, just as you thing life as a blade doesn't get any better the stadium announcer goes "oh blades fans, Wednesday have been relegated"....................

I can't believe it was 24 years ago. Surely something should be done in 2015 to commemorate the 25th anniversary.

But don't call me Shirley.

Bm5cVPDIMAAJ7Le.jpg:large

Best £4.50 I've ever spent

Back
Top Bottom