Greasy chip butties

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

More to the point, why don't we sell greasy chip butties at the lane? Them cardboard fries are shite.

Had one last week in John St when I was down. Skin on chips mind. However, they were proper size none of that French shite. Oh and lashings of Hendos.

Oh yes, when we go on holiday each summer to a Greek island, I have one for my lunch every day, along with an ice cold Mythos

It can some times get a bit tricky trying to translate a greasy chip butty to some one who doesn't speak much English :)
Bit of a tangent here, but bear with.
Boat load of us tourists stopped at idyllic Greek island. Everybody's house turned into a cafe. This bloke asked for omelette and chips, " Yes Yes, chip omelette". Sez the host.
" Omelette and chips " he corrected.
" Yes yes chip omelette".
A Greek short while later, appears a chip omelette.
Scrambled eggs wi' chips sticking out!
Looked oreyt though.

I'm with you mate, it's 2020 after all, got to think of our health. Don't bother with the greasy chip butty, but I'm now up to 2 packets of Woodbines 😬
Genuine question, are there still Woodbine Cigarettes on sale?

Bit of a tangent here, but bear with.
Boat load of us tourists stopped at idyllic Greek island. Everybody's house turned into a cafe. This bloke asked for omelette and chips, " Yes Yes, chip omelette". Sez the host.
" Omelette and chips " he corrected.
" Yes yes chip omelette".
A Greek short while later, appears a chip omelette.
Scrambled eggs wi' chips sticking out!
Looked oreyt though.

thats up there with the latest Italian craze for last few years of having chips on their pizza. So half cooked pizza, put half cooked chips on top then bake to finish. Sorry but thats taking it too far. Although remember when we were over there visiting relatives in Sicily they were doing the pizza chips thing so I took the chips off the pizza, put them between a baguette got tomato sauce put that on and everyone looked as though it was something amazing then they tried it and though it was great ! Need to sell proper chip butties at the lane.

I treat myself to a monthly chip butty at lunch, from the chippy in the Moor Market. Sit down at a table and listen in to all the OAPs conversations about buses and how things were better during WWII. Can't beat it.
Would that be at Sallie's, if so should be good.

thats up there with the latest Italian craze for last few years of having chips on their pizza. So half cooked pizza, put half cooked chips on top then bake to finish. Sorry but thats taking it too far. Although remember when we were over there visiting relatives in Sicily they were doing the pizza chips thing so I took the chips off the pizza, put them between a baguette got tomato sauce put that on and everyone looked as though it was something amazing then they tried it and though it was great ! Need to sell proper chip butties at the lane.
Watch and learn forrins, watch and learn.

YOU FILL UP MY SENSES
LIKE A GALLON OF OAT MILK
LIKE A PACKET OF QUINOA
LIKE A GOOD PINCH OF SEEDS
LIKE A NIGHT IN WITH YOGA
LIKE A GLUTEN FREE BUTTY
LIKE HEALTHY UNITED
TRY VEGAN AGAIN
NA NA NA NA NAAA jazz hands
That's quality mate😆

best chip butties I ever had was in Cefn Mawr near Llangollen JUST OUTSIDE WREXHAM

THEY TOOK A BLOOMER CUT THE TOP OFF RIPPED OUT SOME OF THE BREAD INSIDE THEN FILLED IT WITH CHIPS , COULD HAVE SOME CURRY ON IT AS WELL , WAS MARVELLOUS
We used to do that in my schooldays int 70's. Chippy on Eastern Ave. Wi lashins o salt n vinegar. Double reight😉

I treat myself to a monthly chip butty at lunch, from the chippy in the Moor Market. Sit down at a table and listen in to all the OAPs conversations about buses and how things were better during WWII. Can't beat it.
You also get the oportunity to eye up the skirt discretely of course😍👚👚👗👗🥿🥿👠👠👝👛👓👓

best chip butties I ever had was in Cefn Mawr near Llangollen JUST OUTSIDE WREXHAM

THEY TOOK A BLOOMER CUT THE TOP OFF RIPPED OUT SOME OF THE BREAD INSIDE THEN FILLED IT WITH CHIPS , COULD HAVE SOME CURRY ON IT AS WELL , WAS MARVELLOUS
Did similar at chippy on Fife street, school days early 70's. Go into bread shop across the road and two of yers (I didn't) would have a loaf cut in half. Rag the bread out then fill it with chips 'n' cake, s&v and send it darn t' red lane.

Better a greasy chip butty than summat loaded with sugar
Spot on!

Sugar is worse for you than fat. At least that’s what the experts are saying now. And many of these “low fat” things are higher in sugar. I saw the other day they were saying don’t buy low fat stuff.

I was going to say I wish they’d make their minds up, but I never followed their advice anyway.

As for greasy chip butties...there are few greater pleasures in life than eating home cooked chips, made from potatoes, (my favourite being Red King Edwards because they make crispy chips), on a good quality bread cake with real butter on it. With a sprinkling of salt and Aspall’s Golden malt vinegar on it.

When the butter melts and trickles down my chin, staining my waistcoat, I’m in heaven.

Unfortunately there isn’t a chip shop I know of that does this combination. And I can understand them not being aware of the superiority of Red King Edward potatoes or Aspall’s malt vinegar. But they should know that “spread” is NOT butter. And that includes branded spreads, like “Lurpak spreadable”. It is NOT butter!

That’s why I don’t bother with chip shop butties.

Further to my comment on another thread that I can't get Fish and Chips in Germany, I will further reveal that they don't put vinegar on their chips. In fact, if you suggest it, they turn their noses up and look at you as if you're some sort of mangy poodle that eats its own shit.

What am I doing here???
Eating your own shit?

Did similar at chippy on Fife street, school days early 70's. Go into bread shop across the road and two of yers (I didn't) would have a loaf cut in half. Rag the bread out then fill it with chips 'n' cake, s&v and send it darn t' red lane.
Dinner time from Hinde House keeping a look out for the teacher patrols?

What, no mention of the old trams?
And don't get me started on the blitz....

Oh yes, when we go on holiday each summer to a Greek island, I have one for my lunch every day, along with an ice cold Mythos

It can some times get a bit tricky trying to translate a greasy chip butty to some one who doesn't speak much English :)
Dirty Bastards.

Further to my comment on another thread that I can't get Fish and Chips in Germany, I will further reveal that they don't put vinegar on their chips. In fact, if you suggest it, they turn their noses up and look at you as if you're some sort of mangy poodle that eats its own shit.

What am I doing here???
Yet they think rotten cabbage is some kind of delicacy.

Back
Top Bottom