CONFIRMED Gary Madine signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What is your favourite Madine thread?

• Total voters
Madine Madine
Madine Madine

Just fuck off

You’d be better playing for the Mean Machine.

My i be the first to welcome you to the lane officially Mr Madine, i did think you were a dick head, but im happy to be proved wrong, and a hat trick against your former employers would help your cause no end.

:D, don't you just love another Madine thread!!!:p

To be fair mate, whilst the original post you were replying to went a bit OTT, I do see where he's coming from, Sparky The Blade is only defending what he believes are the values of his club, what United stand for. He's not even assuming what these values are, he's simply going on what Wilder has said in the past. And it's not hard to out 2 and 2 together and see how Madine is a full weight who completely contradicts those values. Sparky's response, whilst you might not agree with it, shows just how much this matters to some people. United have signed a player who broke one of their own fan's jaws. And who has been strongly anti-United in the past, many are bound to want to tell Madine to fuck off or to see him as not completely committed to the cause, not hard to see why is it? To see why he might just be in it for the money. They're also really apprehensive about a bloke recognised as a full on dickwad upsetting the good thing we've got going here. We're bang in form, able to be punching above our weight, high in this division because everyone is United. Nowt should interrupt that. I'm the same in that sense.

And to go back to your eloquently put original points (;)) I actually have the unusual perspective of being able to comment on how he is on the pitch, on the training ground. A close mate of mine coached him at a few of his previous clubs. Believe me or not, no skin off my nose, but he says he's the hardest work of all the players he's every coached, a bad egg who didn't change over several years, often on the piss/hungover and the clubs regularly had to bail him out (not always literally!) but avoid stuff coming to the media's attention. His words: the biggest diva I've worked with.

Sounds great, eh?

Nothing you've said in your post surprises me Kozzy. Very similar stuff said about Leon too and I was fully behind Leon signing too as well. I take your points in fairness but he seems to have sorted himself out now for me and as I've said before he's played for Gary Megson, Phil Parkinson and Neil Warnock and now Wilder. All of those 4 managers take no crap and I think that says a lot about Madine. Also two of our competitors wanted him just now according to Wilder so you could argue its a coup getting Madine. I think fair play to Madine for choosing us.

We're signing Madine? WTF? How come nobody else started a thread????

giphy.gif

I'm not sure if the people who are strongly against this signing for moral reasons are just really good people or misguided.

I think we should start a thread where we all post the worst thing we've ever done and see how many sensitive fuckers decide not to talk to anyone else again.

If you're a massive twat, but I can sit down and have a laugh and a pint with you then we can be mates.

If you're a massive twat but you help the Blades at the football, all is forgiven. Not that he needs our 'forgiveness' for being a cunt. He's had a few fights and called Billy fat or something. If that's seriously triggering you, have a look at yourself.

Ok I'll start Steve. I once dumped my then girlfriend by text. I went back with her three days later out of guilt and then a few weeks later dumped her properly face to face, which I thought was the right thing to do.

Just saying at the end of that interview, im a blade now, is worth it just to put Wendy fans backs up

Ok I'll start Steve. I once dumped my then girlfriend by text. I went back with her three days later out of guilt and then a few weeks later dumped her properly face to face, which I thought was the right thing to do.

That was the right thing to do, kind of, maybe.

I'd love to share but my girlfriend knows I post on here.

He's been sent down for smacking one of the supporters of the club he was playing for at the time (Wednesday).

He has been sent down for hitting someone purely because they supported our club and he played for our rivals.

He's a horrible turd who has got away with most of his antics due to being a privileged footballer. The fact he's been done for both ABH and GBH speaks volumes for his character. He has zero remorse. He's been a violent drunk scumbag all his adult life.

Chris Wilder's lowest moment for me. Sure, if we go up then I guess it's a masterstroke. If we don't, it will be used against him.Quite frankly a huge and extremely reckless gamble on his part. He got away without any repercussions from the Ched signing as many blamed the chairman.

One of the hilarious side-effects is the sudden emergence of people supporting the signing and saying he deserves another chance. The same people who would have jumped all over anyone who had suggested signing him a few months back. But Lord Chris signs him and all that changes.....:rolleyes:

He's been sent down for smacking one of the supporters of the club he was playing for at the time (Wednesday).

He has been sent down for hitting someone purely because they supported our club and he played for our rivals.

He's a horrible turd who has got away with most of his antics due to being a privileged footballer. The fact he's been done for both ABH and GBH speaks volumes for his character. He has zero remorse. He's been a violent drunk scumbag all his adult life.

Chris Wilder's lowest moment for me. Sure, if we go up then I guess it's a masterstroke. If we don't, it will be used against him.Quite frankly a huge and extremely reckless gamble on his part. He got away without any repercussions from the Ched signing as many blamed the chairman.

One of the hilarious side-effects is the sudden emergence of people supporting the signing and saying he deserves another chance. The same people who would have jumped all over anyone who had suggested signing him a few months back. But Lord Chris signs him and all that changes.....:rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong I'm not creaming myself, he's not brilliant at football, I just think he can do an adequate job and offer something different.

hE's A cUnT tHoUgH

Don't get me wrong I'm not creaming myself, he's not brilliant at football, I just think he can do an adequate job and offer something different.

hE's A cUnT tHoUgH

I actually think he'll do a much better job than most people think. He doesn't score many but is an absolute nuisance. My issues with signing him actually have nothing to do with football.

