Ex- players at match today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Silent Blade

Reaction score
Kingy (who was my ears when Gary Sinclair announced each players on the pitch) didnt get all the names. Can you please add the ones we missed out.The overzealous stewards wouldnt let me get into Gangway D to have a closer look at the players as my seat is at Gangway G

Alan Birchenall
TC
Bill Dearden
Keith Edwards
Fred Furniss
Colin Collindridge
Eddie Colquhoun
Tony Agana
Ian Bryson
Simon Tracey
Geoff Salmons
Glyn Hodges
Mick Speight
Paul Tomlinson
Tommy Hoyland
John Hope (Kingy didnt hear his name but I saw a photo of him with Colquhoun in one of the Twitter accounts)
Alan Hodgkinson
Tony Wagstaff
Ken Mallender
Len Badger
Ted Hemsley
Paul Garner

I came in late but I'm pretty sure I saw Georges Santos.

Ooh, Mike Trusson too.

No Woody, what a shame he couldn't make it across the pond.

A lot of my all time heroes especially the great 70s side.

I must admit it was heartbreaking to see how much Eddie is suffering with his mobility. The heartbeat of that fantastic side.

Also, am I right no Mick Jones, why not ?

Didn't see Dane Whitehouse. Mitch Ward was there, so was Jean Philippe Javary, oddly enough.

Sid was there, towards the back with Bradders and Wardy.

The Chief
Neil Shipperley
Foulkes' grandson

Will run through the list in a bit and try and remember... Did I see Leigh Bromby too?

Bernard Shaw was there plus family for Graham and Joe

Cheers for the additions. Who were the two very elderly Blades that were with Colin Collindridge and Fred Furniss near the players tunnel not long before the rest of the players came over from the JS/Kop corner? Kingy couldnt catch their names

Richard Cresswell

Didn't see Dane Whitehouse. Mitch Ward was there, so was Jean Philippe Javary, oddly enough.

JP Javary and Santos were sat in front of me at the Gillingham game back in November - I got the impression they'd been to a few games at the Lane this season, and Santos certainly still lives in the area.

Graham Shaw's wife, Beryl, was there.
Dave Bassett was in director's box.
Derek Geary
George Santos
Carl Asaba

Who was the first old fella of the three they introduced before the later ones? He was throwing his walking stick around towards the SS and got applause from all sides of the ground. Was great to see.

Steve Charles was also there.

I don't think I heard Colin Morris - I hope he was invited but couldn't make it. He's in our top 20 all-time scorers.

Paddy Buckley struggling to walk. Would love to have seen one of our greatest ever players here as well Woody.

I didn't see Dane Whitehouse, which was odd, anyone know if a) I was mistaken or b) why he wasn't there?

Paddy Buckley struggling to walk. Would love to have seen one of our greatest ever players here as well Woody.
I was shocked by Paddy's obvious mobility difficulties. Having played against the bloke on several occasions, it was a shame to see him like that. (Mind you he'd probably think the same about me!)

Colin Morris lives (or at least did) moved from Driffield to Spain quite a few years ago with his wife. Think they opened a bar. I was good friends with their son Mark (Lee's brother - knew Lee quite well too - he is now coaching at Derby's academy and also plays for Buxton.

It was hard for some to get back as of course many have work commitments on a Saturday and some still play/coach! (eg Alan Kelly- PNE coach, Michael Brown - Leeds, Stuart McCall - Motherwell ). I know Paul Stancliffe only could make it last moment (DRFC youth coach). Sure people like Brian Deane, Peter Beagrie, Jan Fjortoft would have loved to have been there.

I was shocked by Paddy's obvious mobility difficulties. Having played against the bloke on several occasions, it was a shame to see him like that. (Mind you he'd probably think the same about me!)

Never saw him play LSF but recognised his face. Not really a success at United I believe, any idea where went after us ?.

Back
Top Bottom