email from club - NO MORE TICKETS ON SALE IN KOP - standing & wrong seat usage

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For the rest of the season do away with employing students as stewards on £9.50 per hour on the kop and bring in the police and / or a security company and enforce the regulations.

The extra sale of tickets will contribute towards the extra cost.

And therein lies the crux of the problem. There will always be "issues" for SCC and the SAG. When a problem cannot be found, one shall be fabricated.

The council and their associated organisation are supportive of Sheffield United's efforts in the same way that the rope 'supports' the hanging man.

In summary: fuck them.
Aye
Fuck em

Mam, why is the water in that pan bubbling?

Because it’s boiling, son

Mam, what’s boiling mean ?

It means it’s hot …….. don’t touch it son or you’ll hurt yourself

[thinks] fuck you , mam ………. OUCH !!!!!!!

Maaaaaaaaaaaam, me hand hurts, it’s not fair, why didn’t you tell me what hot means

For the rest of the season do away with employing students as stewards on £9.50 per hour on the kop and bring in the police and / or a security company and enforce the regulations.

The extra sale of tickets will contribute towards the extra cost.
Then people will moan that the mean men in jackets are telling to them do as they're told. It's a lose lose scenario for the club.

I suspect the answer to the problem is to go back to when some of the people who stand blocking aisles were born and went to school and tell them that skipping education is not a good thing and that being thick will hold them back in the future. This probably wouldn't have worked either though.

As many have said, it's very simple. Sit (or stand) at the seat on your match ticket, the problem goes away, the club makes more money and the ground is more full.

I'd imagine the kind of people who stand in the aisles are those who like to argue about attendances with the pigs, they can do their bit to improve our home attendances by not being idiotic!

It sadly all just ties in with the mentality some people have that they can do whatever they want at football matches and it’s everyone else’s fault when something goes wrong.

You see it at local away games when they’re demanding more booze, setting off flairs and climbing the walls to look big in front of their mates.

The rules are you sit in your seat and you actually sit down. Don’t come complaining when action is taken after you break the rules.

For those of us (I’m sure all on here) who are being penalised for the actions of others, yes it’s frustrating but I’ll accept it if it stops older fans being barged over and having their say spoilt.

You don't think anyone from the club can spot 35 people all stood round 3 seats?
Don’t think you get my point, sorry if I wasn’t clear. Last couple of home games there weren’t any issues as far as I’m aware, accepting they’d already sold tickets for the Rotherham match.

If they aren’t selling tickets for the next two then that will be four home games. At what point will the club start selling tickets again and with what justification.

I think the club need to communicate more on this

Think others have had similar to us just don't have the big crowds for it to be a major issue. Am sure I saw someone post about other clubs having similar stuff happen
I haven’t heard publicly of any other club but will stand (no pun intended) corrected.

And that’s my point. We are now facing a real issue with the Coventry game where demand is high and seats remain but we aren’t putting them on sale.

No other club is in that position as far as I know

Where you erd this pal?....
bbc article on safe standing
"The initiative is part of a club trial after concerns over "persistent standing" of fans were raised in 2021."
"Following a review of the initial rail seating trial last season, we will now expand the trial and introduce rail seating in additional areas of the Kop to further address crowd safety and persistent standing in line with SGSA [Sports Grounds Safety Authority] guidance,"

Seems Liverpool took action without stopping ticket sales.
Was referring to no other club having demand for tickets, seats available but the club not being able to sell them

Due to this nonsense, Coventry on boxing day is virtually sold out already - last call for tickets!

As mentioned previously my personal preference is to stand at matches. i would never , however, block anyones view by standing in front of someone who can’t themselves stand. It’s for that reason I chose a seat towards the back of the Kop. As it happens for the previous four seasons to this one ( he’s disappeared), I’ve had a giant stood in front of me, not his fault he’s a big lad, and my bad luck, but I can’t have my cake and eat it.
It seems that the main concern is fans not taking up their designated seat leading to overcrowding and gangway blocking.

Good that the Club have finally entered into dialogue. The reality is they will lose a considerable amount each home game moving forward and that is likely to be the driver behind improving communications. Appreciate these are Foxys notes my thoughts below:

I think by the very fact there is some dialogue beginning, they accept or think that perhaps it could have been handled differently or that the original message perhaps has been misunderstood in terms of meaning. At the very least, they want dialogue and a co-operation with supporters rather than "us and them".

This is encouraging. It has taken a long time for them to realise if you want to effect change you have to take the supporters with you. They haven't covered themselves in glory this season with the sledgehammer to crack a nut approach on this and how they have handled access for disabled supporters on the Kop. Consulting and being pro active prior to dealing with a problem is more likely to lead to it being solved quicker.

