Entrance Music

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I really like the Kasabian intro.
I think we need to do a bit more work on the light show though. It’s a great idea but it’s not done very well. Needs to be shorter, more periods of absolute darkness followed by explosions of light and more drama.

Can't hear it, kop is so loud when the lads come out.

Enter bladesmen....sorry..Enter Sandman by Metallica...failing that..Du Hast by Rammstein. Get the ground shaking

Brings back memories of the Theme from Dr Zhivago, years ago. (Somewhere my love)

I think Sweet Home Alabama would go down well at the lane, but then I’m an old git, so what do I know?

I really like the Kasabian intro.
I think we need to do a bit more work on the light show though. It’s a great idea but it’s not done very well. Needs to be shorter, more periods of absolute darkness followed by explosions of light and more drama.

I remember Sunderland dud this before 2nd leg play off.

Before playing thier classical music. All lights went off for a few seconds. H&s would probably have kittens now

Still recall it now. Proper intimidating.

Does anyone else think the PA is a bit quieter this season. When they played Club Foot last year it seemed to be louder, some games I’ve been at you can barely hear the music.
The average home attendance is probably up by about 10k so if the volume is set the same as last season, a load of the volume will be absorbed by those extra 10k people
Maybe no one thought to turn it up?

I remember Sunderland dud this before 2nd leg play off.

Before playing thier classical music. All lights went off for a few seconds. H&s would probably have kittens now

Still recall it now. Proper intimidating.

I remember my first visit to the Stadium of Light and the sound system was very impressive. They played Prokofiev's "Dance of the Knights" in the build up to the game. It wasn't a light show as such, been a bit wasted on a 3pm kick off! But it was done very well indeed.

Yes!

Its a good tune isn’t it. Good choice by someone.

As soon as you here that Daaaaaaaa. Da da daaaaaaa you know our hero’s are about to enter the field.
When I hear the "Daaaaaaa Da Da Daaaaaaa", I keep thinking this is going to kick in! 😄

Last edited:
Yes!

Its a good tune isn’t it. Good choice by someone.

As soon as you here that Daaaaaaaa. Da da daaaaaaa you know our hero’s are about to enter the field.

The intro works really well. The only problem is that we've yet to actually time it right. We seem to listen to half of the song and then start it from the beginning when the players are halfway on the pitch.

I remember my first visit to the Stadium of Light and the sound system was very impressive. They played Prokofiev's "Dance of the Knights" in the build up to the game. It wasn't a light show as such, been a bit wasted on a 3pm kick off! But it was done very well indeed.

That’s the one. The 2nd leg was a night game. Lights came on as the music burst into life.

That old set of regulars for Countdown to Kickoff which included meet her at the loveparade were classic.

I'd be gutted if they never play that at Bramall Lane again.

That old set of regulars for Countdown to Kickoff which included meet her at the loveparade were classic.

I'd be gutted if they never play that at Bramall Lane again.
We do seem to get it for night games, although it was missing against West Ham.

Remember in bassett days it was the blue brothers that played when we came onto the pitch

I’m sure that on the podcast with Paul Walker, Wilder said players/staff had a hand in the music and mentioned that Kasabian worked well last year, so they wanted to use another one of theirs.

Then again, I was making the Christmas dinner while I had it on, so wasn't exactly concentrating on it.

I must have missed this podcast with Chris Wilder and Paul Walker. Was it a Radio Sheffield podcast? Is it still available anywhere?

I must have missed this podcast with Chris Wilder and Paul Walker. Was it a Radio Sheffield podcast? Is it still available anywhere?
Its an official one by the club. Just started before Christmas. Done two so far; a pilot episode with Tony Currie, and a second with Wilder. Paul Walker and Kevin Cookson from the club present it. Both really good listens- expected the Wilder one to be, but TC who can sometimes come across as a bit of a misery (Walker even brings that up) was really good as well. You can get them on Apple podcasts on iphones, ipads etc and I think they are on YouTube as well. Theyre called One Of Our Own, so search for that. Probably just on the official club channel on YouTube.

Think they’re going to be semi regular things and they mentioned mid January for the next one, but didnt say who with. Billy would be a natural one I guess.

Try these:

Try these:

Thanks. Subscribed

Think the countdown to kick off songs should be by sheffield bands,with the entrance music being Prisms by 65 days of static..my bestest ever Sheffield group

Back
Top Bottom