Give Tom Davies the captaincy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Another Brewster obvious fitness as with a few others if that’s the calibre of players we have to tolerate we deserve to be relegated.

Thread stopper, this is why we shouldn’t even consider inviting him near the ground, we can always say it was a vindictive act by Hecky when he found out he was for the chop.

Any guy who nicks his dads dressing gown, pyjamas and his sisters 60’s retro shoes to go out in shunt be allowed near any Yorkshire club full of blokes.

IMG_0777.jpeg

Thread stopper, this is why we shouldn’t even consider inviting him near the ground, we can always say it was a vindictive act by Hecky when he found out he was for the chop.

Any guy who nicks his dads dressing gown, pyjamas and his sisters 60’s retro shoes to go out in shunt be allowed near any Yorkshire club full of blokes.

View attachment 178980
A few on here would wear his shoes on a night out for sure.

Has anyone got a clip of his first few touches after he came on as sub against Villa?
I honestly thought he looked like someone who’d won a competition to get to play in a premier league game.
I must have missed something he did in the following 20 minutes (and I did stay to the end) because a few people on here have said they thought he looked decent in that game - enough people for me to think I MUST have missed something because I’d come away thinking he’d definitely never get picked for us again, and if he couldn’t even get in this side, would the man ever play football again???
I mean, I was hardly focusing with maximum interest by that point in the match, but I really must have missed something …

Has anyone got a clip of his first few touches after he came on as sub against Villa?
I honestly thought he looked like someone who’d won a competition to get to play in a premier league game.
I must have missed something he did in the following 20 minutes (and I did stay to the end) because a few people on here have said they thought he looked decent in that game - enough people for me to think I MUST have missed something because I’d come away thinking he’d definitely never get picked for us again, and if he couldn’t even get in this side, would the man ever play football again???
I mean, I was hardly focusing with maximum interest by that point in the match, but I really must have missed something …

I think he wanted the ball and was progressive with it, execution wasn't great but then again you can forgive that with him being out for so long.

Think your view is a bit extreme. In the context of our midfield especially. Ever play football again?! Come on.

Last edited:

Just commented that the view from Luton was the biggest load of shite I've ever read but here I am within an hour having to withdraw that statement and award a new winner

Davies and DCL wore some tragic outfits. He said in an interview he’s not as flamboyant these days and is focused on his career more.

Davies is 100% one of the good guys in football. We should all embrace that.

Personally i really like the kid and his values, I hope he smashes it. I hope he can stay fit for a long period now and become a good player for us.

To early to give Davies the arm band, it should be George's, or Mcburnies, someone with heart and pashun!!

To early to give Davies the arm band, it should be George's, or Mcburnies, someone with heart and pashun!!
George for me is is far too much of a hot head for it. Too wild and unable to control his emotions. Also not the most gifted of players.

So in many ways doesn’t set a great example. I think robbo has the qualities you mentioned in a more controlled way. Ideally it would be a midfielder though.

George for me is is far too much of a hot head for it. Too wild and unable to control his emotions. Also not the most gifted of players.

So in many ways doesn’t set a great example. I think robbo has the qualities you mentioned in a more controlled way. Ideally it would be a midfielder though.
Unfortunately, until Brooks or Arblaster have had a few more seasons, were pretty fucked for a midfielder in my eyes.
Davies has played about 60mins, not anywhere near a captain for the club.
Norwood would be th closest realistic contender, but he doesn't play much now.
Souza/Slimane/Osborn/Bogle, nope.
Robbo as you say, but he's to quiet, Egan isn't strong enough vocally eather, Anel....he can fuck off!, RND?? Hes one our own, doesnt shirk a tackle, gets stuck in, but injuries are an issue.
Grbic.....no.
Leaves Mcburnie, Osula............???????

Unfortunately, until Brooks or Arblaster have had a few more seasons, were pretty fucked for a midfielder in my eyes.
Davies has played about 60mins, not anywhere near a captain for the club.
Norwood would be th closest realistic contender, but he doesn't play much now.
Souza/Slimane/Osborn/Bogle, nope.
Robbo as you say, but he's to quiet, Egan isn't strong enough vocally eather, Anel....he can fuck off!, RND?? Hes one our own, doesnt shirk a tackle, gets stuck in, but injuries are an issue.
Grbic.....no.
Leaves Mcburnie, Osula............???????
We basically don’t have an obvious captain. Souza, positionally would be ideal. But he needs to up that quality and be more vocally but in a less moany way. Same with norwood but his game time is limited now.

Brewster is the only true capita
And make him a permanent fixture in midfield.

Give me a good reason why not 🤷‍♂️
Because we have brewster

Brewster encapsulates everything that is sheffield united, talented at.... stuff, quite fat verging on chubby, shit at football, millionaire, shit at football, unfit, fat, likes pizza, likes curry, shit at football, Wilder signing so starts above archer, shit at football, millionaire, shit at football, have I forgot anything?

Brewster is the only true capita

Because we have brewster

Brewster encapsulates everything that is sheffield united, talented at.... stuff, quite fat verging on chubby, shit at football, millionaire, shit at football, unfit, fat, likes pizza, likes curry, shit at football, Wilder signing so starts above archer, shit at football, millionaire, shit at football, have I forgot anything?
Shit at staying fit?

Think there's a good player there but just needs a run of games, even if it is coming off the bench and playing 20 30 mins each game would be good for him at the moment and would help him get up to speed.

As for next season, he ought to be a useful player to have in the championship.

Back
Top Bottom