Prince - give us some direction

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You can’t compare Leicester City’s winning it with Blackburn one won it the other bought it
Rovers biggest spenders around when they bought it
They where actually only the 7th highest spenders the season they won it.

Thing is our owner has deliberately disconnected himself from the club. They said so in that weird interview the chairman did when they appointed hecky.

He wants to sell, but the package/amount for the club seemingly isn't sparking much interest. Aside from genuine crooks.

He says he must run the club as if he is here forever. Yet all he really wants to do is to not overspend and keep the club just ticking over.

Yeah we are getting the hotel back up and running and that's good. But really it's also just easy investment because once we have a hotel tenant in jobs done again and we start to gain rental monies.

Academy, ground, scouting or having decent transfer budgets are not going to happen.

And then I think back to last summer. It was a car crash. The damage was made there in terms of on the pitch issues.

Thing is our owner has deliberately disconnected himself from the club. They said so in that weird interview the chairman did when they appointed hecky.

He wants to sell, but the package/amount for the club seemingly isn't sparking much interest. Aside from genuine crooks.

He says he must run the club as if he is here forever. Yet all he really wants to do is to not overspend and keep the club just ticking over.

Yeah we are getting the hotel back up and running and that's good. But really it's also just easy investment because once we have a hotel tenant in jobs done again and we start to gain rental monies.

Academy, ground, scouting or having decent transfer budgets are not going to happen.

And then I think back to last summer. It was a car crash. The damage was made there in terms of on the pitch issues.
We've wasted too much money on luxury loan signings which has left the squad imbalanced and short when they return to parent clubs. Last summer we had to replace Berge, Ndiaye, Doyle and McAtee. We replaced one by resigning him on loan. It's been like it for the last three seasons. The crux of your team and squad should be your own players, not borrowed players. If loan players are your key men then you're in immediate trouble when they leave.

The club keeps harping on about signing young played with good resale value and yet it spends little on fees and wages on these players, but invests ten fold on loan players.

The clubs recruitment is short sighted, amateur and rudderless. We desperately need a director of football and a manager who will find the best system for what he has and not stubbornly force square pegs into round holes to make players play to their system.

This is why American sports work so sell. The coach is the coach, nothing more, nothing less. Coach and develop players on and off the pitch and manage games. The general manager signs players, deals with scouting, buying/selling players, contracts etc. If a team plays without wingers but the general manager signs two wingers who are better than the current players, then there is an expectation for the coach to adapt their system to incorporate the wingers.

Six months since this was posted and the fecker still hasn’t stepped up.
Hasn't stepped up because he can’t afford to step up, don't know how long he's been looking for investment or to sell the club but we can't carry on much longer like we are.

The silence from the ownership is appalling. Our proud history is being destroyed. To PA this doesn't seem to matter. Only his own financial perspective. There is absolutely no excuse. Parading on the pitch when we got promotion, now silent and passive.
Hecky should have gone today, or a statement of support from the board. Just silence.
I was taking my wife and daughters to the Wolves match next Saturday. Tickets bought, trip planned, hotel booked, we live near Stroud. Instead I have told them to go to Meadowhall shopping. Well out of the centre. I predict a torrid atmosphere, fighting on the Kop, demonstrations in the car park, and given Wolves fans are generally aggressive, I expect a bloodbath outside BL stand. I'll be there, sat with my sister in South Stand, I'm not a wimp.
What a state this club has become under PA leadership. I am truly disgusted. This cannot go on. Maybe you think I'm over reacting, let's see what Saturday brings. The fight and fury of the fans will be exposed if we limp to another big defeat on Saturday.
I don't know why fans haven't sussed he's only in it for the Prem money & parachute payments. Next month he will get paid into his United World Bank account in Geneva Switzerland £118.8 Million for finishing bottom! He doesn't care we lose every week he doesn't give a toss because he never comes. Even though he's got a private jet he can't be bothered to come!

Back
Top Bottom