Any free agents available before next Sunday?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade.3

Reaction score
As we are looking very light upfront, are their any strikers out there that are free agents?
Losing Ollie for next Sunday is a blow but should he get injured long term ,then we could be in the shite.
How long are Jebbo and Brewster out for ?
Osula is not the answer just yet so i reckon if there is someone out there then let's bring them in.

As we are looking very light upfront, are their any strikers out there that are free agents?
Losing Ollie for next Sunday is a blow but should he get injured long term ,then we could be in the shite.
Osula is not the answer just yet so i reckon if there is someone out there then let's bring them in.
We've announced our 25 man squad. We are not allowed to add to it. You can't use excuse of a pro being injured not to put them in the squad.

As I understand it, PH mentioned that it was in the PL rules that we could not leave out players already on our roster even if they were injured. Bit different from Notts Forest as they have too many players on their playing roster so could choose to leave out who they wanted. We had 26 players and has to leave Marcus Dewhurst out and include all the others. So that decision to give new contracts to certain players (who had previous injury problems) seems like it was a great decision in hindsight doesn't it .. 😏

As I understand it, PH mentioned that it was in the PL rules that we could not leave out players already on our roster even if they were injured. Bit different from Notts Forest as they have too many players on their playing roster so could choose to leave out who they wanted. We had 26 players and has to leave Marcus Dewhurst out and include all the others. So that decision to give new contracts to certain players (who had previous injury problems) seems like it was a great decision in hindsight doesn't it .. 😏
So have we put an injured goalie in and left a fit one out ?

So have we put an injured goalie in and left a fit one out ?

If we have included Amissah in the 25 then yes we have. I'm just a little annoyed that we gave a new contract to JF when that space could have been used for a centre forward or even a right centre back free agent. Still, that debate has been had numerous times and we have made that decision now. I do wonder if the PL rule was clear at the time to PH and co when they made the decision on certain contact renewals, maybe they were fully aware or maybe they weren't. I just kind of got the impression that it has come as a bit of a surprise to PH (having to name a full 25 even if there was long term injuries to some.of these players) or if the rule wasnt clearly communicated to him earlier in the summer. Anyway what's done is done but that's it now re players coming in until January.

If we have included Amissah in the 25 then yes we have. I'm just a little annoyed that we gave a new contract to JF when that space could have been used for a centre forward or even a right centre back free agent. Still, that debate has been had numerous times and we have made that decision now. I do wonder if the PL rule was clear at the time to PH and co when they made the decision on certain contact renewals, maybe they were fully aware or maybe they weren't. I just kind of got the impression that it has come as a bit of a surprise to PH (having to name a full 25 even if there was long term injuries to some.of these players) or if the rule wasnt clearly communicated to him earlier in the summer. Anyway what's done is done but that's it now re players coming in until January.

Hecky is the one who demanded the squad should stay together and that included keeping all the walking wounded. It has nothing to do with the PL rules.

we HAD to? or we chose to?
Had to. Its section U of the League rules. Basically, you include every player you have signed has to be named in your squad list. If you have more than the requisite number (based on home grown etc) then you eliminate it down to 25. Just because you have someone who is injured or who has fell out with the manager you cannot exclude if you have less than 25 other players. Basically.

Had to. Its section U of the League rules. Basically, you include every player you have signed has to be named in your squad list. If you have more than the requisite number (based on home grown etc) then you eliminate it down to 25. Just because you have someone who is injured or who has fell out with the manager you cannot exclude if you have less than 25 other players. Basically.
Pretty embarrassing for a Premier League team to be forced into doing this due to such poor recruitment.

Pretty embarrassing for a Premier League team to be forced into doing this due to such poor recruitment.
The rules state you can apply to the board to have a player taken off the list and replaced by another and it gives specific examples of where, for instance, due to medical reasons the club would be unable to field a side.

Regarding this 25 man limit. Its a bit nuts isn't it? Given that there's 11 on the pitch and 9 on the bench in any one match. Surely 30 would be more reasonable?

Andre Ayew would have been a very good free agent signing

It not just now mcburnie is out next game we didnt take Archer off who was knackered , if Traore isnt getting on then , then when is he ?

Hecky clearly doesnt rate Traore so basically we have 2 strikers who he rates

Don't think that's true. We could have listed fewer than 25 players if we wished.
The issue is: if we had named only 23 or 24 players, could we add any free agent(s) we sign before January?

The unfathomable decision of the close season, was not giving Billy another year.
Wouldn’t have cost v much, and he’d certainly come in handy now.
Sharp was more deserving of a new contract than Fleck, for example (even before Fleck's latest injury)

Andre Ayew would have been a very good free agent signing

It not just now mcburnie is out next game we didnt take Archer off who was knackered , if Traore isnt getting on then , then when is he ?

Hecky clearly doesnt rate Traore so basically we have 2 strikers who he rates
Can't understand Hecky's reluctance to hook players who are dead on their feet - hope he does rate Traore , he spent £5m of our limited cash on him.

Just shows up our inability to recruit a striker as even more pathetic doesn't it?
Do you not count Archer and Traore as strikers ? We then have McB, Brewster, Osula and Jebbison, so how many should we have ? Seven ?

Jebbo and Brewster aren't the answer either

Back
Top Bottom