Fallowfields transfer take

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

You literally mentioned Wilder.

In the second season they were all flops (maybe not Didzy) until PH came in.

I love Chris Wilder and what he did but to claim he wasn’t backed by the prince is absolute nonsense.

He was backed by the prince i havent said he wasnt

I said the reason he left was because going forward he said that the first season down there would be no permenenet signings hence the fall out and wilder leaving

The prince has literally said this on the United way podcast when they have had him on

Probably something incoherent, with the words "Prince Out" and "praise Wilder" in there somewhere, while he lambasts Anel for being wank and unknown

For the championship he was a top signing half proven in france

Anel still isnt proven at prem level , our fans have built him up to be the next Maldini and John stones

Same goes for ndiaye top players but they arent prem proven

Didn't Wilder bring Mitchell to the club🤔

He did but I dont think its any secret that Wilder was pretty reluctant to look abroad for signings.

The ones he did bring in, particularly the loan signings, didnt seem to get much of a look in that first Premier League season.

I’ve seen both regarding Traore but obviously we want permenants

Do we? A loan with an option to buy seems like a good compromise in our current financial situation.
If the club had walked away from the Brewster deal when a loan was ruled out we would be in a better financial position today.

Do we? A loan with an option to buy seems like a good compromise in our current financial situation.
If the club had walked away from the Brewster deal when a loan was ruled out we would be in a better financial position today.

current financial situation

We have just recieved £170 million pound but cant afford to pay £3/4 million on a striker

The prince has brainwashed this fan base absolouteley crackers

I actually partially agree here.

Its difficult to assess how good they really are. They could turn out to be great signings or distinctly average.
We've got to hope that the scouting really is working. Other clubs manage it but they don't sign ALL their players from leagues such as this.

Seems this is the policy though. I think the board feel this is the way to go.
Presumably because it's cheaper.
I agree with all you have said, and I would only add that the management and coaching team had a significant and positive impact on players who arrived a year ago, especially the the youngsters.

Because we cant afford to spend that ammount on a proven top5 league player of which ampadu is

You're a funny little chap, aren't you?

And when i say cant afford i mean the prince has pocketed the prem money

Got any evidence or data to support that crock of shit statement?

pommpey

There Is a direct correlation between the ammount you spend and the quality of players signed , not always but there is

The more you spend the better the player is

That’s a Fallowfield Fact
"direct correlation" - ok. Using your own logic, how did Chelsea get on last year with the amount they spent?

"the more you spend the better the player" - isn't true either. Because Leicester spent peanuts on both Mahrez & Kante. Look how they've turned out. Whereas, United spent £85M on Sancho & he's been woeful. Arsenal spent £72M on Pepe, who they loaned out last year & want rid off.
Because we cant afford to spend that ammount on a proven top5 league player of which ampadu is

And when i say cant afford i mean the prince has pocketed the prem money
Also, whilst Ampadu has played in some good leagues, Prem with us & Serie A with Spezia. He's hardly been impressive at any instance...

I’m not saying it’s not a good idea to try and sign those players but finding those is like a needle in a hay stack

Don’t be so ridiculous they’d never let someone like you in Harrods
If you don't even look at the haystack then you'll never find a needle, young padawan.

And I rarely do my own shopping. I have staff for that.

Youv'e literally just agreed with me

The prince is doing similar to what the glazers have done but using the TV money instead
The difference between us and Manchester United is something that will never change in our life times , they will always be bigger & more successful as a club than us and will therefore be in a position to never have to worry no matter how much debt they have
They can afford the debt they carry , we couldn’t and that’s were I check out of this conversation
I’ll agree to disagree

For the championship he was a top signing half proven in france

Anel still isnt proven at prem level , our fans have built him up to be the next Maldini and John stones

Same goes for ndiaye top players but they arent prem proven
Who is premiership proven , until they play in it

You're a funny little chap, aren't you?

Got any evidence or data to support that crock of shit statement?

pommpey

Its common sense portsmouth the bloke had to remortgage his house to fund the club s day to day running so where on earth is he going to find the reports £50+ millon to buy the club & property assets

I know theres a brain in there somehwre portsmouth you didnt get promoted to chief potato peeler on the HMS Portsmouth for no reason , if your struggling ask your good friend DJ BALD KENNETH

If you don't even look at the haystack then you'll never find a needle, young padawan.

