Football heaven

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I tend to listen occassionally now, whereas I'd listen most nights before. Same old callers, Brian the Miller does my head in," You were there Rob, weren't you?, you were there!"jeez!., instant turn off, and the Rawmarsh owl with his Bannan love in😏
Same here, I'm afraid it's well past it's sell by date and needs binning or just on for after match reaction. How they thought it's a good Idea to increase it to 2 hours is beyond me.

Same here, I'm afraid it's well past it's sell by date and needs binning or just on for after match reaction. How they thought it's a good Idea to increase it to 2 hours is beyond me.

Well, we don't expect to appeal to everyone. But plenty of people do enjoy it -- and if we binned off everything that wasn't universally liked by everyone, there'd be no TV, radio, internet, sport or anything else 😂

The bit that I always find weird is that

1: A lot of Wednesday fans have different accents to Blades...most tend to have a clear Barnsley twang.
2: Almost every Wednesday caller, talks about how many away fans they took and if they get over 25K for a home match they mention that too.
They must be the most insecure fanbase in England, they are desperate for people to think they are big.
3: Think that's why many Wednesday fans mention the pricing, it's reassures them as an excuse as to why we consistently have bigger attendances.
However their pricing is a red herring. Their season ticket early bird prices are roughly the same price as ours.
When their season tickets went on sale, they were 6 pints clear with a game in hand, so they were bought based on Championship football.
When United season tickets went on sale, we were also looking like we could be playing Championship football.
The SWFC controversy is, if you don't instantly renew, then the price keeps going up and up and up.
However of course all true Owls have already bought their season tickets and paid similar to what we paid.
Their Kop was £10 more than our Kop, our South stand is dealers than their North stand and their South stand is dearer than our South stand.
4: However what is weird is that every Owl rounds up their home support to the nearest 5K
and their away support is always rounded up to the nearest 1 or 2K.

The other day, think it was Friday evening, one old timer Wednesday fan discussed their epic FA cup tie against Arsenal in 1979.
He said even though Wednesday were in the lower divisions there was 40K there against Arsenal.
Thought to myself...they rarely ever got 40K in them days,,,,,checked for the official attendance and it was 33,000.
Im glad I'm not the only one who's picked up on wed fans accent being a bit barnsley, iv said this for years, obviously it's because it's just up road also iv noticed a lot of people who come from the surrounding area act like wed fans, like to be heard, all about the past n what their gunna do, suddenly go quiet when stubbed out etc, I think it's more the area as opposed to wed fans acting this way

Listen to me, Michael made himself sound like a pillock. he is a turncoat, Hecky was the best manager at the start of this season. now we are struggling as expected by the way. he now wants Hecky out. Who can do any better with the best players sold. minimal budget to work with. you should be asking the Poundland prince to sell up and get out now. the mess we are in is down to that prince. the next time you come on the radio get your Brain in gear and talk sense not rubbish.

I usually listen to it the following morning on BBC Sounds. It passes an hour or so of an otherwise tedious day. If it ever gets binned I hope the podcasts and stuff continue.

You know when you're stood at the bar getting the post-match sesh going , the random alongside starts chatting about the match and it's all nonsense so you just agree , gather up your beverages and exit sharpish?

That's FH that is.

You know when you're stood at the bar getting the post-match sesh going , the random alongside starts chatting about the match and it's all nonsense so you just agree , gather up your beverages and exit sharpish?

That's FH that is.

Especially when said idiot starts filming the responses outside

Curious FH Team why you still let the self-professed armed robber, ex-con, and general all-round piece of shit Mark the Pitstmoor Owl on your show. Not sure why you'd continue to give him airtime given his history, and his constant twitter rantings celebrating (or at least trying to draw attention to) his criminal history. Surely not the sort of person you want as one of your "main callers" week in week out?
Its strange that this hasn't had any response from 'FH Team', although not surprising. Not when u consider the fact that his ex partner contacted the show after numerous calls from him when he first started calling. She phoned to tell them about the distress just hearing his voice caused her and the embarrassment/distress it caused her 2 daughters. She also asked the FH hosts how they thought the victim(s) of his crime(s) probably felt hearing him on the radio almost every night. As far as I know her enquiry was totally ignored and they carried on giving him the spotlight/airtime he craves (even going to the extent of them calling him on the odd time he hadn't phoned in himself, thats according to pitsmoor pig himself). My missus knows his ex really well and this info came from her herself.

