CONFIRMED Gary Madine signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What is your favourite Madine thread?

• Total voters
He’s a Wednesday legend. More so for his supposed hatred of Utd than his football talents but they do love him. The hatred shown towards him from our fans whenever he’s played against us looked more than just oppo banter. He’s a pig. Simple as that. It is utterly bizarre that we’ve signed him. Nothing would surprise me now. Fuck it, get Megson in as director of football.

I don't think he's anything like a Wednesday legend. Danny Wilson was a proper Wednesday legend. Bromby and Quinn came through their academy and were far more Wednesday than Madine.

It's the equivalent of them signing Jose Baxter. He did ok for them in league one then disgraced himself.

But this argument that his actions can be excused on the basis of laddishness is garbage. There’s no excuse for them. The only mitigation is he’s paid his penance and time has passed.
And Wilder referring to him as a "boy" only perpetuates the excuse. He's a grown-arsed man and needs to act like one.

What a disaster in the making.

Hope I am very wrong but I think Wilder has made the biggest mistake since he became our manager.

This Madine sounds like a nut case.

I would of much preferred Defoe and played through the middle.

50K/week and he was yours.

He’s a Wednesday legend. More so for his supposed hatred of Utd than his football talents but they do love him. The hatred shown towards him from our fans whenever he’s played against us looked more than just oppo banter. He’s a pig. Simple as that. It is utterly bizarre that we’ve signed him. Nothing would surprise me now. Fuck it, get Megson in as director of football.
Bet hes a right wendy legend after saying im a blade now

I don't think he's anything like a Wednesday legend. Danny Wilson was a proper Wednesday legend. Bromby and Quinn came through their academy and were far more Wednesday than Madine.

It's the equivalent of them signing Jose Baxter. He did ok for them in league one then disgraced himself.

Then why did he always get such abuse when he came the lane? The whole
Kop chanting pig pig pig the whole game.
We were only kidding Gary, we love you really. Embarrassing.

Stop bitching about Madine and stand United!

He is now a Blade give him a chance to show us if he can play the game in the style we have become accustomed to. See if he gives us something different to what we have now.

We need a holding forward ✅

We need someone who can head in one off the thousand corners we take ✅

We need some aggression and feathers ruffled ✅

Has he killed someone NO

Has he had a scrap YES (who hasn’t)

Has he swore at a Blade YES (who hasn’t)

Some folk on here are bloody embarrassing and over reacting

Judge him on his football in a Blades shirt starting against QPR on Saturday

Rant over, tin hat on.

Peace out ✌️

We did the same with Danny Wilson and he became our manager. We threw bottles at Frank Lampard when he was at Chelsea but most people would still have loved him in our side .

It's football. It's fickle and the players you once booed become your hero. Arsenal fans gave Sol Campbell stick then loved him when he signed. Micheal Owen got pelters from Man Utd fans then he signed for them. It happens all the time.

I totally understand people's anger with the signing but not for the reason that he once played for Wednesday.

When you let this go -

And sign this
Bosch%20WAE2416S%20Silver.jpg

You end up here

He had a bit of banter with the fans mate, stop crying. Nobody has to love him, he will do a job for us simple as that.

We did the same with Danny Wilson and he became our manager. We threw bottles at Frank Lampard when he was at Chelsea but most people would still have loved him in our side .

It's football. It's fickle and the players you once booed become your hero. Arsenal fans gave Sol Campbell stick then loved him when he signed. Micheal Owen got pelters from Man Utd fans then he signed for them. It happens all the time.

I totally understand people's anger with the signing but not for the reason that he once played for Wednesday.

Some more fickle than others I guess.

Heresay I hope, although it was one of the concerns I had. I'd be surprised if he's on less than £30k a week at Cardiff, I really hope we're not paying all of it.

Let's say he's on 35k. There's 20 weeks until the end of May. We can't even buy a decent L2 striker for the £700k outlay... plus we'd then be stuck with him if he's shit.

And that utd fan was probably giving him some right shit, saying he was punched for saying he supported Blades!! Come on....fuck sake. The victim gave a statement and everyone just believes it. We are all cunts at times, he probably deserved a bang.

He's had a few scraps so what? Going out and having a punch up at the end of the night was all the rage in my early 20's. That and finger blasting students. Get over it pal.

"few scraps"? He's been sent down for it, so the court at least believed it and probably didn't think the victim deserved it, like you do. You may think it's a perfectly normal thing to go around smashing people's heads in, a lot of us seem to think that's unacceptable.

"few scraps"? He's been sent down for it, so the court at least believed it and probably didn't think the victim deserved it, like you do. You may think it's a perfectly normal thing to go around smashing people's heads in, a lot of us seem to think that's unacceptable.

He's done his time for it though and I'm sure he has learnt from it. It's just not a big enough reason to not sign someone for me. He'll improve us and bang some goals in for sure, we don't have to start cheering his name now do we.

No we aren't.

Bournemouth have lost 10/13 and he's been a bright point. It's not like he's propelled them to top of the league, he's just been better than the other players who must have been pretty average to have that record.

He's always exciting too, but doesn't mean it helps as the record shows.

Never realised how miserable our support was until this. It's like a flick has been switched and everyone's turned into Marvin the paranoid android.

And if we weren't a joke and we kept Brooks, he doesn't score that many anyway, still can't tackle, and isn't a target man, and we're scoring plenty and creating plenty without him.

He's done his time for it though and I'm sure he has learnt from it. It's just not a big enough reason to not sign someone for me. He'll improve us and bang some goals in for sure, we don't have to start cheering his name now do we.
Well his repeat offending and some of the stories people have told suggest he hasn't learnt, but whether he has or hasn't, I just don't think we should try and make out that what he did was insignificant and trivial. OK, he's our player now, but lets not get a reputation as apologists for thuggery.

Back
Top Bottom