Complete reset needed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

wak1889

Reaction score
Get rid of wilder, and the players he signed , get in a young up and coming manager, someone who has actually managed and had coaching badges, none of this let's get Billy in rubbish, give whoever it is free reign to change the system, play his own way , no I have no names but there must be some young coaches in UK or abroad that would jump at the chance to manage at a high level

Get rid of wilder, and the players he signed , get in a young up and coming manager, someone who has actually managed and had coaching badges, none of this let's get Billy in rubbish, give whoever it is free reign to change the system, play his own way , no I have no names but there must be some young coaches in UK or abroad that would jump at the chance to manage at a high level
Yes, but we’re still gonna be run by the Saudi politician.

Speaking to Wednesday fans, ok they’re struggling but most of them have a high opinion of the Manager and what he’s trying to do. We need.to the same, look at the lower half of the Bundesliga or even Bundesliga 2. Wilder is not the answer, we’re going nowhere with him in charge,

Here we go again.

One problem. And it’s a pretty major one.

How the fuck do we do a “complete reset”, requiring a full new squad and mentality, when we don’t have the recruitment set up, the coaching staff, the academy quality, and the fan mentality to back it….but even worse still have an owner that can’t cobble together the funds to run a league one side? That wants out? That has a board with no plan??

I’m keen to hear this pearl of wisdom

We need a fresh approach, the Wilder/ Heckingbottom approach has run it's course now.
We got promoted playing poor but being good enough thanks to a few talented players to get the results needed, but we have been found out next w and can't get away with it.

Speaking to Wednesday fans, ok they’re struggling but most of them have a high opinion of the Manager and what he’s trying to do. We need.to the same, look at the lower half of the Bundesliga or even Bundesliga 2. Wilder is not the answer, we’re going nowhere with him in charge,
Exactly, but out fan base won't accept it , look at weir, Robson and Slav none given a chance at all by fans and none lasted a season, ok weirs tenure was a dark time , but I believe if we had kept slav and given him 2 seasons to get us up we would be in the premier league and more competitive than now

Get rid of wilder, and the players he signed , get in a young up and coming manager, someone who has actually managed and had coaching badges, none of this let's get Billy in rubbish, give whoever it is free reign to change the system, play his own way , no I have no names ...

There's your problem right there.

Exactly, but out fan base won't accept it , look at weir, Robson and Slav none given a chance at all by fans and none lasted a season, ok weirs tenure was a dark time , but I believe if we had kept slav and given him 2 seasons to get us up we would be in the premier league and more competitive than now
Totally agree, I was gutted when Slav was sacked. He was duped big time. This was a great opportunity, a two year project to change the whole ethos of the club. But no, we get a failed Hibs Manager followed by a failed Middlesbrough Manager. Well done The Prince, you fucking fraud.

Totally agree, I was gutted when Slav was sacked. He was duped big time. This was a great opportunity, a two year project to change the whole ethos of the club. But no, we get a failed Hibs Manager followed by a failed Middlesbrough Manager. Well done The Prince, you fucking fraud.
Yes me too , he was known as a notorious slow starter, and I think he would have got it right with mgw and ndiaye in tandem

What's the problem?
That you can't think of anyone that could come in and work the miracles necessary with the shit show of a budget they'd have to work with.
Let's face it, Wider did wonders and in his own words 'when everyone was 100% on their game'
I like Wilder, I love what he did for us, but no-one, not just you, can come up with a name that will succeed long term because we simply don't have the backing to succeed long term.

Here we go again.

How the fuck do we do a “complete reset”, requiring a full new squad and mentality, when we don’t have the recruitment set up, the coaching staff, the academy quality, and the fan mentality to back it….but even worse still have an owner that can’t cobble together the funds to run a league one side? That wants out? That has a board with no plan??

We start with a new recruitment set up, and coaching staff

Multiple problems, a manager whose best days are behind him, an owner who wants out and who has no money, an utterly shockingly incompetent scouting/ recruitment department and a bunch of players who are largely over the hill or gutless/brainless. The only glimmer of hope is the crop of home grown youngsters but without a spine of competent experienced players around them they aren’t ready yet probably even for top end championship next season. Hard to see any improvement until the prince goes and hard to see that ever happening.

Said this before he took back over. Great memories, but don’t go back. We need a fresh view. Generally he’s made us harder to play against (most games) but a proper reset is best for the long term imo. There is a good bunch of young uns coming through and I think it’s the right time for that changing overall style/approach.