Its strange that this hasn't had any response from 'FH Team', although not surprising. Not when u consider the fact that his ex partner contacted the show after numerous calls from him when he first started calling. She phoned to tell them about the distress just hearing his voice caused her and the embarrassment/distress it caused her 2 daughters. She also asked the FH hosts how they thought the victim(s) of his crime(s) probably felt hearing him on the radio almost every night. As far as I know her enquiry was totally ignored and they carried on giving him the spotlight/airtime he craves (even going to the extent of them calling him on the odd time he hadn't phoned in himself, thats according to pitsmoor pig himself). My missus knows his ex really well and this info came from her herself.
He openly called for a pitch invasion for the 2nd PO semi. He was soon back on air.

I will tell you why 2 out of 3 of the FH team are full weight smug gits

I like FH, passes many an hour up and down the motorway or in a foreign hotel.
Yes some callers are cringeworthy but others show a good depth of knowledge and the hosts each bring their own approach.
A bit like the Green Un I would really miss it if it wasn’t on.
Theres better ways to pass an hour in foreign hotels pal

I still enjoy listening to what is said but that idiot that phoned tonight regarding united and goals must have been a pig
Was he the guy that hung up when the presenter asked him a couple of wuestions. Sharp as a butter knife.

I won't listen to a show who's flagship caller is a convict.

He stopped calling in months ago " to giv uvvers a chance ".

FH should get him on to sing his post Rovrum song live on air, It's a chart topper dropper.

Going back to just an hour coverage from Monday. Another bbc cut back

Going back to just an hour coverage from Monday. Another bbc cut back

I only tune in a few times per month these days, but 2 hours seems too long to me. I think 60 mins is about right, but more regular listeners might disagree.

Gave up on FH & Praise & Grumble years ago … as soon they say have you been today & the reply is no but … you know they are part / no timers bellends who haven’t got a fkg clue but want some attention because there Missus hen pecks them

Obviously got their heads together on Tuesday to decide which way they were going to spin the outcome on their programme,and came up with Arsenal were so brilliant there was nothing that could be done about it.
Their glossing over of the events and non criticism of any involved was soon put right by a Blade and even the Chesterfield caller,despite efforts to shout them down to continue their narrative.

Yes Arsenal were good BUT we showed more fight when we played the likes of Man City, Man U and even Liverpool at home.
Last night we were defeated at the kick off.

Yes Arsenal were good BUT we showed more fight when we played the likes of Man City, Man U and even Liverpool at home.
Last night we were defeated at the kick off.
Well,if that was a horse race there would have been a stewards enquiry over non trier's,and given that the title could be decided on goal difference,Pep and Klopp watching that would not be best pleased.
Pep can't do anything to take it out on us now,but Klopp can,and I have no doubt that double figures will be on his mind in a few weeks time

Well,if that was a horse race there would have been a stewards enquiry over non trier's,and given that the title could be decided on goal difference,Pep and Klopp watching that would not be best pleased.
Pep can't do anything to take it out on us now,but Klopp can,and I have no doubt that double figures will be on his mind in a few weeks time
And who would bet against the double figure scoreline v Liverpool.
Salah and co may well be available at that time ...💥shudders 💥

It was an uncomfortable listen. Sincere fans phoning in with their views (including a Chessie fan who talked sense) and listen to the RS 'pundits' shout them down in a bullying fashion.

Wilder came out scot free. No mention about his dreadful starting formation.

And who would bet against the double figure scoreline v Liverpool.
Salah and co may well be available at that time ...💥shudders 💥
There seems to an undercurrent of animosity between us and Liverpool going back decades,through Warnock to Gerrard and I don't think there's any love lost either way between Wilder and Klopp

Obviously got their heads together on Tuesday to decide which way they were going to spin the outcome on their programme,and came up with Arsenal were so brilliant there was nothing that could be done about it.
Their glossing over of the events and non criticism of any involved was soon put right by a Blade and even the Chesterfield caller,despite efforts to shout them down to continue their narrative.
Are they deliberately talking crap to get callers to call, I must admit I get tempted these days with some of the crap they come with, staton said effort isn't enough as if it's fine to give up Scott free while Giddins said heckinbottom shouldn't have got the sack ffs

Back
Top Bottom