CONFIRMED Gary Madine signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What is your favourite Madine thread?

• Total voters
Wow, you registered yesterday to regurgitate this old shit. Well done.

Unless he is computer illiterate Viper2 is clearly not a Blade.
37 years old and never registered a single post on Sheff Utds main forum during our best spell of entertaining football in recent memory, I predict we won’t be hearing much from Viper2 over the next few weeks especially when we’ve won and played well.

"few scraps"? He's been sent down for it, so the court at least believed it and probably didn't think the victim deserved it, like you do. You may think it's a perfectly normal thing to go around smashing people's heads in, a lot of us seem to think that's unacceptable.

A little GBH never hurt anyone. It is perfectly normal to rearrange someones face. :rolleyes:

He can't though, as his stats show .

Which means that , not only have we signed a bounder and a charlatan ( paying close attention to Foxy's latest edict ) we've signed one who is shit at the art of goal scoring .

On the plus side , erm .............. I don't see any . I hope I'm wrong but I can see this coming back to bite CW on the arse very badly .

Think something has already done something to his arse, might not be biting though...

_20190108_001603.JPG

Wasn't looking forward to seeing the reaction after this was finally announced. Took their time which doesn't shock many. Understand why he has been brought in however will have to wait and see if this works out.

Overeaction on the whole Sharp thing though. I called Sharp a cunt when he scored past us when he played for Donny at the lane and celebrated with their fans. Still love the man to bits

the hypocrisy of some people on social media is astounding when you've got an ex-hooligan moaning about the fact he smacked a kid ( makes no difference what he supports) we really are in a strange world.

some of the biggest bullying gets ive met have been "blades"

Weirdo!

Are you purposely trying to piss us off to divide us further?

Fuck You United - not worthy of our support! You’ve just stupidly made a rod for your own back.

Wilder, you are a total hypocrite. All this talk of vetting players to make sure that they have a sound character. You’ve ripped up your own principles showing that it was all talk in the first place!

Fucking booooooooooo from the first whistle to the last!
Your loss

These players are mercenaries. They play for whomsoever pays their wages. Madine has no allegiance to Wednesday or United. It's a job of work. He wouldn't have been the type of player I think the club needs, but Wilder clearly has limited options financially. Buying a striker is out of the question, and Colin/Cardiff must be helping with the wages as he's on £30 kpw. Like I said in the summer, the wages are linked to the value, which is why the transfer ceiling was £4 mil.

“He is the best they could get this month, there is no doubt about that. I have done them a big favour if I am honest.”

Good old Neil. Setting himself up for some credit from the outset!

He's a proper potato

If you like this comment please download the acme swear filter, only on appstore and Google play

“Gary is something different to what Sheffield United have already got,” the 70-year-old Cardiff manager last night told The Yorkshire Post.

“He is ideal for the Championship. For me, we would not have been promoted without him last season.

“He won us six or seven points just by how he played up front. One game at Millwall stands out as he took a real battering, but kept going and helped us get a big point. We definitely would not have got that draw without him.

“There were a few games like that and, in the end, they all added up. Those six or seven points proved the difference in us winning automatic promotion or having to settle for the play-offs.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spo...gning-gary-madine-says-neil-warnock-1-9524904

I’d dispute that number - away from social media nobody I know feels strongly about this signing, and most accept he’ll have something different to offer.
Well almost everyone I’ve spoke to have said they think he’s not very good at football or scores enough goals.

Well, it's done, very surprised, not from a footballing aspect but everything else that goes with it. As Tufty is saying, 'trust him' on the character front, let's just get on with it now. Of course his past is there for all to see and to be fair, as Tufty also said, it takes bottle from Madine personally to put himself in this position which, in a weird way, is a good sign. The ball's well and truly in his court and one thing's for sure, he won't be lacking in desire to prove himself which can only be a good thing.

And, the winner at Swillsboro is nailed on now..................

I believe that Madine will provide another option for the team, and for footballing reasons alone this will hopefully be a good signing.

