“I like that song”

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ekke287

Arrives precisely when he means to.
Reaction score
I took my 6 year old to Everton, her second game (she’s not really into it yet but starting her early).

After the GCB she turns to me and says “I like that song!”, then asked me the lyrics.

All the walk home she was seeing fellow Blades and saying “Greasy chip Butty” and “Good pinch of snuff!” to anyone who’d listen.

This is what being a Blade to me is all about, I went to the games as a kid with my dad and granddad, and now I take mine.

Anyway, enough with the eye watering bollocks, what’s your favourite Blades song / chant?

GCB all day for me.

I like any to the tune of 'Sloop John B', '7 Nation Army', that one about wanting to go home, 'football in a library' and when oppo keepers take goal kicks and everyone shouts 'you shit bastard aaaahhhhh'.

This kind of originality and top bantz is what football was made for.

I believe that one of the most heard chants this season...

"Sheffield Wednesday's F**ked It Up Again...."

Simple in it's meaning, laughing at the neighbours because they're not very good at football.
The Family Stand should start off this song, especially with the five/six/seven year olds the loudest!!

Not really a song and very very rarely hear it now but as a kid I always loved

'Attack'

'Attack'

'Attack Attack Attack'

And the players always seemed to give it a go..

Last edited:
"No Pig fans in town" has a poetic quality that no other song in the canon has.

Also, "My Old Man", which hardly anybody sings because our shit fans have no knowledge of, or respect for, the club's heritage and traditions.

No knowledge of traditions in a thread where I mention taking my daughter because my dad took me 😂

Not really a song and very very rarely hear it now but as a kid I always loved

'Attack'

'Attack'

'Attack Attack Attack'

And the players always seemed to give it a go..

Heard this in The Abbey pub watching us play Hull at Wembley. By this point it was end to end and we were chasing the game, most of the pub already pissed up.

We go forward - “Attack! Attack! Attack!”

Hull take the ball - “Defend! Defend! Defend!”

No knowledge of traditions in a thread where I mention taking my daughter because my dad took me 😂

Heard this in The Abbey pub watching us play Hull at Wembley. By this point it was end to end and we were chasing the game, most of the pub already pissed up.

We go forward - “Attack! Attack! Attack!”

Hull take the ball - “Defend! Defend! Defend!”

That wasn't aimed at you, it's just a general observation.

"No Pig fans in town" has a poetic quality that no other song in the canon has.

Also, "My Old Man", which hardly anybody sings because our shit fans have no knowledge of, or respect for, the club's heritage and traditions.
I still sing both of those to myself all the time.

“My Old Man” is particularly good sung in operatic style with the word “cuuuuuunt” drawn out for dramatic effect.

We played Wednesday at Hillsborough during the foot and mouth disease crisis of 2001.

A brilliant song was born that day, but have never heard it since...

Don't go to Hillsborough, 'cos you'll get foot and mouth!
Don't go to Hillsborough, 'cos you'll get foot and mouth!
Just like a pig that's standing by the slaughterhouse
Yooooouuuuuu'll get foot and mouth!

I liked the taunts of 'Gypo! Gypo! Gypo!' and 'Where's your caravan, where's your caravan?' to any opposition player sporting long hair. Even when I had long hair myself, I joined in with gusto. I suppose the long haired me would be expected to be offended by such good natured ribbing in today's sanitised world.

I liked the taunts of 'Gypo! Gypo! Gypo!' and 'Where's your caravan, where's your caravan?' to any opposition player sporting long hair. Even when I had long hair myself, I joined in with gusto. I suppose the long haired me would be expected to be offended by such good natured ribbing in today's sanitised world.

Last time I heard that was to Shaun Derry when he rocked up with Leeds.

Last time I heard that was to Shaun Derry when he rocked up with Leeds.
I'm sure Robbie Savage got a barrage of it when he rocked up with Leicester, probably around the same time. Typical Savage, took it well and had a laugh about it. Good lad.

Back
Top Bottom