CONFIRMED Gary Madine signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What is your favourite Madine thread?

• Total voters
'm as enthusiastic about this as I am about the Dog Turd I found in my front garden the other day, and reacted in the same way. Effed and jeffed, tutted and shut the front door again, fuck it.

Is it still there? If so can I nip round and pick it up?

On an entirely different subject I've decided to put my initial hatred to one side and welcome Madine. To show no hard feelings, I plan to send him a 'special welcome' parcel.

Is it still there? If so can I nip round and pick it up?

On an entirely different subject I've decided to put my initial hatred to one side and welcome Madine. To show no hard feelings, I plan to send him a 'special welcome' parcel.

I can help with that if you like, I need to empty the Cat's litter tray when I get home ;)

Absolutely. I don't care who anyone supported or what the provocation was, he shouldn't have hit anyone and the courts clearly felt the same. I would hope he also acknowledges that and doesn't do it again, especially whilst signed for us!

Agree but he has served his punishment.

Agree but he has served his punishment.
Yes, I know, and I would normally accept that. Although I don't agree with the usual "clean slate" and "paid his debt to society" nonsense, I do think people should be given the chance to turn their lives around. However, in this case, he's offended multiple times and there's personal experience from several on here from his time in Sheffield which points to someone with a bad character. He might have finally turned himself around, of course, but if so he's taken his time to do it.

And that utd fan was probably giving him some right shit, saying he was punched for saying he supported Blades!! Come on....fuck sake. The victim gave a statement and everyone just believes it. We are all cunts at times, he probably deserved a bang.

Were you actually there?

I'd rather base my opinion on the evidence presented in a court of law.

“He is the best they could get this month, there is no doubt about that. I have done them a big favour if I am honest.”

Good old Neil. Setting himself up for some credit from the outset!

But Colin is right. When United played Norwich earlier this season, he said that Rhodes is earning 3x what anyone at the Lane is earning. So that puts a ceiling of £14kpw for any signings. Now, bearing in mind that Madine is on £30kpw at Cardiff, Colin must be helping out.

I wanted a creator, someone who can win games when the team's playing badly. But with United's wage structure it's very difficult. A Championship club wouldn't loan such a player to the Blades, so you're searching for a creative player at a PL club who's out of favour, and one whose wages, or a greater part of them, the loaning club is prepared to pay. It's not easy.

This is the option to break down deep and narrow defensive teams ala Hanson.

Wilder: "He gives us a physicality at the top of the pitch....possibly, from a tactical point of view, it gives us something different and we're looking at that in the second part of the season: that teams might sit in towards the back of this campaign, so we might need something a little bit different".
... "he's physical ,technically very good, and hopefully he can get on the end of some of the crosses we're putting in".

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2019/january/wilder-on-madine/

Had he been on the bench for the derby earlier this season he’d have absolutely been the type to bring on and try and alter what had been a hugely frustrating 2nd half, based on the alternative options.

Well now we have gotten to the other side of a bad weekend for the Blades all in all I can end my self imposed ban on posting about Madine. I will be honest & say that I stand close to the views of posters like Kossy & Sparky, & don't like my club being associated with characters like him from a moral standpoint. Felt the same about Jones & King as well, amongst others, but he has signed so he is our player now, so with reservations I will support him along with the rest of the squad & hope that he keeps us in the headlines for all the right reasons & at the end of the season he will have proven to be a masterstroke by CW. It wouldn't be CW's first after all would it?

Had he been on the bench for the derby earlier this season he’d have absolutely been the type to bring on and try and alter what had been a hugely frustrating 2nd half, based on the alternative options.

Possibly, but it's a Forestieri-type player which breaks the deadlock. That's why I wanted a creator.

But Colin is right. When United played Norwich earlier this season, he said that Rhodes is earning 3x what anyone at the Lane is earning. So that puts a ceiling of £14kpw for any signings. Now, bearing in mind that Madine is on £30kpw at Cardiff, Colin must be helping out.

I wanted a creator, someone who can win games when the team's playing badly. But with United's wage structure it's very difficult. A Championship club wouldn't loan such a player to the Blades, so you're searching for a creative player at a PL club who's out of favour, and one whose wages, or a greater part of them, the loaning club is prepared to pay. It's not easy.

Warnocks saving money on apperance stage payments as well as any goals scored, he'll use this money for another stricker.

Bet Cardiff haven't paid out much more than £1/1.5M in fees and may be saving upto 50% of his wages now.

Bolton admin has surfaced again.

Finally listened to the interviews about it and 2 more coming in apparently, I can see Johnson getting handed a bindle with a couple of sandwiches in and a commemorative photo of the Lane from the club shop and being told to bugger off back to Boro, so Dowell, Madine, and for me a LWB and maybe some competition for Fleck?

Not very often he doesn't

FF under Wilder's guidance would be a different kettle of fish to how he's performed this season under Jos. In any case, he was just an example. But GM will give United different options, as Wilder says, so the team should be stronger. I don't like him, but he's there to score goals.

Madine !!! Well, we needed a player with his attributes on the pitch, but not off it. His last visit here showed him to be a surprisingly good technical player, and we all know how much of a handful he can be in the box. I don`t expect him to bang too many goals in, but hope he can provide openings for others, and be a game changer on occasions. So for me, for now, the jury`s out, and we shall see.

Well almost everyone I’ve spoke to have said they think he’s not very good at football or scores enough goals.
A point I've made elsewhere - this signing says a lot about our ability to compete at the level we’re at - financially we can’t and we need new ownsership.

Given where we’re at, it becomes a different consideration. I think most would accept he isn’t a prolific goal scorer. I think anyone who witnessed him completely bossing us for Bolton would have to (objectively*) accept that he’s got something different to offer.

*thats in short supply, given his off field persona.

He can't though, as his stats show .

Which means that , not only have we signed a bounder and a charlatan ( paying close attention to Foxy's latest edict ) we've signed one who is shit at the art of goal scoring .

On the plus side , erm .............. I don't see any . I hope I'm wrong but I can see this coming back to bite CW on the arse very badly .
James Beattie second spell, revisited .
Without a doubt.

Football fans are fickle indeed.
It will take a lot more than a stage managed club interview where he says all the right things to win me round. What will be interesting will be the weekends when he hits the clubs in Sheffield out on the piss, you see bullies and hard men attract the same. There is always some wannabe hard man that wants to see how good he is or a hard man that wants everyone to know he is number one Madine will attract them like flies round shit his sort always do. For those saying he is a reformed character don't forget his last brush with the law after a pub brawl was around 14 months ago not when he was 21 lucky for him he wasn't charged. Not saying he did anything wrong that time but it is an example of how he will attract people wanting to have a pop.
Wilder, this is probably one of the biggest gambles of his career the consequences of this fucking our season up don't bear thinking about. I grudgingly have to say both have got some bollocks but like Kozzy above I can't bring myself to cheer Madine like I would Billy. I don't rate Madine as owt special other than a big target man, despite most on here trying the S6 Deludamol his goal scoring record is pretty fucking dismal to be fair his best being 18 in the pigs league one promotion season, he has never ever been a 20 goal in a season man at any level. At championship level his best is 10 so we best hope Wilder and Knill can help him improve to something more than just physical nuisance value. This reminds me of the time we started relying on Darius Henderson, that turned out well didn't it.
Couldnt have put it better mi sen

Back
Top Bottom