Match Thread Fulham v. Sheffield United - 7th October 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FULH
FULH
FULH

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1696358328237.png vs. 1696358336825.png

Premier League Matchweek 8 - Saturday 7th October 2023 - 15:00 - Craven Cottage
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/fulham-vs-sheffield-united.664/

Officials:

Referee: Sam Barrott
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Dan Robathan
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
VAR: Paul Tierney
Assistant VAR: Scott Ledger

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 08.56.19.png

Last edited:

Don't blame Souza not his fault. From the starting line up til the final whistle. Not upto the challenge of staying a prem club. But, hey lets keep doing the same thing and it will change. Ffs

All this season we look slow to react and weak in challeges which leads to us being starved of possession and panicked when we have it.

How we have continually given the ball away in our own half is unforgivable at this level.

A total rethink is required, and i mean total, tactics, personnel, formation everything, because quite clearly this isn't working, after 8 games we haven't been in any game at any point. To carry on as we are doing would be total madness
Do you think Hecky will change tactics and formations? I don't as he showed all of last season that he can't and won't. He has one set up and that's it, and I'm not even sure he understands it. He's a shite manager who was made to look good by two players who could pull of individual pieces of brilliance.

Souza, Bogle, Thomas and Archer have all been poor today. Souza wanders around like he’s on a shopping trip

A total rethink is required, and i mean total, tactics, personnel, formation everything, because quite clearly this isn't working, after 8 games we haven't been in any game at any point. To carry on as we are doing would be total madness
More crazy talk.....what is goin on......THERE WILL BE NO CHANGE.....WE ARE FINE...NOTHING TO SEE

Every game I try to find some positives, but I'm struggling, not just this game but virtually every one, ok I've found one, foderingham, let most goals in of any keeper in the premiership but by far our best player
Trying to stay positive, but becoming increasingly bleak. Trusty looked decent. Larouchie improvement on Thomas (who looks way out if his depth)

Literally any manager who has any tactics whatsoever would be an improvement on this.

We’re not hard to beat, defensively we look like stevie wonder has set us up, we’re not quick enough, we’re not strong enough, we’re not good enough with the ball, we’re not good enough without it, we dont compete, we dont make it difficult for the opposition, we dont make tackles, we dont make use of set-pieces.

The only tactic I think we’re employing is try and win a throw in somewhere close enough to the box for Robinson to launch one in.

Obviously we’re limited with quality but that’s always been the case with us in the Premier League. This is by far the most insipid, turgid, uncompetitive team I have ever seen, and that includes the league one days. At least back then we had quality relative to the level we were at, at least we had a way of playing even if it wasnt always getting the best out of the squad.

This setting up and waiting to get beat nonsense that the manager is employing is some of the most embarrassing football this division has ever seen.

Gets sacked probably… it won’t make a jot of difference though..
The results might not and the outcome at the end of the season might not, but the 90 minutes on the pitch might change and a new manager night will make a difference there. At least go down putting up a fight instead of going down lifeless and limp without any resistance.

This team currently look like a bunch of randomers who've met in a park and decided to have a kick around.

There's no cohesion, no leadership on the pitch, they're not playing like a team.

It's really awful to watch, no fight at all.

Our true lionheart, Mr. Chris Basham could have played his last game and rather than do him proud we just rolled over...

I honestly don't know what can be done at this point, but I cannot see this 'team' getting another point any time soon.

Every week its like watching a League 2 side having a jolly in the FA Cup against a Prem Side.

Im growing more and more to thinking we need a change of manager his tactics are easily countered by opposition.

All pre season I was banging the Doyle drum. If Souza was Heckys #1 target over Doyle then you’ve got to question his judgement.
What an absolute shit show. We can’t even do the basics right let alone offer some sort of attacking threat!
My anger is with the board predominantly… but we’ve got to do more tactically. We are getting absolutely steam rolled every game.
We have to start attacking teams and believing in ourselves.
We can start by dropping Souza and starting McAtee… the best form of defence is attack!

The results might not and the outcome at the end of the season might not, but the 90 minutes on the pitch might change and a new manager night will make a difference there. At least go down putting up a fight instead of going down lifeless and limp without any resistance.
We need a man motivator....
Joking...
1000019677.jpg

Couldn’t agree more infact what are the tactics? No one seems to have a clue what they are doing, It’s embarrassing.

This team currently look like a bunch of randomers who've met in a park and decided to have a kick around.

There's no cohesion, no leadership on the pitch, they're not playing like a team.

It's really awful to watch, no fight at all.

Our true lionheart, Mr. Chris Basham could have played his last game and rather than do him proud we just rolled over...

I honestly don't know what can be done at this point, but I cannot see this 'team' getting another point any time soon.
Exactly- any decent team with a leader on the pitch on on the sidelines would have responded to that with “right lads, whatever happens now, we fucking owe it Bash to compete like rabid dogs”

From front to back we carnt pass a ball to a man in our coloured shirt, we just invite pressure onto ourselves. When we have possession we hold on too long and opposition just take it off us boys against men

It is time for a change. When the ball gets past the halfway line they are clueless, they do not know what to do, that’s either the players not listening in training or Hecky not doing his job. Either way he has to go. Blame the players but we cannot sack the team. Someone said on this forum before that a 3 or 4 game bounce with a new manager is pointless but honestly, I will take that right now. Nice guy etc and I feel sorry for him but he is out of his depth. We need someone to install the Sheff utd way in the players - we have not had that since Wilder

i hate to speak ill of hecky, will be forever grateful for rescuing us from slav era & the promotion. but like ranieri in 2015, sport is ruthless & you feel his days are numbered sadly

it wouldnt be so bad if you can see progress. but this the 3rd week of this now & if anything we are getting worse. this is nothing like team that played everton. we are wide open defensively & created little offensively. the only surprise about fulham scoring was it took this long. you cannot be as consistently bad defensively as we have we have been for now 3 weeks. & expect to get anything from any level of football

Trying to stay positive, but becoming increasingly bleak. Trusty looked decent. Larouchie improvement on Thomas (who looks way out if his depth)
When Thomas replaced larouche a couple of weeks ago I thought yes, that's a massive improvement and today I thought exactly the same only in reverse, which only means they're both shit

Don’t know what’s happened to Anel? so slow, out of position, indecisive, lacklustre and Souza! for some reason people think he’s great? too slow for a midfielder, doesn’t track opponent, just Jogs back, almost walks.
Souza £10m ?

Hecky has run out of ideas, the players have lost their confidence in themselves and Hecky, to change things they must feel rudderless.

Back
Top Bottom