Entrance Music

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Does anyone remember the blades coming out to Elizabethan Serenade by Percy Grainger circa 1959?

united united united we stand.... one of my faves

& a brief montage one of my other faves

blah blah blah

Enter bladesmen....sorry..Enter Sandman by Metallica...failing that..Du Hast by Rammstein. Get the ground shaking
Either of those or STEMM face the pain !

Lots of screaming to be fair and maybe a bit overused by UFC

I like Comeback Kid. I like Kasabian, but... They screw the timings up and it ends up being on three times, or keeps getting restarted.

What they need is an absolute banger that goes on ages. I suggest the Builds Like a Skyscraper remix to OT Quartet - Hold That Sucker Down.

I've even set it out for Gary Sinclair when to say things and what to say..

[Press Play] - no talking at all. just let the music build up the tension inside the ground...

[2:30] - It's the countdown to Kick Off!!

[2:36] - no talking, let the music build up once more

[4:52] - Welcome to Bramall Lane, the oldest professional football stadium in the world as we welcome out "away team" and SHEFFIELD UNITED!!!

[5:36] - BOOM Let it play out as the players shake hands..

I like Comeback Kid. I like Kasabian, but... They screw the timings up and it ends up being on three times, or keeps getting restarted.

What they need is an absolute banger that goes on ages. I suggest the Builds Like a Skyscraper remix to OT Quartet - Hold That Sucker Down.

I've even set it out for Gary Sinclair when to say things and what to say..

[Press Play] - no talking at all. just let the music build up the tension inside the ground...

[2:30] - It's the countdown to Kick Off!!

[2:36] - no talking, let the music build up once more

[4:52] - Welcome to Bramall Lane, the oldest professional football stadium in the world as we welcome out "away team" and SHEFFIELD UNITED!!!

[5:36] - BOOM Let it play out as the players shake hands..

While I was never a devotee of G-Sinc’s countdown to kickoff and entrance theme choices, they were at least in the past separate. Having the same track just repeat from an earlier part of the song is a bit of a weird choice.

The actual Entrance music songs I remember - any others?:

The first one I remember as a kid......

Very memerable for anyone who is/was into WWE, but it didn't last long at BDTBL....

I remember my first visit to the Stadium of Light and the sound system was very impressive. They played Prokofiev's "Dance of the Knights" in the build up to the game. It wasn't a light show as such, been a bit wasted on a 3pm kick off! But it was done very well indeed.

I remember this too. Very good.

When we played m k dons a few year ago they came out to dance with the devil by cozy Powell thought that sounded good

Hearts of courage by 2 steps from hell my absolute fave. Builds and builds. Brill

I assume next on the list for Kasabian entrance music is this:

Funny I was just thinking recently about tunes to come out to at the Lane. The current tune is ok and I've always said Thunderstruck would be great but actually Deutschland by Rammstein would be amazing!

Queen - One Vision

Has to be the album version, not the single version. As the intro is longer and builds the suspense before they come out of the tunnel. Then when the guitar kicks in, that's when they come out.

Either that or bring Star Wars back!

Queen - One Vision

Has to be the album version, not the single version. As the intro is longer and builds the suspense before they come out of the tunnel. Then when the guitar kicks in, that's when they come out.

Either that or bring Star Wars back!

Get out of here! 😄

Maybe we shouldn't seen as the lead singer has just got sentenced for domestic violence and had to leave the band.
As I said in the early thread on the issue, if you can’t separate the artist and the song then you are severely mentally lacking. And you probably spend your life in silence seeing as 90% of the music industry are shite hawks and awful people. Fuck off with your cancel culture bollocks.

You could also say if you don't see art as being intrinsically the expression of an artist then you're severely mentally lacking, but personally I wouldn't so reductive.

It's got a generic sports movie soundtrack intro that sounds alright for its purpose. Point is, it's been a big news story in the last couple of weeks and I don't get why it's seen as that surprising or a big deal some people are going to think "Is that really appropriate right now?". It's not like it has any real importance or connection for the club. We change intro music all the time and there's plenty to pick from. I know it'll be hard to top something with the depth of "Sasquatch in a bin bag" but we could try.

Just wall-to-wall Sheffield music from Joe Cocker to Being Boiled by Human League, Def Leppard, stuff by Paul Heaton, Pulp, Arctic Monkeys and everything else in between. Who they are alleged to support is utterly irrelevant imo. Music from our city.

Just wall-to-wall Sheffield music from Joe Cocker to Being Boiled by Human League, Def Leppard, stuff by Paul Heaton, Pulp, Arctic Monkeys and everything else in between. Who they are alleged to support is utterly irrelevant imo. Music from our city.
But why? What do you gain out of that?

For me it’s about showcasing and celebrating Sheffield talent. I know it’s probably not the most important decision going but I kind of like to think that we are Sheffield united (the lowercase u is not accidental btw)

Back
Top Bottom