Football heaven

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't think either covered themselves in glory, don't get me wrong. But I never really felt the issue was that we were missing significant amounts of chances, we just weren't getting anywhere close to threatening or creating a chance in the main which I'd put with midfield and wing backs rather than strikers.

one thing I will never understand was why we never even attempted to change things up to try and create more. It was obvious we were only going to create one chance a game and it puts massive pressure on the strikers if they know they aren’t going to get another sniff.

We Never even looked to try and change things up even slightly. Which Was insane to me.

as you say if we aren’t getting slapped around for 90 minutes and actually have some of the ball, I’d back most of our strikers to do ok at this level.

Does kind of give him an insight into it though, doesn’t it? Especially when you blokes who’ve never played higher than Powerleague slagging off professional players …
I know Keith well and every time we have a chat about SUFC or for that matter anything, he mentions his golden boots. Not slagging him off at all

Edwards is a commentary legend. The more downbeat and fed up the better for me. Those Tuesday nights spent listening to us try and grind out points at Colchester and Shrewsbury etc are memories I treasure
Yes I agree about Keith, but he’s just telling it as it is. If it’s a gloomy night in Southend, with a wank drive down...It just puts us in the picture.

one thing I will never understand was why we never even attempted to change things up to try and create more. It was obvious we were only going to create one chance a game and it puts massive pressure on the strikers if they know they aren’t going to get another sniff.

We Never even looked to try and change things up even slightly. Which Was insane to me.

as you say if we aren’t getting slapped around for 90 minutes and actually have some of the ball, I’d back most of our strikers to do ok at this level.
I love Wilder as much as anybody but the stubborn belief that we had to keep playing that way was mind-boggling. It's almost as if overlapping centre backs had become so romanticised and a key part of our identity that we couldn't let go - even when we lost our most effective overlapping centre back for the season! I understood the persistence with it in the early part of last season but once we were ten games in, it made no sense to carry on with it. We had to try something different but it became clear that we weren't going to. Wilder had four amazing seasons and I get his reluctance to change it quickly but it bit him on the arse in the end.

McCarthy was a shock jock nob end who just aired his own view talking over callers all the time. Worst one in years in my opinion and hes all Leicester. Staton is much better informed and knows some of the history of the area ,McCarthy didnt even seem to research that.
Yer got to admit he did talk over people but he did grow on me .

Keith Edward's was one of the most prolific and deadliest strikers that the club has ever had so I think that gives him the right to make comments about strikers/chances/goalscorersetc etc on a local radio programme.

His all round punditry I find to be pretty decent. A fair chunk of honesty along with some irony and mostly sensible comments on the match being played out wether good or bad.

It's a yes from me.

Chief Keef.. one of our most prolific goalscorers. Three golden boots, a genuine knack for finding the net. An out and out striker with a must win attitude. Think he's an awesome co commentator myself and listen to his opinion over someone who's never played football at his level. I think if anyone's got the right to criticize, it's him.

I think KE's alright really. Compare him with John Pearson at the Wendy games, and I think he does alright. Plus his winner near the end at Notts County in 1978 counts as one of the finest I've ever seen live. Dipping volley over the keeper's head into the top corner from out near the touchline.

Edwards on fh having a slight did at sufc board. I turned off after 5 minutes. ffs wilder got sufc relegated and no one else should be blamed and wilder jumped ship imo. Let's get behind sufc board and players and new manager.
I've not listened to FH, don't intend to as it just seems to be a show designed to court controversy and get the caller numbers up, which is fine for a commercial Radio station having sponsors and advertisers to answer to, but BBC Sheffield have been very poor in this respect for many years, the Hume v Morgs discussion that they generated a few years ago was poor form and it hasn't seemed to improve on their midweek shows, with the idiot fans like Brian the Blade.

As for Edwards, he's a so called expert/ fan that gives an opinion in games, its not what i would call a co-commentator role as he always seems to want to make the game fit his agenda. Its painful listening at times. He was no doubt a fantastic player, but his opinions are so far behind the experts that we have got used to on bigger budget sky and even the politically correct bbc tv.

Wilder was fantastic, did an amazing job, the last season was something which we can all analyse and find a way to do a keith edwards, making the result fit our own agendas. But the fact was that Wilder, the board, the squad and the back room all contributed in their own way to both the demise and the subsequent relegation which followed soon after Wilders departure. I was one of the many that wanted Wilder to be in charge still this coming Saturday, but it wasn't to be. We didn't give him the send off he deserved either, which saddens me.

The Prince and the board can't hide, they made mistakes, they've publicly explained themselves and it was all quite sketchy. Wilder resigned but it was effectively a sacking as he was put into what he believed was an untenable position. The jury was out for me on the Prince and how he would recover from this situation.

Bringing Slav in, was perhaps not the straight forward cliched appointment that we expected. Some of the names linked really sent a shudder down my spine, but I believe that of all the realistic options out there and amongst considerable competition, Slav is the best man for the job to return us to the Premier league.

