CONFIRMED Gary Madine signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What is your favourite Madine thread?

• Total voters

Well his repeat offending and some of the stories people have told suggest he hasn't learnt, but whether he has or hasn't, I just don't think we should try and make out that what he did was insignificant and trivial. OK, he's our player now, but lets not get a reputation as apologists for thuggery.

True but I don't know about anyone else but the "he hit a Blade thing" annoys me, I don't think that's important, I think the fact he broke anyone's jaw is the takeaway and the reason we shouldn't have signed him. If we're signing people who only hit Wednesdayites and Norwich players I'd still hope we'd avoid him because I'm not a fan of violence toward my fellow man.

Also it'd be a good chance for The Star to earn some of its ridiculous price and do some actual journalism and ask the bloke he hit about it.

Regarding his “beef with the club” - surely him signing dispels that myth?

Regarding him not suiting our style - the man we reckon is doing the best job in decades disagrees with you.
The beef is mainly from our fans to him, I imagine he doesn't care much either way about us or the pigs (though hitting our fan may say differently depending on what actually happened).

I think Wilder would agree that he doesn't suit our style, Wilder said he 'gives us something different'. From a footballing perspective I agree with him; it could make us go more direct generally which would be a bad thing, but more likely he will be an option for when we want to change things up. If he suited our style, we'd have a few sttikers like him at the club for back up, with at least one starting every week.

He's been a very foolish young man, made silly mistakes which have hurt himself and others. Whilst he cannot change what he's done to others, I hope he's now changed and grown up a bit. I don't know him and i have no wish to ever meet him personally, but i can live with him playing for Utd if he keeps his head down, and does a decent professional job for the club.

I was always led to believe from a Wendy supporting mate, that he wasn't a bad lad until he had had one too many beers. Best thing he can do is stay away from the pubs n clubs and stay off the pop.

As far as football is concerned, he's our plan B. We've needed one for a while so I can only say that I think it will make us stronger for the run in. I will cheer any goals he might score for us as I support the team not any individual, but it's fair to say my lads won't be having Madine on the back of their blades shirts any time soon!

If the squad are ok with it, and the manager is, then that's good enough for me. I hope he scores a shit load for us now...

Bournemouth have lost 10/13 and he's been a bright point. It's not like he's propelled them to top of the league, he's just been better than the other players who must have been pretty average to have that record.

He's always exciting too, but doesn't mean it helps as the record shows.

Never realised how miserable our support was until this. It's like a flick has been switched and everyone's turned into Marvin the paranoid android.

And if we weren't a joke and we kept Brooks, he doesn't score that many anyway, still can't tackle, and isn't a target man, and we're scoring plenty and creating plenty without him.

*Switch has been flicked

Anyway bollox to talking about him......whats his bird like :D
Dunno bout now but he had a little fling with Stacey flounders...the mother of Adam Johnson's kids but I think she's gone back to him, she must be a great judge of character!Stacey-Flounders.jpg

True but I don't know about anyone else but the "he hit a Blade thing" annoys me, I don't think that's important, I think the fact he broke anyone's jaw is the takeaway and the reason we shouldn't have signed him. If we're signing people who only hit Wednesdayites and Norwich players I'd still hope we'd avoid him because I'm not a fan of violence toward my fellow man.
Absolutely. I don't care who anyone supported or what the provocation was, he shouldn't have hit anyone and the courts clearly felt the same. I would hope he also acknowledges that and doesn't do it again, especially whilst signed for us!

In many ways, it shows how out of touch footy is and it depresses me. This guy is a total bell end. 97% of fans wouldn't have wanted him. And what difference has it made? Fuck it. Why bother.
Don't want to overreact but it depresses me n'all. I imagine Wilder and Knill discussing Madine, one of them saying 'the fans will hate it' and the other saying 'they'll get over it if he scores a few, getting to the prem is what matters'.

Tbf though, most Blades probably agree with that so arguably he's made the right call.

In many ways, it shows how out of touch footy is and it depresses me. This guy is a total bell end. 97% of fans wouldn't have wanted him. And what difference has it made? Fuck it. Why bother.
I’d dispute that number - away from social media nobody I know feels strongly about this signing, and most accept he’ll have something different to offer.

I’d dispute that number - away from social media nobody I know feels strongly about this signing, and most accept he’ll have something different to offer.

Its a guess of course. Put it this way. Out of around 12 blades mates the amount that are halt happy with this are 0.

Don't want to overreact but it depresses me n'all. I imagine Wilder and Knill discussing Madine, one of them saying 'the fans will hate it' and the other saying 'they'll get over it if he scores a few, getting to the prem is what matters'.