We need a plan B, and a different way to play at times. There is also the thought that some opponents will have worked us out second time round.

Gary Madine is no different to a lot of footballers, he is a terrible role model with an unsavoury and bad chequered past. There have been others.

Yes, I would have preferred a clean cut young fella for sure, but I am not looking at this with a view to inviting him round for Sunday lunch and to meet my daughter.

I have a feeling Madine will be desperate to silence the boo boys and this will make him hungry to do well.

I hope I am right.

HH

Which means that , not only have we signed a bounder and a charlatan ( paying close attention to Foxy's latest edict ) we've signed one who is shit at the art of goal scoring .

On the plus side , erm .............. I don't see any . I hope I'm wrong but I can see this coming back to bite CW on the arse very badly .

You cad you!

“Gary is something different to what Sheffield United have already got,” the 70-year-old Cardiff manager last night told The Yorkshire Post.

“He is ideal for the Championship. For me, we would not have been promoted without him last season.

“He won us six or seven points just by how he played up front. One game at Millwall stands out as he took a real battering, but kept going and helped us get a big point. We definitely would not have got that draw without him.

“There were a few games like that and, in the end, they all added up. Those six or seven points proved the difference in us winning automatic promotion or having to settle for the play-offs.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spo...gning-gary-madine-says-neil-warnock-1-9524904

I keep thinking back to James Hanson. He won us enough points in the title winning season to justify the purchase.

Peterborough away is one i think of straight away.Yes Sharp scored the goal but if we hadn't got Hanson playing, the goal wouldn't have materialised.

B05B4ABD-763D-4348-A583-5C6FF40AD96C.jpeg
Yeah, amongst other things. I'm especially more likely to buy my children season tickets after the manager says he won't sign a scumbag but then again he's just gone and signed one so in the future he's clearly best not being believed.

Does this make you feel any better or is the manager a liar?

"bounder and a charlatan"........ he's still wet behind the ears

youre-a-perfect-shower-an-absolute-stinker-of-the-first-order.jpg

Anyhow, as far as any personal abuse on the forum goes (not that in any way shape or form this is aimed at anyone at all....T's & C's apply) perhaps this should be the absolute upper limit of what is acceptable ?

View attachment 47872

He has already explained that he knows someone who has suffered at the hands of Madine's violent tendencies. Can you not understand how that would be key in forming someone's opinion? No everyone is willing to ditch their own opinions because of the words of the new messiah.

View attachment 47872

Wilder will say whatever needs saying to back up his decision truthful or not, he is no different to the other 91 managers of football clubs. Best to take everything they say with a pinch of salt, next week they will tell a different story.

I keep thinking back to James Hanson. He won us enough points in the title winning season to justify the purchase.

Peterborough away is one i think of straight away.Yes Sharp scored the goal but if we hadn't got Hanson playing, the goal wouldn't have materialised.

Indeed. A great cross to him from O’Shea to Hanson too – we shouldn’t forget who contributed to the promotion, and we really did steamroller teams in the end through being able to maintain a consistency in picking up results whatever happened. Hanson helped us do that, even if it wasn’t directly through scoring a key goal.

Wilder will say whatever needs saying to back up his decision truthful or not, he is no different to the other 91 managers of football clubs. Best to take everything they say with a pinch of salt, next week they will tell a different story.

I would say, it's CW's arse on the line if this goes sideways, given the back story and the wages involved. I'm as enthusiastic about this as I am about the Dog Turd I found in my front garden the other day, and reacted in the same way. Effed and jeffed, tutted and shut the front door again, fuck it.

This is the option to break down deep and narrow defensive teams ala Hanson.

Wilder: "He gives us a physicality at the top of the pitch....possibly, from a tactical point of view, it gives us something different and we're looking at that in the second part of the season: that teams might sit in towards the back of this campaign, so we might need something a little bit different".
... "he's physical ,technically very good, and hopefully he can get on the end of some of the crosses we're putting in".

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2019/january/wilder-on-madine/

Back
Top Bottom