Match Thread Fulham v. Sheffield United - 7th October 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FULH
FULH
FULH

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1696358328237.png vs. 1696358336825.png

Premier League Matchweek 8 - Saturday 7th October 2023 - 15:00 - Craven Cottage
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/fulham-vs-sheffield-united.664/

Officials:

Referee: Sam Barrott
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Dan Robathan
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
VAR: Paul Tierney
Assistant VAR: Scott Ledger

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 08.56.19.png

Last edited:

Sam Barrott its his first Premier League game ever,never reffed a game of ours (well i cant find one) he's done the pigs a few times most recently the Sunderland tv game.

1696362201698.jpeg

Finding it tough to pick the defence for this one.

I wonder, when fit, if George could fill the right centre back role

Finding it tough to pick the defence for this one.

I wonder, when fit, if George could fill the right centre back role

Surely it has to be a combination of Anel, Trusty and JLT? As much as we all love Bash, he isn't a starter for us anymore so if Trusty can't get a start now, I will begin to question why the fuck he was even signed.

Surely it has to be a combination of Anel, Trusty and JLT? As much as we all love Bash, he isn't a starter for us anymore so if Trusty can't get a start now, I will begin to question why the fuck he was even signed.
I've been saying for months that trying to cover both Anel & Egan with only Basham was too risky and now we're in difficulty.
I doubt Hecky will put Trusty at CCB , so it'll be Bash at RCB & Anel at CCB.
Without Furious , our defence is miles off PL standard.

If we don’t look competitive in this one then you do begin to wonder what games we will look competitive in.

I have the feeling the players know the club plans to replace Hecky and are just treading water. ☹️

I feel this is the shit or bust game, we really need a positive result of any kind, hope we go to 4 at the back and pack midfield who will press fulham high up the pitch

I don't think trusty fits the system we play at all, not sure why we bought him. I think it will be Bash, Anel, JLT

The defence will be stronger with Anel in the middle and Trusty coming in. Egan may have been carrying an injury recently but he has been slow clumbersome not picking his man up leaving space for attackers to run into in to and missing most of the headers he used to get to with ease the fact is he has cost us heavily. He should have been dropped weeks ago and if not injured would be playing today and that worries me when we could have tightened the defence by dropping him ages ago. The injury has forced the change but it should have been done long before now

The defence will be stronger with Anel in the middle and Trusty coming in. Egan may have been carrying an injury recently but he has been slow clumbersome not picking his man up leaving space for attackers to run into in to and missing most of the headers he used to get to with ease the fact is he has cost us heavily. He should have been dropped weeks ago and if not injured would be playing today and that worries me when we could have tightened the defence by dropping him ages ago. The injury has forced the change but it should have been done long before now
Anel can't play in the middle if Trusty comes in coz Trusty can't play on the right side (as Hecky has stated).
If we continue to play 3 at the back and our WBs don't overlap we are asking to play the game in our half which means a defence under constant pressure and likely defeat.
Hecky has to give them a plan for getting forward.

Wes

Bogle - Bash -Anel - Trusty - Jlt

Hamer - Souza

Davies - Slimane

O Mac

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Another thrashing imminent. Can't see where we are going to get a goal from.

Anel can't play in the middle if Trusty comes in coz Trusty can't play on the right side (as Hecky has stated).
If we continue to play 3 at the back and our WBs don't overlap we are asking to play the game in our half which means a defence under constant pressure and likely defeat.
Hecky has to give them a plan for getting forward.
Anel can and will play in the middle

Gaini Blade's off down the smoke innit?

See how I'm blending in? They'll never guess that I'm a northerner!

Tierney was on VAR for the Villa hawkeye incident!

Back
Top Bottom