And I rarely do my own shopping. I have staff for that.

You are bang on of course we should be looking in these leagues

But to spend such a small ammount what £10 Mill on 4/5 players and base your entire transfer windown on it is crackers

Im sure youtube pays well Shoreham

Ampadu has been proven in a top 5 league and has been proven at international level

Hence his value and the players we are agreed value

These players have not , of course that doesn’t mean they won’t be but they aren’t proven
Expensive doesn't automatically make something good or worth it.
Proven doesn't automatically mean proven to be good.
Ampadu has proven to be completely nesh in a top 5 league and at international level, he's proven that he's equally as good in every position he's played (shit everywhere), he's the perfect example of not just buying something because it has a big price tag on it.

I'd take someone with potential rather than wasting money on someone who is proven to not be up to the job.

We didn't just get £170m the other week either, they didn't just drop a lump sum on the prince's doorstep and he took £150m for himself.
Ideally we'd have a bigger budget, but spending cash we don't have and bankrupting the club would be stupider than trying to make do with moderate spending.

You are bang on of course we should be looking in these leagues

But to spend such a small ammount what £10 Mill on 4/5 players and base your entire transfer windown on it is crackers

Im sure youtube pays well Shoreham
I don't need YouTube for money, I'm loaded.

Why is it though? It gives us players we need, and fills in obvious gaps with players that can prove themselves?

You still haven't offered any suggestions other than "SpEnD"

The Prince doesn’t have enough money to run a club of our stature. Everyone knows this. It doesn’t make him a bad person and it doesn’t justify the constant sniping. He’s not stealing from the club and he’s not pocketing any of the TV or transfer money. I think he would spend more if he had it. I hope he can find a buyer soon with more resources to put into the club.

I’d like us to be spending more on new players this summer. I think the ones we’re signing at gambles but I’m excited to see how they develop. We will probably be in a relegation fight but we could spend five, six, seven times what we’re spending and still go down.

Its common sense portsmouth the bloke had to remortgage his house to fund the club s day to day running so where on earth is he going to find the reports £50+ millon to buy the club & property assets

I know theres a brain in there somehwre portsmouth you didnt get promoted to chief potato peeler on the HMS Portsmouth for no reason , if your struggling ask your good friend DJ BALD KENNETH

You're a funny little chap. You really are.

pommpey

You're a funny little chap. You really are.

pommpey

Almost as funny as someone who

1) Tells everyone what they can and cant post
2) Colludes to get other members banned
3) Pretends to know other forum members identities as they are getting so many rings run around them

But lets no go there pomps

The Prince doesn’t have enough money to run a club of our stature. Everyone knows this. It doesn’t make him a bad person and it doesn’t justify the constant sniping. He’s not stealing from the club and he’s not pocketing any of the TV or transfer money. I think he would spend more if he had it. I hope he can find a buyer soon with more resources to put into the club.

I’d like us to be spending more on new players this summer. I think the ones we’re signing at gambles but I’m excited to see how they develop. We will probably be in a relegation fight but we could spend five, six, seven times what we’re spending and still go down.

I agree with all of that , i think he would spend more if he had it but he doesnt as its gone on his purchase of the clubs assetts

Hopefully they are gems , but i just cant get excited when we are spending so little

We are doing what norwich did the other year but they did that to fund a full training ground which you can sort of justify as it sets them up for 50/60 years

Why is it though? It gives us players we need, and fills in obvious gaps with players that can prove themselves?

You still haven't offered any suggestions other than "SpEnD"

We need to improve every area of the side with players who will walk into the starting 11 and thats not taking into account doyle and macca

We need to improve every area of the side with players who will walk into the starting 11 and thats not taking into account doyle and macca
I tell you what - I like who we've signed, I think we're strengthening and we still have more players to come in, but I'll play along with you.

We have a £50mil budget now. We haven't signed anyone, and you can bring in whoever you want within those budget constraints - who are you bringing in?

Delusion?,
There’s no delusion left for anybody else cos thaas ad it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom