Greasy chip butties

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Regularly have a chip butty at 'Toffs' chippy in Muswell Hill. With lashings of salt and vinegar.

I treat myself to a monthly chip butty at lunch, from the chippy in the Moor Market. Sit down at a table and listen in to all the OAPs conversations about buses and how things were better during WWII. Can't beat it.
I would love that right now I miss that stuff
I’ve just had me breakfast and wernt owt like that but It never is

I would love that right now I miss that stuff
I’ve just had me breakfast and wernt owt like that but It never is
Freezing me bollox off in between two buildings in Yonkers

Haven’t lived in Sheffield for over 30 years now, Bristol is awash with good f&c shops but proper fish cakes don’t seem to exist South of Chesterfield.

So my craving on my return is always a fish cake in a breadcake, with scraps as they don’t exist in Bristol either.

I'd genuinely not fancied one for years until the other day, when I was in a cafe and a bit low on cash. They were offering chip butties for two euros so I went for it. I was hoping for freshly-cooked thick chips in a buttered bread cake but what I got was two slices of buttered white bread with some oven fries in the middle. What kind of bullshit is that?

Oh yes, when we go on holiday each summer to a Greek island, I have one for my lunch every day, along with an ice cold Mythos

It can some times get a bit tricky trying to translate a greasy chip butty to some one who doesn't speak much English :)

I'd genuinely not fancied one for years until the other day, when I was in a cafe and a bit low on cash. They were offering chip butties for two euros so I went for it. I was hoping for freshly-cooked thick chips in a buttered bread cake but what I got was two slices of buttered white bread with some oven fries in the middle. What kind of bullshit is that?
Didn’t you ask them first? I always ask what bread they’re using before I order.

Further to my comment on another thread that I can't get Fish and Chips in Germany, I will further reveal that they don't put vinegar on their chips. In fact, if you suggest it, they turn their noses up and look at you as if you're some sort of mangy poodle that eats its own shit.

What am I doing here???

Further to my comment on another thread that I can't get Fish and Chips in Germany, I will further reveal that they don't put vinegar on their chips. In fact, if you suggest it, they turn their noses up and look at you as if you're some sort of mangy poodle that eats its own shit.

What am I doing here???
I have no idea. You’re on here 24/7, surely you could live in Sheffield and do that?

YOU FILL UP MY SENSES
LIKE A GALLON OF OAT MILK
LIKE A PACKET OF QUINOA
LIKE A GOOD PINCH OF SEEDS
LIKE A NIGHT IN WITH YOGA
LIKE A GLUTEN FREE BUTTY
LIKE HEALTHY UNITED
TRY VEGAN AGAIN
NA NA NA NA NAAA jazz hands

Yoga is cultural appropriation you know, not woke enough.

8/10 see me.

Back
Top Bottom