Eoin Doyle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well, I believe competitive professional football is about achieving promotion to the highest level possible. The vast majority of people agree with that. People vote with their feet, the world over. Theirs and my earth is clearly round.

Perhaps our academy can survive in it's own world, flat or not. But we should afford it the same loyalty as its' products do in return - none at all.

UTB

Selling Blackman was certainly a mistake in retrospect, but losing Miller when he was scoring regularly was as big a blow. I could see the argument that getting Robson in would re-balance the side, but his legs had gone and it proved a total failure.

Over the years, every time we've sold a big player, it's cost us dearly. We just don't ever seem to be able to replace them adequately. In my time that's happened from Deane through to Harry Maguire.

I accept we're a selling club, but then so are many others. Why is our recruitment letting us down?

Some quite unfair comments on Higdon here. Similar to ones written about Basham earlier in the season.
Along with Quinny , when his corners wouldn't beat the first man , or Flynn two seasons ago , or Smurfs at the start of last season ,
Or even super sub Macnuts , at the start of this season or our FA cup hero porter ok I'll stop there .
Sorry to sound like Pinchy but it's the blades way

Along with Quinny , when his corners wouldn't beat the first man , or Flynn two seasons ago , or Smurfs at the start of last season ,
Or even super sub Macnuts , at the start of this season or our FA cup hero porter ok I'll stop there .
Sorry to sound like Pinchy but it's the blades way

Sorry? SORRY?? SORRY!!!!!!????
:)

I don't think he did, you know. There are far better Stattos on here than me, but I recall the much-maligned Dave Kitson (at least twice the striker Blackman will ever be) being fouled for at least two under my nose at the Kop end, and maybe one at Doncaster? Blackman, on the other hand, draws....well, a blank.

We did very well to get good money for him. It will be the largest transfer fee of his career.

And replacing him with Poleon and Forte was so successful!

Over the years, every time we've sold a big player, it's cost us dearly. We just don't ever seem to be able to replace them adequately. In my time that's happened from Deane through to Harry Maguire

Don't sell so quick is the big lesson they've never learned.

Sell high. Buy Low
down and down and down you go
can't score goals
don't let it worry ya
got 3 bids in since December

We're going up but on the cheap
Your faith in us is a giant leap
but come the play offs we will be flying
prince and phippsy cant stop buying
brayford and coady in the team
wake me up its all a dream

No fit strikers it's down to pens
time for us to make amends
were gonna put this jinx to bed
it's destiny blades
up steps ched

That's a pretty heavy hint that we're looking for a CM though, and quite rightly. I think the time has come to say "thanks for everything, mate" to our captain.

And young Stefan.

Not read much of this thread, but this lad would be just what we need.

Just watched Chezzy today and he's quality. worked his socks off, dropped off, played out wide, through the Middle, holding the ball up, off the shoulder of the last man and didn't give the ball away.

Looked quality

I'd sign him 1st jan!

Not read much of this thread, but this lad would be just what we need.

Just watched Chezzy today and he's quality. worked his socks off, dropped off, played out wide, through the Middle, holding the ball up, off the shoulder of the last man and didn't give the ball away.

Looked quality

I'd sign him 1st jan!
Pity you're not signing the cheques then

The problem with signing Doyle is, would he cut it at SUFC? Wasn't Akinbiyi the league's top scorer when we signed him? He only scored three for us, although one of them was, of course, one we all remember him for. It doesn't always follow that someone's success follows them to a new club. On the other side of the coin, none of us knew that Evans would turn out to be almost in a league of his own, with regards to goal scoring, and that including missinng the opening games through injury and the last through prison.

Looked quality

I'd sign him 1st jan!

You can't. Window not open until 3rd Jan.
NC stated you have to register players for FA Cup by 2nd Jan - WTF?
He stated there's no point singing a player until the 10th Jan (Preston game)

I'm not going to get too excited about this JTW. It's the wrong time to do any sensible business. If we are to push the boat out it will be a sure sign of panic - pretty much where we are though as by tomorrow 17:00 we will not be in the play off places.

We're going to do fuck all in January which involves any money. Any players that we don't get will be put down to the fact that Clough treats the money as though it's his own, well apart from if the player is called Conor Sammon.

To be honest mate the dean/fjortoft was one I'd never get over but more recently I said if walker and naughton went I wouldn't go to the lane all season- I followed that up by saying if killa left too then I'd never go again...
I stuck to neither
think yourself lucky I was there when we sold our Lord God TC and sabella ( now thinking about a change of manager what better candidate ,????)
;)

got this 'sheffield united complete record' book for xmas and fascinating it is.. the thing that jumps out are the number of bits that say something along the lines of 'united doing well but then sold star player..{insert name here}.. it's been going on for a century

Been told by someone who knows his agent that we could get him for £400k.

Funnily enough the QPR fan writing on who they should get in the Observer wants them to sign Eoin Doyle.

Surely he's well below Prem quality, even for that rabble?

Alan Biggs on Twitter:

Be interesting to see if/ how #sufc follow through their interest in Eoin Doyle. Might even have tested the water already from what I hear.

The point was we had nothing coming through, nothing lined up, and nobody else even looking like scoring ( presumably academy fans were waxing lyrical about the totally useless Ironside at the time). It wasn't a casual bit of reasonable business, it was our best chance of promotion cast away.

If you take away the situation and let the mist of time blur the reality of that time then I can agree, the fee for Blackman was fair value.

I stand by the point that there's a fair few determined not to admit that they got it wrong.

UTB

Stop having a pop at Joe Alco, he's got a job on his hands trying to help Hartlepool stay in the football league, and his goals will be vital to them.;)

Don't sell so quick is the big lesson they've never learned.

Stack em high and sell 'em low. Boots Bargain basement couldn't make a bigger balls up Just like a supermarket. It really is the Blades way.
If we have a player of some value and interest to other clubs, hang on to him and two things might happen.
1 The players value could increase.
2 A young player on the fringes could be developed as a replacement.

I saw a stat earlier that McNulty has 0.34 goals per game in league Doyle has 0.35 goals per game in league.

Is Doyle any good at sitting?
It seems to be the only skills a striker needs at our club :(

Back
Top Bottom