Football heaven

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They do! And we love them for it.

It's a media format that focuses solely on football in our region. It might not be everyone's cup of tea (you seem to prefer a different drink yourself) but for those who do, it's an hour of football chat every night. And we love doing it!
Radio Sheffield do a great job, their sports coverage is excellent and Blades Heaven is a really good listen. I concur with others on the phone in, I stopped listening a while ago. The same old repetitive callers saying the same things and picking arguments with one another isn't for me.

I don't know how you attract new callers, the worst thing is the inherent nature of a phone in attracts lifes gob shites and no knows. 😀

I would wager most of the callers on football heaven are of a retired or non working persuasion. It seems you have to book your call on the show, so these familiar voices tend to get in there early.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this categorically isn't true.

We're not even allowed into the phone room until 6pm! So we'd have a job on.
Well (Andy or Rob) i should go and ask your producers of the show,i have been phoned many times between 5.15 and 5.45pm to be asked if i would like to go on the FH show when i was an active participant if i said yes they would call me back during the show

Sorry to burst your bubble....... i DONT make things up ....unlike a cetain caller who requires English speaking lessons..........know worra mean,i fought there was 40 fou.

Just like the internet, forums, and media.

No clicks, no adverts, no money.

Talking/making up bullshit generates money for some.

It's all progress for mankind.
Radio is like the high street, the wrong media for mass attraction. Info is more readily instantly available and selectable than ever before. Why go down the high street to park, walk around in the cold and wet looking for what you want when you can flip on the phone and click it’s ordered and delivered. Same as Football Heaven. If I want to see/hear the latest news on SUFC I can flip the phone and select any number of outlets of info rather than have to sit through an hour of the same old callers saying the same old things and having to hear all about teams and clubs I have no intent in whatsoever.

I tend to listen occassionally now, whereas I'd listen most nights before. Same old callers, Brian the Miller does my head in," You were there Rob, weren't you?, you were there!"jeez!., instant turn off, and the Rawmarsh owl with his Bannan love in😏

Well (Andy or Rob) i should go and ask your producers of the show,i have been phoned many times between 5.15 and 5.45pm to be asked if i would like to go on the FH show when i was an active participant if i said yes they would call me back during the show

Sorry to burst your bubble....... i DONT make things up ....unlike a cetain caller who requires English speaking lessons..........know worra mean,i fought there was 40 fou.

In fairness you said you used to be on the show between 2006 and 2009 and that was 14-17 years ago. This most definitely doesn’t happen now.

.Brian the Blade
.Mark the pitsmoor pillock
.2-1 Ken
.Spireite Tom
.Brian the Miller
.Forgot his name but that Donny fan who always used to wank his sen talking to about the Donny team in the O'Drisscol days.

Have I missed any? Dingles fans etc

In fairness you said you used to be on the show between 2006 and 2009 and that was 14-17 years ago. This most definitely doesn’t happen now.
ChipButtyBlade 's probably recalling the days when Bob Jackson played stirring brass band music to gee up the local teams...hey maybe it's still worth a try?

Used to like Brian the Blade but his calls were often the same, saying how Billy Sharp needs to play every match.

He used to be entertaining sometimes. Seem to remember him once claiming some ITK info about Georges Santos because he knew his window cleaner 🤣

Reactions: Dkc
.Brian the Blade
.2-1 Ken
.Spireite Tom
.Brian the Miller
.Forgot his name but that Donny fan who always used to wank his sen talking to about the Donny team in the O'Drisscol days.

You missed off Paul the Miller!!!
He was dreadful. Always mentioned his disabled son. And often apologised for not calling in as if we all hung on his every word.

ChipButtyBlade 's probably recalling the days when Bob Jackson played stirring brass band music to gee up the local teams...hey maybe it's still worth a try?
Nah it was Paul and Seth with Seth banging Paul's drum with his hockey stick.

Curious FH Team why you still let the self-professed armed robber, ex-con, and general all-round piece of shit Mark the Pitstmoor Owl on your show. Not sure why you'd continue to give him airtime given his history, and his constant twitter rantings celebrating (or at least trying to draw attention to) his criminal history. Surely not the sort of person you want as one of your "main callers" week in week out?

Curious FH Team why you still let the self-professed armed robber, ex-con, and general all-round piece of shit Mark the Pitstmoor Owl on your show. Not sure why you'd continue to give him airtime given his history, and his constant twitter rantings celebrating (or at least trying to draw attention to) his criminal history. Surely not the sort of person you want as one of your "main callers" week in week out?
Nick he goes on about Ranby is known as a nonce/grass haven in jail. Cat C so not where an armed robber would go. FH Team can you clear this up with Mark?

.Brian the Blade
.2-1 Ken
.Spireite Tom
.Brian the Miller

The positive blade I forget his name

I’ve rang up a few times and got into arguments with Nob staton sorry I mean rob staton

Should ex-cons be barred from radio phone ins?

Reactions: Dkc
Sorry to burst your bubble but this categorically isn't true.

We're not even allowed into the phone room until 6pm! So we'd have a job on.
You used to then... maybe not now. Not that there's anything wrong with it, just saying.

these are the very reason I no longer listen

Ian. Eckington Blade, formerly Blackpool Blade. If he got on air three days in a row he used to say exactly the same each night.

Can’t remember the name of the ultra boring pig who would be crying whenever a Blade said how sad he was. Went on talksport and got owned every time.

Ian. Eckington Blade, formerly Blackpool Blade. If he got on air three days in a row he used to say exactly the same each night.

Can’t remember the name of the ultra boring pig who would be crying whenever a Blade said how sad he was. Went on talksport and got owned every time.
Mick the rawmarsh taxi driver

He’s barred himself after the play offs and Darren Moore sacking, he went on a rant about how the station was pro blades etc etc… although he did ring in the other day so maybe he’s “unbarred” himself !

.Brian the Blade
.2-1 Ken
.Spireite Tom
.Brian the Miller

The bit that I always find weird is that

1: A lot of Wednesday fans have different accents to Blades...most tend to have a clear Barnsley twang.
2: Almost every Wednesday caller, talks about how many away fans they took and if they get over 25K for a home match they mention that too.
They must be the most insecure fanbase in England, they are desperate for people to think they are big.
3: Think that's why many Wednesday fans mention the pricing, it's reassures them as an excuse as to why we consistently have bigger attendances.
However their pricing is a red herring. Their season ticket early bird prices are roughly the same price as ours.
When their season tickets went on sale, they were 6 pints clear with a game in hand, so they were bought based on Championship football.
When United season tickets went on sale, we were also looking like we could be playing Championship football.
The SWFC controversy is, if you don't instantly renew, then the price keeps going up and up and up.
However of course all true Owls have already bought their season tickets and paid similar to what we paid.
Their Kop was £10 more than our Kop, our South stand is dealers than their North stand and their South stand is dearer than our South stand.
4: However what is weird is that every Owl rounds up their home support to the nearest 5K
and their away support is always rounded up to the nearest 1 or 2K.

The other day, think it was Friday evening, one old timer Wednesday fan discussed their epic FA cup tie against Arsenal in 1979.
He said even though Wednesday were in the lower divisions there was 40K there against Arsenal.
Thought to myself...they rarely ever got 40K in them days,,,,,checked for the official attendance and it was 33,000.

Last edited:

I still enjoy listening to what is said but that idiot that phoned tonight regarding united and goals must have been a pig

Back
Top Bottom