Outgoing? Fleck to Dean Court?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wilder: What did you think to the game Eddie?
Eddie Howe: Chris, I like the look of Fleck, he's quality. So was Brooks.
Wilder: Yeah they're good players, Brooksy is one for the future and John was Qualiteh last year.
Eddie: So how much for the pair? We have loads of cash and we're Premier League. I'm sure Mr McCabe would like to talk, he was very friendly during the Ramsdale deal.
Wilder: I like you Eddie, but fuck off. I will batter you if you go near the pair of them. Now get me a beer.
Eddie: San Miguel ok mate?
Wilder: Peroni kid. It makes me appeh

No price whatsoever should be put on Fleck, we won't be able to replace him for the league we're in no matter what price we get, he's that good.

If we want to eventually get to the Prem then you have to keep players like Fleck and do whatever it takes to keep them. It's called being ambitious.

I think club idiot would sell him for £2.5/3 million.We'd never get £5 million for him. He's not young and he's only done it in League 1.

It's ok. No one believes any of our players are good enough for the Championship, never mind the Premiership. (Except some of us of course). This time next year will be the time to start worrying about losing our best players.

Is this the point at which we feel confident that Fleck and Cotts will be more than good enough to hold their own as a central pair in a midfield in the Championship?

(should we hold onto them)

He's 24/25? According to experts they don't peak till 28.

Almost 26. Not saying he won't be or be as good in this league. Just saying that he's unlikely to attract a huge fee without proving himself first.

Deli Alli was 18/9 when Spurs paid £5 million for him and gave him a 5.5 year deal. Different situation with Fleck. I would be surprised if any Premiership team came in for him at the moment. He needs to play but very unlikely to start in that division.

I would think it is more likely that someone like Villa would be interested in him. We could probably get a better fee in that case, as we can play hardball.

It's ok. No one believes any of our players are good enough for the Championship, never mind the Premiership. (Except some of us of course). This time next year will be the time to start worrying about losing our best players.
That's right - or January. Keep the Walker money as back up to offer new contracts to our best performers in January who might otherwise be pursuaded that an extra 20K a week is worthwhile if another club come knocking !

Rams dale will already of texted him about their interest in him and brooks!

no dont be stupid, we will announce the deal as 500k, saying we couldnt stand in his way, where as we will actually recieve 34 million. which mccabe will hide under his bed, just thought id save jj and coolhand the bother

I've never said McCabe hides money under his bed
£500,000 just sounds about right in Sheffield United land that's all

Any club wants a good player for about a quarter of his value they all know where to call

We need to get perspective here guys! Yes Fleck is quality but I doubt very much that we're about to receive an imminent bid from Malaga or Bournemouth ~(who'd have ever thought you'd have them in the same sentence!) based on yesterday's game. Both clubs need proven top quality players to improve their squads or ones for the future. Both are in the market to buy players for millions. Bournemouth do have some cheaper players from the lower leagues but they came up through the leagues with them and if Eddie Howe thought Fleck was impressive yesterday I'm sure he'll have just made a mental note - at most - of how he played.

As for Fleck generally, most teams at the Championship or the Prem will wait to see how he and any of our players do at this higher level first before bidding. Brooks is the exception because, like DCL, someone might take a punt on him as one for the future.

Let's be right if Bournemouth or anyone came in and offered to put Fleck on £45k a week he is going to want to leave.

Bournemouth will be targeting top 10 prem, maybe 6/7th for a European spot...
would be a big gamble to take a lad who has had 1 good season in div3 and expect him to push for a place in a team Wiltshire couldn't get in towards the end of last season. If he plays well between now and Xmas a JTW bid may come in, but hopefully were looking good and we can push him to give us the rest of the season.
but... He isn't a blade by birth, and if B'mouth come in with a bid of £40k pw - 8x his current salary?? Offering him a place in an established prem team, should we stand in his way? And that's a serious question- loyalty aside, he knocks on the door and says "love it here, love you and the fans, but I'm not you, I'm not Billy id only been to BDTBL 3 times in my life before this time last year,this is my job, career. I can earn 8 or more times and play at the top level, would you begrudge a lad wanting to do that?"*

*contracts are worth fuck all, no one wants a player who has mentally checked out.

