email from club - NO MORE TICKETS ON SALE IN KOP - standing & wrong seat usage

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Spot on. I've registered all my Grandchildren and got Junior Membership, trouble is our seats are on the Kop and never any problem purchasing tickets whenever
they fancied going. Contacted SUFC but cannot sell tickets on the kop, they are not old enough to go in the BLUT they have to be 14 or over to go unaccompanied. Their solution was we will have to buy tickets for the BLUT then purchase tickets for them in the BLUT which works out pretty expensive on top of already purchased season tickets and Membership cards. Surely selling tickets to Junior Membership holders wouldn't be a problem, but apparently so. Hope it gets resolved soon.
I moved my ticket for Saturday so I could sit with my mate, cost a few quid more but it's an option rather than buying a fresh ticket full price

Here again aren't you, you smug sanctimonious prick

Bartman said that people who are registered can buy two tickets

They can't

Only those who are registered can buy a ticket, and only ONE

It's okay saying people can register, but for what?

So they can go to a game every 10 years?
And then sit on their own?

Those people aren't going to bother if it is not life or death important to them, human nature tells you they won't bother, if you understood human nature.

Warnocks hoofers could pull in 32600 for some of the Premier League games in the last half of the season.

A decent Premier League side under Wilder barely struggled to get 30,000

Make it difficult, make it awkward, and certain people who are either new to supporting the club, or haven't done so for a long time will not go, simple as that, and the figures show it.

There's no way empty seats for Premier League football would exist if the one ticket per person policy wasn't here.

I suppose now we'll get the "fuck 'em, not real fans anyway" comments which are even stupider than the decision to make it more difficult.

Big shot. You and your gormless mates never seem to be able to utilise the ticketing operation whatever the situation. Unable to register which for most people takes five minutes and it’s always the clubs fault.

Can’t work the system. Sit on my own, waaah!, only go every ten years and it’s so unfair l can’t get a ticket for big games waaah.

No matter what the situation, you wheel out the same crap. If you put your brain in gear, the number of tickets available after ST holders isn’t enough to allow all ST holders to buy tickets for their cant be arsed Super Blade mates who only want big game tickets. How do you decide who can and who cant?

I've got 4 mates registered on my family and friends, they only go every now and then and I registered them so it made it easier to sort their tickets out when they do decide to go. My mates coming down for Huddersfield and I got him a ticket no problem, because he's registered.

Most of the problem is people being too thick to understand how the system works and too ignorant to follow rules.

Or just trolls.

Got my ticket and a mates last week on BLUT, usually sit on either Kop or BLUT with my dad and a long time pay on the day supporter (I can’t get to every game).

Anyone saying it’s impossible to workaround needs to get their head around the system, which is pretty simple.

I can imagine it being frustrating for anyone who wants to sit on the Kop, but it’s inconvenient, not impossible.

I'm surprised these dots haven't been joined up already but my view is:

The club know that the Kop is not oversold. Therefore crowding and blocking is obviously caused by ticket holders.

This first measure, ie preventing match ticket sales, will a) alleviate the pressure caused by this crowding and blocking as there will literally be fewer people on the Kop and b) it will confirm or disprove the idea that it's people without STs causing the issue.

If it still happens v Huddersfield and Coventry then it screams loud and clear that the problem is caused, partly or wholly by ST holders and the message isn't getting through.

However if we get through those games without issue, it suggests the issue is caused by non-ST holders and that ST holders also causing it have listened to the message.

At that point, we could also perhaps start considering selling small numbers of match tickets on the Kop. If the issue returns, we know it's caused by those small numbers. The club would know who they are, it's not difficult to identify if the specific seats sold aren't occupied.

There are lots of ideas on this thread and some of them are great. But right now there is a problem that needs solving. We're not in carrot and stick territory until the problem has gone.
How? Surely they can only sell 10,221 tickets as that is its capacity? Anymore than that, then the club are negligent surely??

A point that was made apparently was that, upon being challenged to produce their match ticket and prove where they should be situated, a number of individuals had handily "misplaced" it between gaining entry to the stadium and going to stand at the back of the Kop.

Restricting sales to season ticket holders in the short term will eradicate this issue. If the perpetrators are season ticket holders, they'd be pretty fucking stupid to have "thrown it away".

How? Surely they can only sell 10,221 tickets as that is its capacity? Anymore than that, then the club are negligent surely??
I think you misunderstood my point.

My original post said the club know the Kop isn't oversold. There's no suggestion, from the club, me, or anyone else, that the Kop has more than 10,221 people occupying it.

To rephrase, the club know there are no more than 10,221 tickets being sold so overcrowding must mean some people are not in the seat their ticket is for.

Having read some of the posts on this thread I wouldn't be so sure.

I hope the club staff reading this (hello!) are making a useful list of "things that are too complicated for Sheffield United fans to understand" that include:

• Letters
  • Numbers
  • Combinations of letters and numbers
  • Inputting your own name and address onto a webform
  • Inputting your friend's name and address onto a webform
  • Understanding how many people one seat can accommodate
  • Understanding why the Sheffield Safety Advisory Group hasn't closed down Elland Road or Anfield

🤣

I hope the club staff reading this (hello!) are making a useful list of "things that are too complicated for Sheffield United fans to understand" that include:

• Letters
  • Numbers
  • Combinations of letters and numbers
  • Inputting your own name and address onto a webform
  • Inputting your friend's name and address onto a webform
  • Understanding how many people one seat can accommodate
  • Understanding why the Sheffield Safety Advisory Group hasn't closed down Elland Road or Anfield

🤣

That doesn’t help those with autophobia forced to sit alone in a single seat with only 28000 or so people there.