The crux of the issue and the most pressing matter, as speculated in this thread, is the migration and occupying of specific areas outside of an individuals ticket resulting in overcrowding, blockages and an unsafe environment.

This is an explicit statement that should have been in the original communication of 26 October. Wording " persistent standing in the Kop stand " has been interpreted as a reference to standing in your own seat. This has diluted the original intent behind the message with arguments for and against standing in general and the need for rail seating taking up the majority of this thread when the real issue was people not sitting in their allocated seat. Future communications should be more specific.

99% of Blades will agree with the Club that not standing or sitting in your designated seat is unsafe and should not be tolerated. They will support action against the 1% who continue to agitate against safety matters provided the consequences are explained clearly in advance. Considerably less will support the view that Kop season ticket holders at the back who have stood in their seat for 20 plus years should be suddenly forced to sit down.

SAG and SCC are currently working with the club, rather than against the club and have the same stated aims and can currently see that the club are taking the issue seriously and working towards improving things.

The wording of the statement of the 26 October gives the impression that SAG and SCC are threatening to impose restrictions rather than the Club working with them " been in contact before they impose further restrictions " hardly suggests a spirit of co-operation. There is a deep rooted suspicion that SAG and SCC's approach is to restrict first rather than pro actively consult and take account of supporters concerns prior to implementing action as illustrated by this issue. If there is now a joint stated aim to consult before penalising then that is progress.

Despite it seeming and "only targeting us" issue, other clubs are experiencing similar issues.

It may be that other clubs are experiencing the same problems but none appear to have imposed sanctions prior to consultation and communication as SUFC have done.

Moving forward the Club imo should seek to improve the standard of its communications and separate out the subjects of migration and occupying of specific areas outside of individual tickets, persistent standing and rail seating. A stick without the carrot approach has alienated parts of the fan base and poorly written statements have added to the confusion.

On rail seating a commitment to set up a working group with the safe standing lobby to provide a feasibility study would be a better approach and get supporters onside rather than a dismissive statement that it would take major redevelopment.

We have to hope that lessons have been learnt and that this spirit of fan consultation will continue and extend to all matters SUFC moving forward. Time will tell.

We will find out on Saturday only season ticket holders only. I will be very surprised to see people standing at the back of the kop.
You would think season ticket holders are happy with the seat they sit in. after all you pick your own seat in most cases. they must be at least 10k season ticket holders on the kop. a lot stand in front of their seat who are season tickets holders. I think that s fair enough.

It sadly all just ties in with the mentality some people have that they can do whatever they want at football matches and it’s everyone else’s fault when something goes wrong.

You see it at local away games when they’re demanding more booze, setting off flairs and climbing the walls to look big in front of their mates.

The rules are you sit in your seat and you actually sit down. Don’t come complaining when action is taken after you break the rules.

For those of us (I’m sure all on here) who are being penalised for the actions of others, yes it’s frustrating but I’ll accept it if it stops older fans being barged over and having their say spoilt.

Every club has them. They all look the same, they all dress the same, they all post the same pictures on social media. The Kop design is shit, it's too cramped anyhow, the rake and polls make it harder to watch the match, especially if someone is stood up in front. I get that you want to be with your friends, mates etc. But, do as we all do and meet them in the concourse at HT and the pub at FT. Wouldn't have been flagged if we weren't getting over 25K per match, as it's easier to just live and let live when we're getting crowds similar to our League 1 days.

Remove the white posts and introduce safe standing. Dead easy fix on the Kop, and i thank you all for coming.....

And whilst Im on my box, get the atmosphere going again
I will assume you aren't taking the piss.

You do know that if you remove the posts the roof will collapse?

We will need a cantilever roof which will cost a few million . Where is the money coming from ?

You really think that the SAAG will agree to safe standing when some fans can't sit in their own sears ( remember with safe standing you will be allocated a standing area...i.e. you won't be able to stand where you want)

Every club has them. They all look the same, they all dress the same, they all post the same pictures on social media. The Kop design is shit, it's too cramped anyhow, the rake and polls make it harder to watch the match, especially if someone is stood up in front. I get that you want to be with your friends, mates etc. But, do as we all do and meet them in the concourse at HT and the pub at FT. Wouldn't have been flagged if we weren't getting over 25K per match, as it's easier to just live and let live when we're getting crowds similar to our League 1 days.
Yeah absolutely. And definitely agree all clubs have them, I doubt we’re worse than anyone else.

I will assume you aren't taking the piss.

You do know that if you remove the posts the roof will collapse?

We will need a cantilever roof which will cost a few million . Where is the money coming from ?