I'm not sure if the people who are strongly against this signing for moral reasons are just really good people or misguided.

I think we should start a thread where we all post the worst thing we've ever done and see how many sensitive fuckers decide not to talk to anyone else again.

If you're a massive twat, but I can sit down and have a laugh and a pint with you then we can be mates.

If you're a massive twat but you help the Blades at the football, all is forgiven. Not that he needs our 'forgiveness' for being a cunt. He's had a few fights and called Billy fat or something. If that's seriously triggering you, have a look at yourself.

For me he is the personification of Sheffield Wednesday FC. He’s as piggy as they come. It’s no different to employing Megson as manager. We can’t be shouting ‘we hate Wednesday’ every 5 minutes then welcome this dick head, he IS Sheffield Wednesday.

Is this a spoof?

I laughed, I ridiculed and for what it's worth, I stand by it - I still don't rate him. Even he scores a few for us, it won't change that, I laughed at expenditure in foltball; Madine is not a £6m player. If he is, I'm worth at least £1.5m and I'm all left foot, have asthma and run a bit funny.

Fair enough, I'm going to go for the angle of not acknowledging his existence however. I can't bring myself to cheer him on in the same way I'd absolute back anyone else in the squad. He'll be lucky to get a clap from me if we score. For the reasons I've given above.

If I cheer at the end of the game, it's for my United, not for this clown.

Totally agree, but obviously some Blades have had a change of mind aren't fans fickle breed :confused:

Football fans are fickle indeed.
It will take a lot more than a stage managed club interview where he says all the right things to win me round. What will be interesting will be the weekends when he hits the clubs in Sheffield out on the piss, you see bullies and hard men attract the same. There is always some wannabe hard man that wants to see how good he is or a hard man that wants everyone to know he is number one Madine will attract them like flies round shit his sort always do. For those saying he is a reformed character don't forget his last brush with the law after a pub brawl was around 14 months ago not when he was 21 lucky for him he wasn't charged. Not saying he did anything wrong that time but it is an example of how he will attract people wanting to have a pop.
Wilder, this is probably one of the biggest gambles of his career the consequences of this fucking our season up don't bear thinking about. I grudgingly have to say both have got some bollocks but like Kozzy above I can't bring myself to cheer Madine like I would Billy. I don't rate Madine as owt special other than a big target man, despite most on here trying the S6 Deludamol his goal scoring record is pretty fucking dismal to be fair his best being 18 in the pigs league one promotion season, he has never ever been a 20 goal in a season man at any level. At championship level his best is 10 so we best hope Wilder and Knill can help him improve to something more than just physical nuisance value. This reminds me of the time we started relying on Darius Henderson, that turned out well didn't it.

For me he is the personification of Sheffield Wednesday FC. He’s as piggy as they come. It’s no different to employing Megson as manager. We can’t be shouting ‘we hate Wednesday’ every 5 minutes then welcome this dick head, he IS Sheffield Wednesday.

I don't get this to be honest. He played for Wednesday but he doesn't support them. He's just a former employee. There are many things you can aim at Madine to why you don't think he should have been signed but being an ex-Wednesday player is surely way down there.

This, with a combination of every other negative you could add: expensive (I imagine), been locked up for multiple offenses, has particular beef with our club and fans, suits a style we don't play, is a dirty cheat (some will see this as a positive) and will split the fans.

I don't get this to be honest. He played for Wednesday but he doesn't support them. He's just a former employee. There are many things you can aim at Madine to why you don't think he should have been signed but being an ex-Wednesday player is surely way down there.
He’s a Wednesday legend. More so for his supposed hatred of Utd than his football talents but they do love him. The hatred shown towards him from our fans whenever he’s played against us looked more than just oppo banter. He’s a pig. Simple as that. It is utterly bizarre that we’ve signed him. Nothing would surprise me now. Fuck it, get Megson in as director of football.

What planet are you living on if you don't think personal relationships don't come into a managers selection? Was clearly a brilliant decision by wilder not to start Duffy and sharp in first two games and both kicked off publicly about it if you were listening.

This is getting stupid now so you honestly believe he left Sharpe our because he wanted to be more popular? The most ridiculous thing I have read in the last few days and believe me there has been plenty to go at!

He’s a Wednesday legend. More so for his supposed hatred of Utd than his football talents but they do love him. The hatred shown towards him from our fans whenever he’s played against us looked more than just oppo banter. He’s a pig. Simple as that. It is utterly bizarre that we’ve signed him. Nothing would surprise me now. Fuck it, get Megson in as director of football.

I would suggest that Allan Quinn was seen as more of a Wednesday 'legend' than Madine and that didn't turn out too bad, did it?

This, with a combination of every other negative you could add: expensive (I imagine), been locked up for multiple offenses, has particular beef with our club and fans, suits a style we don't play, is a dirty cheat (some will see this as a positive) and will split the fans.
Regarding his “beef with the club” - surely him signing dispels that myth?

Regarding him not suiting our style - the man we reckon is doing the best job in decades disagrees with you.

Back
Top Bottom