What are we actually gonna gain from this debacle of a season?…Answers on a post card please.

That you can't think of anyone that could come in and work the miracles necessary with the shit show of a budget they'd have to work with.
Let's face it, Wider did wonders and in his own words 'when everyone was 100% on their game'
I like Wilder, I love what he did for us, but no-one, not just you, can come up with a name that will succeed long term because we simply don't have the backing to succeed long term.
I'm a civil servant not a football chairman/ owner but If I was employed on £100k a year full time and my only remit was to find a young progressive forward thinking coach / manager I would find one

Yeah but they want to play out from the back but struggle to recruit the players needed to play that way. Like our fans are saying you have to have players with intelligence to do that rather than just play it.

Ruthless clear out needed in summer now. McB, Baldock as well. Can’t have big hitters playing one game in 12 every season. Wish the board would fuck off but clearly nobody wants to own us apart from crooks. However they have no excuse for us not being competitive next season given no debt and parachute payments.

Here we go again.

I don't think that anyone believes for one minute that you can solve everything you lost immediately overnight. What you can do is begin to put into place a structure within the club that has clear goals and targets (even if it is something as simple as "leave the club in a better and more financially sustainable place than it was twelve months ago") and accept that bringing everything together will be a multiple year work in progress.

Playing squad - it is clearly way off PL standard now. It is not clearly way off Championship standard. It just needs strong decisions in terms of clearing house with players who have reached their peak already where said peak is not where we need to be, and to ensure that players who might have the ability to improve the first XI have a clear pathway and opportunities to do so
Coaching staff - not my area of expertise, but feel like with other areas it needs separating from the current first team head coach, bring in the best you can without worrying about the "manager" only being on board if he brings in his mates
Recruitment setup - similar. There needs to be clear divergence between this and the first team coach, you make decisions which are always both value for money and are in the long term interest of SUFC. You don't bring in player X because the current "manager" likes him when he will cost the earth and is only there so the manager delays being sacked for a couple of months. Specifics of what said set up would look like can clearly look very different from club to club, but it seems moderately clear that it needs working on one way or another
Academy quality - ideally we would like to be cat 1, but that takes time and money to get there, think everyone understands that, but in the interim period I think it needs an understanding that what we have is in no way a dumpster fire, and that we have talent there that can be developed and used
Fan mentality - ok, that's the big one :)

I'm a civil servant not a football chairman/ owner but If I was employed on £100k a year full time and my only remit was to find a young progressive forward thinking coach / manager I would find one
Why would £100k a year suddenly make you think of someone that you can't think of now?
Sadly my friend, it's not that easy. There are dozens of other clubs up and down the country that would love to pay someone £100k a year to get a young up and coming manager to make all the difference.
Start with a decent investor, and the rest might or might not follow.

I find when my computer or TV aren't working properly, I unplug and replace and that seems to work. Can someone find the plug at the lane, what say 5 seconds and replug. Thanks. Problem solved.....well it works on The IT Crowd

A new owner is desperately needed and a new manager then needs to follow. Both of them clearly have the best intentions for the club, but that’s not enough. Neither of them are up to the job of creating and realising a vision to move a club forward in the modern era, much smarter people are needed.

Here we go again.

Thank God you see the same as me 62 years as a Blade and all I see is a crock of shit. An owner who like many others needs his English football team "play thing" and with United World can tell all his pals he owns several other teams all of which are total shite and contribute nothing to Sheffield United. Ah yes McAabe also had his collection of clubs they also contributed nothing to Sheffield United. An owner who turns up for promotion celebrations walks round the pitch waving flags then when relegation is on the cards disappears up his own arse in California with his shitty mates. Buys the club for a "song" then wants to flog it for £170 M. A board we haven't got one - a chairman who addmited he knows nothing about football plus other invisible tossers and of course "Mr Yes Man arse licker" Bettis. Then we have to listen to the same old boring, stuttering bullshit from Wilder before and after every surrender on the pitch. That's the same "Blades hero" who threw his dummy out and left but then reinvented himself by sticking a knife in Heckingbottoms back and placing his tongue right up the Poundland Princes arse. Quote "Me and the Prince have made up and I've signed the sorry book" As I said earlier crock of shite and alot of people living in "cloud cuckoo land".

Back
Top Bottom