Tbf though, most Blades probably agree with that so arguably he's made the right call.

Mmmm, providing he scores a few

Same here......almost every Blades I’ve met in real wont be rushing out to get his autograph, have his name on the back of their shirt or buy him a drink but they do see him as an interesting tactical option....might work...might not...who knows....but at least he’s offers us much much better heading ability and physicality than either Sharp, McGoldrick, Clarke or Washington. When you consider that we put in more crosses and have more corners than any other team in the Championship then he could thrive here.

Still dont like what he represents but i’ll give him a chance, as long as he does his job call me fickle but i’ll get over it.
The SU mnanagement team are taking an educated gamble that most Blades will give him a chance like we did with Ched.

Last edited:

I'm not so sure. A lot of people are saying stuff like "he'll score and it'll all be forgotten" but I don't think it is. People just bite their lip, know they've said what they wanted and there's no point going on about it and just keep it to themselves. It comes out on here on the occasional thread entitled "which player did you hate the most" or "worst signing ever" and so on.

I'm still embarrassed that we signed Vinny Jones.

Same here......almost every Blades I’ve met in real wont be rushing out to get his autograph, have his name on the back of their shirt or buy him a drink but they do see him as an interesting tactical option....might work...might not...who knows....but at least he’s offers us much much better heading ability and physicality than either Sharp, McGoldrick, Clarke or Washington. When you consider that we put in more crosses and have more corners than any other team in the Championship then he could thrive here.

Still dont like what he represents but i’ll give him a chance, as long as he does his job call me fickle but i’ll get over it.
The SU mnanagement team are taking an educated gamble that most Blades will give him a chance like we did with Ched.
Though he may win more headers, I wouldn't say he's got better heading ability than Sharp or possibly even Clarke. I'd guess both have/will over their careers score more headed goals.

I'm not so sure. A lot of people are saying stuff like "he'll score and it'll all be forgotten" but I don't think it is. People just bite their lip, know they've said what they wanted and there's no point going on about it and just keep it to themselves. It comes out on here on the occasional thread entitled "which player did you hate the most" or "worst signing ever" and so on.

I'm still embarrassed that we signed Vinny Jones.
I'm not sure either. I know I won't ever be happy with signing him, but it's hard to know how many will wish we'd never signed him regardless of how successful he is.

When the news first got announced, I swear 90% of the posts were in the region of, 'FUCK NO'. Could be that once the initial shock has gone, most people really aren't that bothered.

If (at the very least) it means we might just try hitting the odd deep free kick into the opposition penalty area rather than gradually working it back to Hendo (or the usual scenario of losing possession further back than the position of the free kick) then that is a positive for me. He may well offer us a bit more than that though.

This is what I've been saying but I've had no bites on here. Everyone I talked to yesterday either had a nervous smile and an "oo-er but it'll be reyt if he knocks some down to Bill" reaction or seemed genuinely intrigued and interested to see what he might provide.

Granted I didn't speak to all 9k of my fellow Blades but still.

I don't want him for the past he brings but I don't think he's the devil incarnate, and I'll back Wilder's superior judgement for now.

Though he may win more headers, I wouldn't say he's got better heading ability than Sharp or possibly even Clarke. I'd guess both have/will over their careers score more headed goals.

I agree that Sharp is probably a better, more accurate header than Madine but the key is your first six words.
If Sharp gets his head to the ball then he’s good in the air but his height and build mean he’s not got a chance challenging a big centre half. Madine should win more headers and Sharp might benefit from knock-downs.

Will be really interesting when BEANS does his excellent podcast quoting statistics about Madine influence and effectiveness.

I think the bottom line is
whilst ever we’re winning and challenging for promotion then Madine will be supported
But if we start falling off the pace with some poor performances, then many will be looking for a scapegoat and Madine will be perfect to fit that role, he’ll get blamed for absolutely everything but I’m sure Madine knows that but he’s confident SU will remain “on the up”.

I really can't arsed with all the comments. If he can score goals then what else matters
He can't though, as his stats show .

Which means that , not only have we signed a bounder and a charlatan ( paying close attention to Foxy's latest edict ) we've signed one who is shit at the art of goal scoring .

On the plus side , erm .............. I don't see any . I hope I'm wrong but I can see this coming back to bite CW on the arse very badly .

Ridiculous signing.

How would you know?
Wilder has a plan and all will be revealed in due course.
His reputation is on the line. The best managers try to be brave and make difficult decisions.

Back
Top Bottom