Goodbye, Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I love these posts saying 'SELL BREWSTER THIS JANUARY', as if there would be a queue of clubs waiting to take him off our hands.

He will run down his contract with us, sadly.

Every single poster in this thread would do exactly the same thing if it came down to it. No one is walking away from that amount of money.

Well that’s very generous of you but my take is that his ego is so big that he wants out of this season and plans to look good in the Championship in the hope of conning some other mug PL team to buy him. He absolutely knew he was getting a red for that challenge.
Get him loaned out to Torquay and let him learn some humbleness.
My take is that you’re misguided and the fucking lowest of the low human being to kick someone when they’re down.

In the heat of the moment and blood and thunder of battle, I’m not so sure. He’s never seemed a malicious player.
He’s not malicious, he’s just crap and he bounds around like a demented Labrador, he’s just gone one further today and jumped in two footed trying to actually touch the football.

Unfortunately the only way he was likely to touch it today was by doing this. So close yet so far for him.

I don’t get why people defend him apart from the fact he plays football for Sheffield United, he’s clearly not good enough so it can only be Bladey delusion to try and convince yourself otherwise.

My take is that you’re misguided and the fucking lowest of the low human being to kick someone when they’re down.
He's only down because of his own stupidity, nobody would be kicking him if he put in any kind of meaningful effort, but he did absolutley nothing before sprinting faster than he ever has before (without tearing a hamstring) to deliberately get sent off.

I sincerely hope Rhian Brewster doesn’t read some of the comments on this forum. Yes, he made a poor error of judgement today, and even he would concede his United career has been bitterly disappointing so far.

But he’s a young lad and seems popular amongst the club. I do believe he cares, too, despite being on the periphery of the squad for long periods.

He may earn a fortune, but you get what you negotiate, and he was a highly sought after young striker with seemingly the world at his feet. On Liverpool’s books and playing for England U21s. I don’t think anyone could have imagined how quickly he’d fall from grace when signing for us.

Mentally, it must have taken a toll on the lad, the misfortune of his longterm injuries and trying to battle back to full fitness. He’ll be gutted over what happened today and it will hurt him more than it hurts us.

If anything sinister happened to Rhian, I wonder how we’d feel? It’s not always about the money - he just wants to do well and achieve what he thinks he’s capable of.

He needs a break desperately, and although we’re all frustrated after today, I think he needs our support too. Life must be pretty shitty for him right now, and many of us have felt low at some point.
Young lad? He's 23 ffs. That's just less than a year younger than Brereton-Diaz.

He's only down because of his own stupidity, nobody would be kicking him if he put in any kind of meaningful effort, but he did absolutley nothing before sprinting faster than he ever has before (without tearing a hamstring) to deliberately get sent off.
Why would he deliberately get sent off?

He's never been good enough, Liverpool must laugh their bollocks off that we paid 23 million.

Get shut.

Just demonstrates how clueless most of our fans (not you) are.
I even remember some saying "pay him whatever salary he wants" and "stop messing about, just give Liverpool the £25 million asking price". Keep thinking about going back into the forum history, naming a shaming a few.....for a laugh.

Several of our fans predicted we were never going to buy Brewster because we lack ambition.
He was rated as one of the best English young talents in the game with a big future.

The problem now is his stock is incredibly low, it can only improve and can't get any lower. It's like playing the stock market...from a business point of view.....it would be stupid to sell him when his value is at rock bottom.

No one will offer money for him...the most realistic option is to let him leave on a free and free up his wages.
However if he plays well at the other club....you can bet the same fans saying get rid
would be saying.....how stupid we were to let him leave on a free....sack the owner etc etc.

I do agree....he's a contender for being one of our worse signings in decades.
However as we know football is a funny game....you can just imagine it.
In the final few months of his contract he suddenly finds some form and looks a top player.
Just in time for new salary negotiations.

Just demonstrates how clueless most of our fans (not you) are.
I even remember some saying "pay him whatever salary he wants" and "stop messing about, just give Liverpool the £25 million asking price". Keep thinking about going back into the forum history, naming a shaming a few.....for a laugh.

Several of our fans predicted we were never going to buy Brewster because we lack ambition.
He was rated as one of the best English young talents in the game with a big future.

