“I like that song”

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

any song or chant other than “Let’s go fucking mental”. That is beneath me.

"No Pig fans in town" has a poetic quality that no other song in the canon has.

Also, "My Old Man", which hardly anybody sings because our shit fans have no knowledge of, or respect for, the club's heritage and traditions.
I've never been sure about "my old man".

Because surely in the majority of cases for us, and family allegiances being passed down the generations, the old man in question would not have suggested being a wednesday fan...

For my case for example:

"My old man,
Said "be a United fan'",
I said "ok I will, but i feel you may be setting me up for a lifetime of unfulfilled hope, but at least you didn't say wednesday fan in which case you'd be a cunt"

Bit less catchy.

I've never been sure about "my old man".

Because surely in the majority of cases for us, and family allegiances being passed down the generations, the old man in question would not have suggested being a wednesday fan...

For my case for example:

"My old man,
Said "be a United fan'",
I said "ok I will, but i feel you may be setting me up for a lifetime of unfulfilled hope, but at least you didn't say wednesday fan in which case you'd be a cunt"

Bit less catchy.

My old man in particular had to overcome his dad being a cockney who supported Millwall and his mum's side of the family all being Wednesdayites, on top of being brought up on Parson Cross.

I'm bloody glad he chose United against those odds.

Weren't their a song like "sing something simple you simple twats" or have I made that up if it was a song definitely that is my favourite 😂
Yes. This was usually a response to the opposition fans singing and would go: "Sing something simple, you simple TWATS" to the tune of the Radio 2 Sunday afternoon easy listening programme signature tune. In later years an even higher level of sophistication was achieved by fans repeatedly shouting "TWATS!" for a couple of minutes after the chant had finished.

My old man in particular had to overcome his dad being a cockney who supported Millwall and his mum's side of the family all being Wednesdayites, on top of being brought up on Parson Cross.

I'm bloody glad he chose United against those odds.
My old man was a Man City fan who worked for Wolves. I was the youngest of 6 boys, all Pigs (except for the one who tracked us down 8 years ago - he doesn’t like football).

I wanted to go my own way, it was the Blades for me from the very beginning.

Not one of ours, but when I’m working in Scotland I love going to watch Partick Thistle when I can and they have some belters.

My favourite is very politically incorrect indeed , “Mary fae Maryhill”, also known as “I Knew a Lassie” 😂

Bryan Robson is a Wanker!
Remember that classic being blasted out at Coventry away and we won that one. We were in the corner where the tunnel was from memory

The one about David Pleat cheering up after being arrested for kerb crawling springs to mind.

Oh, and the one about Ron Atkinson's aversion to salad.

I liked the taunts of 'Gypo! Gypo! Gypo!' and 'Where's your caravan, where's your caravan?' to any opposition player sporting long hair. Even when I had long hair myself, I joined in with gusto. I suppose the long haired me would be expected to be offended by such good natured ribbing in today's sanitised world.
Or where's ya barber gone 💈😂

My nephew likes to break out into 'We are Family' by Sister Sledge whenever the crowd starts a rendition of 'We are Bladesmen'.

Cool story bro.

Aye aye aye aye
Hodgy is better than Yashin
Mick Jones is better than Eusebio
And Wendy are in for a thrashin'

Wendy Wendy the coopers are after you
Wendy Wendy I'll tell you what they'll do
They'll tie you up with wire
Inside a Black Maria
So ring your bell and pedal like hell on a bicycle made for
2 4 6 8
Who do we appreciate?
U N I T E D
UNITED!

Wendy's on the Western Front
Parley-vous

Parley-vous

Gimme a gun I'll shoot the c*nts

Inky pinky parlez-vous

God I feel mi age now 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
We love go a wandering Also green green grass of Yorkshire are the 1 that stick in my mind younger one will not know them

Bryan Robson is a Wanker!
Remember that classic being blasted out at Coventry away and we won that one. We were in the corner where the tunnel was from memory
The chorus of "United hate fucking Robson" from 3 sides of the ground in one of his last home matches was one of the loudest chants I've ever heard at the Lane.

I used to love going into The Cricketers arms after a game for a shit pint and a sing song.
They always put a CD on of classic old (and very politically incorrect) songs on. Was it recorded by Ronnie Sharpe?
There always used to be a great atmosphere in there but sadly hardly anyone goes in these days.

Aye aye aye aye

Inside a Black Maria
2 4 6 8
Who do we appreciate?
U N I T E D
UNITED!

Parley-vous

Parley-vous

Inky pinky parlez-vous

Never heard these sung- were they sung often?

I took my 6 year old to Everton, her second game (she’s not really into it yet but starting her early).

After the GCB she turns to me and says “I like that song!”, then asked me the lyrics.

All the walk home she was seeing fellow Blades and saying “Greasy chip Butty” and “Good pinch of snuff!” to anyone who’d listen.

This is what being a Blade to me is all about, I went to the games as a kid with my dad and granddad, and now I take mine.

Anyway, enough with the eye watering bollocks, what’s your favourite Blades song / chant?

GCB all day for me.
My 5yr old was also taken by it at Palace.

Luckily he was content just to be taught the nanananana ooooh. Could have spent the first half explaining the lyrics otherwise.

Anyhoo, my favourites are probably just the classics. We are Bladesmen and We Love United We Do.... Those two are hard to beat.

Did enjoy our brief foray into "Que Sera, we're going to Napoli", pre 2020.

Aye aye aye aye

Inside a Black Maria
2 4 6 8
Who do we appreciate?
U N I T E D
UNITED!

Parley-vous

Parley-vous

Inky pinky parlez-vous

Not forgetting Derek Dooley’s wooden leg is floating down the Don.

We’ve travelled far and wide
London to Merseyside
But there is only one place
We want to be
And that is Shoreham Street
Where it is magnifique
And where Wednesdayites lay dead at our feet

That one beats them all. Proper retro. We’ll be singing that at Bayern Munich in 2025 … you watch 👍

As a kid I was absolutely amazed seeing the H-Block pointing at the away fans chanting "You're going to get your fucking heads kicked in".

Now I'm not a little shithouse I like we are Bladesmen, that chokes me up as much as a rendition of GCB.

Back
Top Bottom