Give Tom Davies the captaincy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He is lacking match sharpness but he got himself about. Lacked composure at times.

Thought his positioning was excellent today, never seemed panicked or scrambling to cover space. The whole midfield seemed more composed as a result. Souza especially, along with Macca and Ozzy, they all looked good even when we had long spells without the ball. As for the centre-halves…brilliant blocks and headers all game!

Think he’s a long way off finished article. But good for him that soon it’s going to be more training sessions on a Saturday at 3pm when we have nothing to play for.

Very interested to see how he gets on for us especially in the Chanpionship.

Thread stopper, this is why we shouldn’t even consider inviting him near the ground, we can always say it was a vindictive act by Hecky when he found out he was for the chop.

Any guy who nicks his dads dressing gown, pyjamas and his sisters 60’s retro shoes to go out in shunt be allowed near any Yorkshire club full of blokes.

View attachment 178980
He was the Prince's choice.

Has anyone got a clip of his first few touches after he came on as sub against Villa?
I honestly thought he looked like someone who’d won a competition to get to play in a premier league game.
I must have missed something he did in the following 20 minutes (and I did stay to the end) because a few people on here have said they thought he looked decent in that game - enough people for me to think I MUST have missed something because I’d come away thinking he’d definitely never get picked for us again, and if he couldn’t even get in this side, would the man ever play football again???
I mean, I was hardly focusing with maximum interest by that point in the match, but I really must have missed something …
The only accurate part of this post is the last paragraph.
On the OP not in the running for captain this or next season.

Amongst the plane crash wreckage of the Villa game, I thought he was ok when he came on.

If, and unfortunately with his history it’s a big if, he can stay fit we have a decent player with something to offer.

Not captain material though imho

The captaincy for me should be with Robbo
The issue is we signed a player for £5m to replace Robbo. It hasn’t worked but what do we do with Trusty?

It’s not a dig just it’s a difficult one as we have to work with him as I don’t see Trusty as a LWB. He’s okay at LB.

Thread stopper, this is why we shouldn’t even consider inviting him near the ground, we can always say it was a vindictive act by Hecky when he found out he was for the chop.

Any guy who nicks his dads dressing gown, pyjamas and his sisters 60’s retro shoes to go out in shunt be allowed near any Yorkshire club full of blokes.

View attachment 178980
Good grief! Does he get dressed in the dark?

He did well in what he was asked to do in that area of the pitch. I want to see more evidence of mobility though

Why not Vini for captain? Showed a lot of passion yesterday and seemed a man on a mission to win 3 points. Growing into a Blades legend.

Back
Top Bottom