I'm a great believer in moving forward and i think the appointment this summer, the lack of movement in the transfer market, in retaining players (at the time of writing) and Slav making use of the squad that he has inherited, is indeed giving the club the best chance possible.

100% behind the Board, the Manager and the players to do the job over the season. Mousset for league top scorer, Blades to win the League.

McCarthy was a shock jock nob end who just aired his own view talking over callers all the time. Worst one in years in my opinion and hes all Leicester. Staton is much better informed and knows some of the history of the area ,McCarthy didnt even seem to research that.

Staton is decent. Never saw any bias coming through. The Piggy twat.....

Staton is wendy ?? I was driving past the Lane one time and him and Wilder were hugging each other near the Hotel , Official like , not in a pervy way .
Apparently used to post in their forum.

Doesn't advertise he's wednesday now probably due to the embarrassment. Just a Seatle Seahawk fam now.

I can remember the late 90s when we was going through one our spells where we churn through managers and Keith Edwards appearing on Look North declaring himself as the only man who could sort United out.
I remember that. It was the day after Heath left us. It was embarrassing.

I've not listened to FH, don't intend to as it just seems to be a show designed to court controversy and get the caller numbers up, which is fine for a commercial Radio station having sponsors and advertisers to answer to, but BBC Sheffield have been very poor in this respect for many years, the Hume v Morgs discussion that they generated a few years ago was poor form and it hasn't seemed to improve on their midweek shows, with the idiot fans like Brian the Blade.

As for Edwards, he's a so called expert/ fan that gives an opinion in games, its not what i would call a co-commentator role as he always seems to want to make the game fit his agenda. Its painful listening at times. He was no doubt a fantastic player, but his opinions are so far behind the experts that we have got used to on bigger budget sky and even the politically correct bbc tv.

Wilder was fantastic, did an amazing job, the last season was something which we can all analyse and find a way to do a keith edwards, making the result fit our own agendas. But the fact was that Wilder, the board, the squad and the back room all contributed in their own way to both the demise and the subsequent relegation which followed soon after Wilders departure. I was one of the many that wanted Wilder to be in charge still this coming Saturday, but it wasn't to be. We didn't give him the send off he deserved either, which saddens me.

The Prince and the board can't hide, they made mistakes, they've publicly explained themselves and it was all quite sketchy. Wilder resigned but it was effectively a sacking as he was put into what he believed was an untenable position. The jury was out for me on the Prince and how he would recover from this situation.

Bringing Slav in, was perhaps not the straight forward cliched appointment that we expected. Some of the names linked really sent a shudder down my spine, but I believe that of all the realistic options out there and amongst considerable competition, Slav is the best man for the job to return us to the Premier league.

I'm a great believer in moving forward and i think the appointment this summer, the lack of movement in the transfer market, in retaining players (at the time of writing) and Slav making use of the squad that he has inherited, is indeed giving the club the best chance possible.

100% behind the Board, the Manager and the players to do the job over the season. Mousset for league top scorer, Blades to win the League.

Swizzler, this is a thread about FH, which you say you don’t listen to, but you’ve done seven paragraphs anyway. I do listen, largely for the idiot fans that phone in. Each to his own I suppose 🙂

Apparently used to post in their forum.

Doesn't advertise he's wednesday now probably due to the embarrassment. Just a Seatle Seahawk fam now.
Pretty sure Staton appeared on Soccer AM when the wendies were fans of the week. He's also a massive England fan, as in travels to games.

Yes he has replaced with Rob

Thats another thing that I wasn't a fan of with wilder long before he became a petulant child every single interview he did with that mike he was w@nker towards him bang out of order
Loved wilder at that point but remember thinking.Why are you being an utter prick with this new presenter and deliberately making life hard for him.

Invariably he will always say the word "invariably" our Keith!
(You will hear him say that word all the time now I've pointed it out)

I think he's great personally. He's often wrong but he's not afraid to go down the controversial route every now and then, which I love on the BBC as its usually a bit drab and doesn't reflect real life in the way you have to be very careful what you say on air. You know when someone has said something they shouldn't when there is that awkward pause followed by a "errrrrr right... okay" 🤣

i was listening to bit of 5 live this evening, it was interesting to hear that ex football heaven guy & wilder sworn enemy. mike mccarthy got a promotion. from local radio to national radio
kelly cates "& to take you through the rest of the champions league matches, is mike mccarthy"

Anyone know who this clown called Michael is who seems to call everynight asking for hecky to leave? Thick cunt wanted Gerrard to come in and didnt know he was managing in Saudi. Take your face for a shit Michael, oh and get a voice that sounds like a man, sounds like yer balls are stuck in a vice 👍

Anyone know who this clown called Michael is who seems to call everynight asking for hecky to leave? Thick cunt wanted Gerrard to come in and didnt know he was managing in Saudi. Take your face for a shit Michael, oh and get a voice that sounds like a man, sounds like yer balls are stuck in a vice 👍
I’m assuming you are trying to be ironic by coming down to the level that you appear to be suggesting they are. Would probably be better if you chose your words more carefully? Having said that I’m glad that I don’t have to listen to it!

Back
Top Bottom