The problem now is his stock is incredibly low, it can only improve and can't get any lower. It's like playing the stock market...from a business point of view.....it would be stupid to sell him when his value is at rock bottom.

No one will offer money for him...the most realistic option is to let him leave on a free and free up his wages.
However if he plays well at the other club....you can bet the same fans saying get rid
would be saying.....how stupid we were to let him leave on a free....sack the owner etc etc.

However as we know football is a funny game....you can just imagine it.
In the final few months of his contract he suddenly finds some form and looks a top player.
Just in time for new salary negotiations.
Agreed. Best move for him now would be loaned to a team that actually benefits from his services to a point where they decide to sign him after the loan spell, of which you'd like them to cover a good part of his wages for. I had high hopes for him, but I cannot see a future for him with Sheffield United.

I’m definitely in the minority but i think he’s a good squad player. He does have good hold up play and a good shot on him but i do get everyone else’s frustrations with him. He hasn’t helped himself today but i do think he has good attributes.
Sorry, but he offers nothing at all. He came on at a point of the game when we had to gamble and create/make chances. He just stood on the halfway line and watched the game pass him bye. No spins and runs into space, no diagonal runs, didn’t show and look for a pass into his feet. Absolutely fuck all. He looked like a fan that had won a competition to make a 10 minute cameo with his football team. And just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse he kung fu kicks one of their players and gets sent off. How long do continue to think “He’s gonna come good soon”🙈

Seriously think we need to convert him into a midfielder like Newcastle did with Joel Linton. Like him he is a laughing stock when trying to be a striker.
At least we know from today that he can stick the boot in when needed!
He's like a less hard working version of Andy Liddell (who also had a hard shot on him).

Brewster surely has to be our worst ever signing, especially considering the £23.5m transfer fee and enormous wages. Even in the Championship on the rare stints that he wasn’t injured, he showed nothing. Zilch. He doesn’t even have pace or compensate for his lack of pace with positional awareness. He is sadly, cack. Get rid.

Every single poster in this thread would do exactly the same thing if it came down to it. No one is walking away from that amount of money.
I didn't say if it was right or wrong. I'm saying that's what's going to happen because clearly nobody is going to take him off our hands.

We are where we are with Rhian.

If tend to think at 23, if he was coming out of the academy with none of the baggage, we'd be more positive.

I used to think I hated Craig Beattie.....

Cheers Rhian, live well on all the money you drain.

All yhat time injured, then does that!, seems ro like clowning around with his baseball cap on and having a good time than concentrating on his game, like a previous poster said, klopp must be laughing his bollocks off that Wilder payed nearly double he wanted to on him, another waste of money

Probably cost £2m minimum to subsidise moving him on now. I reckon he'll leave quietly next January

I love these posts saying 'SELL BREWSTER THIS JANUARY', as if there would be a queue of clubs waiting to take him off our hands.

If there are people within SUFC valuing Brewster at the same value as certain people in this thread are valuing him, then yes, there would be a queue of clubs waiting to take him off our hands. I get some people love hyperbole but when I see some people say "what's he worth? About half what Stockport paid for Ian fucking Moore a quarter of a century ago" then I just sigh

Down? I thought the defence during all ghat time was that he was such a positive influence on the squad. So, we've waited sodding months for him to be fit and make a contribution on the pitch. 5 mins in, he launches into a tackle two footed and off his feet so, guaranteed a red card - he clearly doesn’t give a toss about anyone but himself or he wouldn’t behave so stupidly.

Since I started watching the Blades in 1990 my order is:

1) Brewster (due to cost and persistent shitness over a sustained period of time)
2) Ebbrell, obvious really
3) Lee Baxter, again obvious

Down? I thought the defence during all ghat time was that he was such a positive influence on the squad. So, we've waited sodding months for him to be fit and make a contribution on the pitch. 5 mins in, he launches into a tackle two footed and off his feet so, guaranteed a red card - he clearly doesn’t give a toss about anyone but himself or he wouldn’t behave so stupidly.
He only cares about himself so deliberately gets himself sent off? I’ll have what you’re supping, Einstein.

Just to get Brewster off the wage bill would be good business. £35,000 per week isn’t it or thereabouts? Offer him out to a Championship club that would pay half hi wages would be a start

Back
Top Bottom