I know I'm pointing out the obvious, but I've heard some have been going through the turnstiles in twos. So the kop might not be oversold, but it might be over occupied.

I know I'm pointing out the obvious, but I've heard some have been going through the turnstiles in twos. So the kop might not be oversold, but it might be over occupied.

Where did you hear that? Owlstalk?

They also believe we are all signed up to a Bengali language course at Sheffield College so we can get in on Student tickets.

সত্য না

They also believe we are all signed up to a Bengali language course at Sheffield College so we can get in on Student tickets.

সত্য না
I just heard it in a random conversation with a Blade in the pub. It is what it is.

Big shot. You and your gormless mates never seem to be able to utilise the ticketing operation whatever the situation. Unable to register which for most people takes five minutes and it’s always the clubs fault.

Can’t work the system. Sit on my own, waaah!, only go every ten years and it’s so unfair l can’t get a ticket for big games waaah.

No matter what the situation, you wheel out the same crap. If you put your brain in gear, the number of tickets available after ST holders isn’t enough to allow all ST holders to buy tickets for their cant be arsed Super Blade mates who only want big game tickets. How do you decide who can and who cant?

All very sensible, if there aren't 3000 empty seats per game

Like it or not, there are more people who support Sheffield United than there are Sheffield United supporters in the stadium.

Are they all part timers ?

Those 3,000 tickets should be sold, it wasn't a problem in 2006-07, so why is it now?

They are basically the same people minus an odd death here and there

And I don't have any problems getting tickets and have no problem sitting with people I don't know.

I do have a problem if somebody fancies watching a game and the seat next to me is empty, but I can't buy it. It's bloody stupid

Many people have a problem with the system if they are more casual fans, and the fact that Bramall Lane never sells out, no matter what the situation tells you that there is a problem. Especially when Warnocks hoofers sold out quite a few times in 2006-07 before the one ticket per person rule was introduced

All very sensible, if there aren't 3000 empty seats per game

Like it or not, there are more people who support Sheffield United than there are Sheffield United supporters in the stadium.

Are they all part timers ?

Those 3,000 tickets should be sold, it wasn't a problem in 2006-07, so why is it now?

They are basically the same people minus an odd death here and there

And I don't have any problems getting tickets and have no problem sitting with people I don't know.

I do have a problem if somebody fancies watching a game and the seat next to me is empty, but I can't buy it. It's bloody stupid

Many people have a problem with the system if they are more casual fans, and the fact that Bramall Lane never sells out, no matter what the situation tells you that there is a problem. Especially when Warnocks hoofers sold out quite a few times in 2006-07 before the one ticket per person rule was introduced

3000 empty Kop seats every game? Really? Now we have the no ticket sales issue on there then that must mean what, 5000 empty seats from now on? 6000?. More?

For those that can be arsed, the system works fine.

সত্য না

Dressed in school uniform.

It's seems a strange situation in 54 seasons watching the blades I've never missed a game I wanted to get to home or away ,even sitting in home sections when tickets were limited. Saying that you have to be arsed .

3000 empty Kop seats every game? Really? Now we have the no ticket sales issue on there then that must mean what, 5000 empty seats from now on? 6000?. More?

For those that can be arsed, the system works fine.
I said 3000 remain unsold.
That's 3000 in the stadium

Our average attendances are 28,000 ish

So, 4500 seats are empty, some of these are on the away end, but no more than 1500 of them on average

Out of interest, does anyone on here know (I said “know”, not randomly guessing) how many seats on the kop are not ST seats?

I’ve read that 3,000 number a lot, but actually that does seem really high

I said 3000 remain unsold.
That's 3000 in the stadium

Our average attendances are 28,000 ish

So, 4500 seats are empty, some of these are on the away end, but no more than 1500 of them on average
Are those 3000 all single then? They must be if you and your mates can’t get two together.

As for the arithmetic, the away attendance must effect the empty seats throughout the stadium. The 3000 is a nice round figure for some.

28628 is the average take off the generous 1400 away fans you have 27200 roughly. The actual workable capacity with the away section off is 29000 . So less than 2 k on average Spares .

Out of interest, does anyone on here know (I said “know”, not randomly guessing) how many seats on the kop are not ST seats?

I’ve read that 3,000 number a lot, but actually that does seem really high
There must be about 8.5 k season ticket holders .

No standing area on the kop is going to happen anytime soon. because it will take a major development to do the job properly. Any work would have to be done in the close season. or do it the same way they have done at Anfield. build behind the stand. that way work can be done. without having to close areas inside the ground. stacks of room. behind the Kop. thats the only way I think in my humble opinion. I am sure I will be corrected on this. I know nothing about developing and building things.

The area behind the kop is owned by Mr McCabe.

The area behind the kop is owned by Mr McCabe.
I think it is the block of land on the corner of John Street and Shoreham Street that belongs to KM together with 'Boundary Corner) further up Shoreham Street. I believe the card park area belongs to the Club. Didn't someone post of map a few months (or years) ago showing these blocks ?

Are those 3000 all single then? They must be if you and your mates can’t get two together.

As for the arithmetic, the away attendance must effect the empty seats throughout the stadium. The 3000 is a nice round figure for some.
Waste if time talking to you

A seat next to me could be empty, but I can't buy it for somebody else

Two different people can't buy it and sit together

And 3000 is an average figure of empty SHEFFIELD UNITED FANS SEATS

It might be 3,105 for some games or 2,967 for others, you fucking regulator

Back
Top Bottom