Football heaven

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Edwards saying we only have one proven striker that can bag goals. This of course discounts Didzy, McBurnie, Brewster, Mousett (unknown) at this level, not Sure it’s fair commenting on a side that will go about their business in a different way this time round I.e. centrally and wide rather than predominantly the latter. We shall have to wait and see.

Edwards saying we only have one proven striker that can bag goals. This of course discounts Didzy, McBurnie, Brewster, Mousett (unknown) at this level, not Sure it’s fair commenting on a side that will go about their business in a different way this time round I.e. centrally and wide rather than predominantly the latter. We shall have to wait and see.
Figures prove him right.!!

As wrong as he is, I can’t criticise him. I saw him play. It’s as simple as that. Like Deano, he was a talisman. He played a huge part in our recovery. For those who aren’t old enough, watching Edwards in the lower leagues was like watching Sharp in L1 under Wilder, you just knew he was far too good for that league. Never took pens, often took corners but was still top scorer in the division. Good free kicks too. He’s a genuine legend, a shining light after some pretty shite times. He’s one of a few players and managers who’ve earned the right to talk bollocks.

Figures prove him right.!!

Totally understand what your saying, not attacking the mans character, and normally I think theirs a lot of credit to be given to what he says. But to say we only have one goal scorer is a bit over the top, Billy had a shit season in the championship back in 2014-15 aged 28, making 33 appearances and only bagging 5 times. He hasnt always played particularly well at Sheffield United in his spells. But then he goes on to scoring bucket loads in league one and the championship in system that suited him with the belief of fans behind him.

One bad season in the premier league for a team playing defensive football that created next to nothing for a lad at 20 and 24 isnt the end of the world, these lads aren’t pick it up and take on a team world class footballers because if they were they wouldn’t be at United. When you consider what the figures show for this division both Brewster and McBurnie at this level score one every other game, that’s before we add in Didzy’s 15 goals last time out and the unknown entity that is mousset who when fit (if ever) has got to be up their as the best finisher in the squad.

Some of the podcasts I’ve listened to are saying we have the best goalkeeper, midfielder and most potent arrangement of strikers in the division but then predict us to finish 5th. Either people aren’t happy about wilder not being here or they have been listening to hull fans about us being window smashing knuckle draggers and don’t like us.

Last edited:

As wrong as he is, I can’t criticise him. I saw him play. It’s as simple as that. Like Deano, he was a talisman. He played a huge part in our recovery. For those who aren’t old enough, watching Edwards in the lower leagues was like watching Sharp in L1 under Wilder, you just knew he was far too good for that league. Never took pens, often took corners but was still top scorer in the division. Good free kicks too. He’s a genuine legend, a shining light after some pretty shite times. He’s one of a few players and managers who’ve earned the right to talk bollocks.
Well said ,anyone badmouthing King Keith is a cock

I’ll never turn on Edwards because he remains the best finisher I have ever seen play for the Blades. His comments are a mixed bag though. The continued Wilder love-in is a wearing a bit thin though. Yes, we had some great times but last season was nothing short of a disgrace - and he did more or less walk out on the club.

I’ll never turn on Edwards because he remains the best finisher I have ever seen play for the Blades. His comments are a mixed bag though. The continued Wilder love-in is a wearing a bit thin though. Yes, we had some great times but last season was nothing short of a disgrace - and he did more or less walk out on the club.
I think Chris had a mental breakdown if I am honest, I love the guy personally .

keith was a great finisher albeit not in the top flight and use to love the way he dealt with that idiot piggy pearson on derby days but think hes forgetting were not playing at premier league level now these guys have proved they can score in the championship

I think Chris had a mental breakdown if I am honest, I love the guy personally .

Yes, absolutely, he suffered a breakdown, very sad, and hope he can get his head back together.

When things were going so well in our first season in the Premier League, I remember a thread listing all the unbelievable events that could happen that would ruin it.

There were some truly spectacular events like the "Sun will expand and blow up five billion years earlier than expected" and "Aliens invade and declare interstellar war"

And then there was "Killer disease wipes out humanity" and "Wilder gets cloned and whisked off to a parallel universe leaving us with the clone who knows fuck all about football"

We know one of them did happen, which is why I know damn well that nothing really fantastic will ever happen to this club, not for a decent period of time anyway.

Next time somebody comes along that drags us by our scruffy arses up to a certain level maybe the Sun will blow up, or maybe Aliens will invade.

But there'll be something, you can bet your life on it

In what way is Sharp our only proven goalscorer?
We have another 3 strikers who got double figures the last time they were at this level. I don't think any club in the league has a batch of strikers with as good a record at this level.

If that thick fossil is commenting on our games again this season then if I’m driving anywhere when United are playing I’ll stick Radio 2 on
Don't leave it until 8.00 this Saturday night to go and fetch that bag of commas and full stops from the 24hr Tesco then, if you don't like heavy rock. 🤘

Yes, absolutely, he suffered a breakdown, very sad, and hope he can get his head back together.

When things were going so well in our first season in the Premier League, I remember a thread listing all the unbelievable events that could happen that would ruin it.

There were some truly spectacular events like the "Sun will expand and blow up five billion years earlier than expected" and "Aliens invade and declare interstellar war"

And then there was "Killer disease wipes out humanity" and "Wilder gets cloned and whisked off to a parallel universe leaving us with the clone who knows fuck all about football"

We know one of them did happen, which is why I know damn well that nothing really fantastic will ever happen to this club, not for a decent period of time anyway.

Next time somebody comes along that drags us by our scruffy arses up to a certain level maybe the Sun will blow up, or maybe Aliens will invade.

But there'll be something, you can bet your life on it
If we ever challenge for Europe, I will be worried more than excited 🤣

Back
Top Bottom