Free agents

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Free agent;

• Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • Axel Tuanzebe

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • Ross Barkley

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Tom Davies

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Ainsley Maitland-Niles

Votes: 37 40.2%
  • Jesse Lingard

Votes: 6 6.5%

• Total voters

HeCanDoMagic

Reaction score
Bit of fun. There are a few free agents that have been linked with us and a few more that would fall into the 'I could see that' category.

If you only had the chance of one, who would it be?

With the greatest of respect, we are going down this season so none of them.

I say we should only spend wages and transfer fees on players who would be willing to stay with us for our 2024-2025 promotion campaign

Tom Davies has a lot of PL experience and fills a position we need. I think he could be a pretty solid addition.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles would also be a strong addition as he covers a few roles.

Wouldn't look at any of the others based on fitness & attitude issues.

With the greatest of respect, we are going down this season so none of them.

I say we should only spend wages and transfer fees on players who would be willing to stay with us for our 2024-2025 promotion campaign
I don't mean this in a confrontational way, and its not necessarily aimed directly at you, but do you not find the 'we're relegated already' spiel a bit childish and boring?

Free agents will want big wages don't forget, certainly most from that list will. Maybe we'll sign t'old Axel though!

1690813843423.png

Daniel Sturridge and Rod Jackwell

I'd have thought Jack Rodwell and Ravel Morrison are clues to what happens when you sign players with the wrong mentality. At least they were on 'last chance saloon' wages.

I'd be amazed if Sturridge considers any wage offers below £100k per week.

Most of the people mentioned in the thread are FREE agents for a reason.

I'd have thought Jack Rodwell and Ravel Morrison are clues to what happens when you sign players with the wrong mentality. At least they were on 'last chance saloon' wages.

I'd be amazed if Sturridge considers any wage offers below £100k per week.

Most of the people mentioned in the thread are FREE agents for a reason.
I was piss taking mate. Sturridge has cropped up each transfer window for about 4 years.

I don't mean this in a confrontational way, and its not necessarily aimed directly at you, but do you not find the 'we're relegated already' spiel a bit childish and boring?

When we went up in 2019 I actually preferred the idea of pursuing free agents like Welbeck, Sturridge, Wilshere etc on decent wages as that combined with signing on fees would only be £5 million in total for a year, and the re-sale potential if we turned their careers around would have been huge. Brighton could get £10-15 million for Welbeck easily now.

However we're in a different situation now of course, having blown a lot of money on Brewster et al and can't afford risk of failures.

I'm actually quite relaxed about next season (no offence taken), I expect absolutely nothing so anything we get will be a bonus. I don't want to hijak the OP (perhaps I already have) just that I don't think free agents at this stage are viable or strategic.

Bit of fun. There are a few free agents that have been linked with us and a few more that would fall into the 'I could see that' category.

If you only had the chance of one, who would it be?
None

Would look at Tuanzebe again. If he's cheap enough, he'd be great cover for the defence.

Andre Ayew could do a job, don't think he'd command huge wages, is experienced at PL level.

There's a few decent looking players on there, players that have been without a club for a while too. Makes you wonder why 🤔

Hi Stegosaurus here,

We need another CB desperately. Tuanzhanba or however you spell his name would be a decent choice. Looking at transfermarkt, not many available -- Almamy Toure may be alright, was at Frankfurt for a few seasons... bit part player though. But might be alright as backup.

Could Hecky resurrect Phil Jones and provide us with cover for Egan?

Hi Stegosaurus here,

We need another CB desperately. Tuanzhanba or however you spell his name would be a decent choice. Looking at transfermarkt, not many available -- Almamy Toure may be alright, was at Frankfurt for a few seasons... bit part player though. But might be alright as backup.
The team needs a boost, we need to stop conceding, bash is out.
Toure is still a free agent. Why not?
What are the alternatives?

Back
Top Bottom