Goodbye, Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Posts above have covered what he didn’t do which is basics with tracking back. Not sure how reliable a google search is on his wages but apparently on £35,000 per week for Premiership and £27,000 a week in the Championship. Contract up end of next season so presuming we will be in the championship then his wage bill between now and then would be circa £2.3million. I don’t mean this respectfully as i don’t think he hasn’t offered us anything but I would happily accept £2.5-3million just to overload him from the wage bill tomorrow!
https://m.aiscore.com/salary/player-rhian-brewster-edq09i8wrofmqxg
You might accept it, but who would pay it?

Fine him a weeks wages for every game he misses due to the card. Until his contract is up, we are obliged to pay him.

If I had months / weeks off work still getting paid for doing f*ck all I'd power my body up. He's a money grabber , lives on signing on fee .
Get rid

This assumption that we can use him to sweeten a deal is nonsense I’m afraid. His value is negative to us, why would Coventry want to take on a % of Brewster’s wages on this season for him to clog up their treatment room and not contribute when he’s on the pitch?

Just a shame we’ve got him for another year. By this time next year people might have accepted that he’ll never ‘come good’.
Agree, no one will take him on his wages. His expectations are going to have to come down to Earth with a bump re earnings. That said it can’t be that hard as a young multi millionaire to accept you don’t have a future in top flight footy. Can see him becoming another Mousett et Al

Agree, no one will take him on his wages. His expectations are going to have to come down to Earth with a bump re earnings. That said it can’t be that hard as a young multi millionaire to accept you don’t have a future in top flight footy. Can see him becoming another Mousett et Al
Totally agreed, could even see his agent try to get him one last payday in Saudi in a few years after he has run out of options in the UK. If Wrexham haven’t signed him on a free when his contract is up. Realistically though depending on what spotlight and what you want to achieve if you are being paid £27-35k a week (no point putting add ons as that’s not happening) for ultimately being an injured player. He must be laughing. If he has his head screwed on financially he will be mortgage free with investments that when his contract expires in 2025 he could retire if he wanted too. Not saying I agree with it but ultimately that is what will happen

I’m definitely in the minority but i think he’s a good squad player. He does have good hold up play and a good shot on him but i do get everyone else’s frustrations with him. He hasn’t helped himself today but i do think he has good attributes.
One expensive squad player 🤣

Was that Mousett’s full French name ?

Blades work every hour to afford yo pay our bills and then attend the lane .
This dickhead has sponged off sheffield united ...
Let him go , fuk him off.
Whittiker at Plymouth sure looks a better bet

Can’t argue with that, we’ve paid for him now so got to try and get the most out if him. I can’t see anyone offering us money for him either.
Personally i'd try and get a loan or whatever fee we can before end of window ideally, other than that let his contract run.

Remind me, who bought Brewster?
Clough signed players at forest for a million pound then sold then a week later due to attitude.
Brewster has given the blades nothing.
Time to say goodbye and bring in a player with commitment

i think a lot of the anger and frustration aimed at Brewster is most probably due to the majority of us wanting him he came with high expectations and most of us are still waiting / wanting him to come good. Its not going to happen. I wanted him i felt he could and would be the striker we needed. sometimes its harder for us all to accept we were wrong. Id rather Osula and Jebbo start over Brewster. This is one that simply is not going to work. Lovely lad so it seems but either injured or not scoring goals. Definitely not a player to get you off your seat.

Clough signed players at forest for a million pound then sold then a week later due to attitude.
Brewster has given the blades nothing.
Time to say goodbye and bring in a player with commitment
Thinking the same, Clough would have bent his ear before now, told him to " take that fucking stupid hat off lad, your supposed to be a footballer, not Norman fucking Wisdom!" And get your fucking hair cut", mind you Clough would've never signed him in the first place tbh, let a lone at that price!

I’m not angry about the tackle at all, I’m glad he did it and that he’s banned for 3 games.

I’m angry about the fact that he’s been a drain on resources and has been relentlessly terrible for the last 3 years.
Can’t say I am angry but not to sound like a parent just very disappointed. With all the analysts and stats and coverage etc yet he had time to think and then just flies in. Even mid table sides like Fulham or Palace press from the front. It’s disappointing to see him so far out of position and lazy. You wouldn’t mind if he had never scored but worked his bollocks off every time he was on the pitch had a go and setup a few but he makes McBurnie look like a top end striker.

If I were United I'd negotiate to pay him off now to be Frank.
Frank-Brewster.jpg

"Oooooh, Betty..... Rhian's just done a whoopsie on one of the West Ham defenders."

I’m in the ship him out camp, don’t see a player in him like some do, surely we could loan him out to relieve a bit of the burden, this would be an admission that he was a poor purchase but its not like that’s a secret.

todays tackle wasnt malicious ? is asaba having a laugh did he not watch the replay of it the only suprise for me was that the ref didnt give him an automatic red card get this guy out of our club and quick
Carl might be saying he's trying to impress the fans but sadly he's not very bright at doing it. I've tried to give him chances after injuries which ain't his fault but sadly I lost it sunday after that tackle! And shouted for him to fuck off! I regret that outburst which was brought on by frustration at his attempted comebacks maybe he feels the same sadly. How many chances do we give him before both the club & player call it a day its been a very expensive exercise sadly 😪

hes had bad luck with injuries but hes also had loads of chances as well its just not going to happen here for him get him out and if its at all possible bring ben brererton-diaz in

Pound for pound, surely our worst ever signing?

John Ebbrell usually sets the bar for these things (through no fault of his own).

John Ebbrell cost £1.2m per goal/assist.
Rhian Brewster has cost £3.8m per goal/assist.

So yes - we have a new benchmark.

Busted flush.

My understanding is that a busted flush is something that was very close to being excellent, but was let down by just one thing. "I've got a spade... ooh, two spades... and another... four spades, I'm gonna win this, I'm going to be rich! Ah, bollocks, a diamond."

Not wanting to be harsh but from an investment point of view, Brewster has been a two of clubs and then all the other cards fell on the floor.

If I had months / weeks off work still getting paid for doing f*ck all I'd power my body up. He's a money grabber , lives on signing on fee .
Get rid

If you signed a contract and then got injured, you’d expect to be paid in line with that contract. Wilder would have bombed him out if he was dialing it in.

All this “money grabber” stuff is utter nonsense - every single one of us would enforce the teams of their employment contract in his shoes, particularly in a short career like football.

Back
Top Bottom