Almost 26. Not saying he won't be or be as good in this league. Just saying that he's unlikely to attract a huge fee without proving himself first.

Deli Alli was 18/9 when Spurs paid £5 million for him and gave him a 5.5 year deal. Different situation with Fleck. I would be surprised if any Premiership team came in for him at the moment. He needs to play but very unlikely to start in that division.

I would think it is more likely that someone like Villa would be interested in him. We could probably get a better fee in that case, as we can play hardball.

We have to value him on how important he is to us, imo he's one if not the main player. We lose him and we would be missing a key player in midfield and I would be slightly worried.

I would be more inclined to think Eddie Howe will have watched most of the game to take a look at Brooks.

Brooks is the buzz word currently, with reports around that a host of Prem clubs are sniffing not just Everton

We have to value him on how important he is to us, imo he's one if not the main player. We lose him and we would be missing a key player in midfield and I would be slightly worried.

I completely agree, but that's not how our Chairman works.

If we had a Premiership bid (from a team like Bournemouth), we'd likely have to sell. It would be a case on ensuring that the price is right.

I cannot believe any premier league team would be interested in fleck at the moment, he has been around for a few years and clubs are aware if him, a good season in the Championship and maybe but I would still not be sure, they know how good he is likely to be, it's more the up and coming, young, unheard of generally, not overly worried about fleck going but Brooks? More of a possibility in my view

If and when Leonard signs,where will he fit in??
It's been a big old tussle to turn his head.
Will he be happy coming as a benchwarmer? ?

Let's be right if Bournemouth or anyone came in and offered to put Fleck on £45k a week he is going to want to leave.
You've got a very distorted view of value! £45k a week? For a player that was given a free by a League 1 club a year ago? Ridiculous!

If he's our star player a year from now a club may offer half of that, at most.

Wilder: What did you think to the game Eddie?
Eddie Howe: Chris, I like the look of Fleck, he's quality. So was Brooks.
Wilder: Yeah they're good players, Brooksy is one for the future and John was Qualiteh last year.
Eddie: So how much for the pair? We have loads of cash and we're Premier League. I'm sure Mr McCabe would like to talk, he was very friendly during the Ramsdale deal.
Wilder: I like you Eddie, but fuck off. I will batter you if you go near the pair of them. Now get me a beer.
Eddie: San Miguel ok mate?
Wilder: Peroni kid. It makes me appeh

10 minutes later...

In strolls Kevin McCabe. Takes Eddie Howe to one side...

"Here Eddie, I heard you want to do a bit of shopping. Let my take you out to lunch tomorrow. I know a cracking spot near BTL's gaff."

Tbc.....

Prem manager in Spain for 10 days working.

Two teams playing in vicinity. Think I'll watch rather than more tapas.

Cue speculation time !

Imo the amount of cash rolling in the Prem makes it less likely he'd go there.

They have enough cash to go for proven international quality while picking up youth players as cheeky punts (dcl / ramsdale) with no risk. Think it's unlikely they'd go for anyone not quite proven in the championship (yet.)

The biggest worry imo is if someone minted in this league comes calling. Someone like villa could offer 6-7m and offer to double wages. Imo that's where the bigger risk lies at the mo - be hard to compete against that despite the level of football remaining the same.

Hasn't Wilder said he's looking to bring another four or five in? On top of what we've already signed? They can't all play and they can't all be squad players. My fear is that CW is already planning for players leaving.

Hasn't Wilder said he's looking to bring another four or five in? On top of what we've already signed? They can't all play and they can't all be squad players. My fear is that CW is already planning for players leaving.

If he's looking for cover in every position then he needs another four or five. IF that's his plan, it's no wonder we're looking at the lower end of the market because of the potential wage bill.

My fear is for a manager not planning for any players leaving.

When Che left and then DCL left, I vaguely recall McCabe saying something on the lines of it being impossible to keep youngsters/talent when their heads had been turned by higher clubs, but that would stop once we were back in the Championship. Let's hope this wasn't just BS.

Back
Top Bottom