You really think that the SAAG will agree to safe standing when some fans can't sit in their own sears ( remember with safe standing you will be allocated a standing area...i.e. you won't be able to stand where you want)

Also I remember when rail seats were first discussed about 10 years, apparently they cost £1000 each back then, probably £1500 each now.

So even if we have permission to change the whole Kop into rail seating, it would
10,500 x £1500 = £15,750,000 + labour costs

So probably £17 million outlay for zero return unless people are suggesting we add another £5 on match day priced for the Kop.
Also even after spending £17 million, which would buy a decent player, it still doesn't really improve the experience on the Kop
as the concourses are still stuck in the 80's and there are still restricted views due to the poles.

Suspect the club will only install rail seats at the same time the Kop is rebuilt
which will only happen once other clubs have trialed rail seats and whether eventually it'll be changed to the German model of up to a 1.8 seat/ man ratio
meaning clubs can significantly expand their stadium capacity. However of course bigger concourse areas would be required with more toilets/ kiosks etc.

Also I remember when rail seats were first discussed about 10 years, apparently they cost £1000 each back then, probably £1500 each now.

So even if we have permission to change the whole Kop into rail seating, it would

So probably £17 million outlay for zero return unless people are suggesting we add another £5 on match day priced for the Kop.
Also even after spending £17 million, which would buy a decent player, it still doesn't really improve the experience on the Kop
as the concourses are still stuck in the 80's and there are still restricted views due to the poles.

Suspect the club will only install rail seats at the same time the Kop is rebuilt
which will only happen once other clubs have trialed rail seats and whether eventually it'll be changed to the German model of up to a 1.8 seat/ man ratio
meaning clubs can significantly expand their stadium capacity. However of course bigger concourse areas would be required with more toilets/ kiosks etc.
Rail seating works out at around £100 per seat based on the German systems.£1500 would get you silver plated ermin skinned seats 😂

Your figures are way out. Move a decimal point and its more likely to be nearer £1.7 million than £17 million. See post 824 in attached.

Your figures are way out. Move a decimal point and its more likely to be nearer £1.7 million than £17 million. See post 824 in attached.

Indeed. One of the links I saw indicated that Celtic paid about half a million all in to put in 3k seats. This guy's projections would add four million to that just for materials

I'm surprised these dots haven't been joined up already but my view is:

The club know that the Kop is not oversold. Therefore crowding and blocking is obviously caused by ticket holders.

This first measure, ie preventing match ticket sales, will a) alleviate the pressure caused by this crowding and blocking as there will literally be fewer people on the Kop and b) it will confirm or disprove the idea that it's people without STs causing the issue.

If it still happens v Huddersfield and Coventry then it screams loud and clear that the problem is caused, partly or wholly by ST holders and the message isn't getting through.

However if we get through those games without issue, it suggests the issue is caused by non-ST holders and that ST holders also causing it have listened to the message.

At that point, we could also perhaps start considering selling small numbers of match tickets on the Kop. If the issue returns, we know it's caused by those small numbers. The club would know who they are, it's not difficult to identify if the specific seats sold aren't occupied.

There are lots of ideas on this thread and some of them are great. But right now there is a problem that needs solving. We're not in carrot and stick territory until the problem has gone.
Or it's caused by season ticket holders and pay on the dayers.

But if the number of complaints and reports from the stewards goes down the pay on the dayers will get blamed

It will always happen, always has, always will, people will find their mates and hang about together, this is another stupid consequence of the moronic one ticket per person policy that leaves certain fans isolated and sat on their own for no reason when there are 3000 empty seats per game

this is another stupid consequence of the moronic one ticket per person policy that leaves certain fans isolated and sat on their own for no reason when there are 3000 empty seats per game

wait, what?

And that's for the whole of the Kop, when only the back few rows would make sense. The club could easily afford to install safe standing if push came to shove, finances are not an obstacle here.

and sat on their own for no reason when there are 3000 empty seats per game
Where else are they supposed to sit on the Kop if all other seats are taken by ST Holders ?
Alternatively,move to the BLUT for the game so they can hold hands and sit together

All these differing views ,but the one thing that I find funny and sad is that these stone island clad hard lads don't like to be alone ,that they can't bear the thought of sitting on their tod . 😂

All these differing views ,but the one thing that I find funny and sad is that these stone island clad hard lads don't like to be alone ,that they can't bear the thought of sitting on their tod . 😂
Did you never go to match with your mates when you was younger? Id rather be with my mates than sat on my own. It's all well and good calling them out for putting us in this shit but I don't find it odd that people would rather be with there friends than sat alone lol

Back
Top Bottom