Don’t underestimate Luton.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

we simply have to set about luton from kick off tomorrow and our crowd have a major part to play luton have been reinvigerated by the unfortunate incident with tom lockyear but we cant let sentiment get in the way of picking 3 points up tomorrow and still think forest and palace will get dragged in to a relegation battle with the 3 promoted championship clubs all to play for lets give it em

we simply have to set about luton from kick off tomorrow and our crowd have a major part to play luton have been reinvigerated by the unfortunate incident with tom lockyear but we cant let sentiment get in the way of picking 3 points up tomorrow and still think forest and palace will get dragged in to a relegation battle with the 3 promoted championship clubs all to play for lets give it em
As I've been saying, they're 3 points above us, they're not Arsenal. All games this season are going to be tough but the only team we're in danger of underestimating here is United.

Get it right tomorrow and we get the 3 points.

Imagine if we’d have taken the Palace and Forest games seriously at the start of the season! That could have been 2 potential 6 pointers we just threw the towel in due to late/poor recruitment. This is a 6 pointer we can’t afford to toss off tomorrow. With Wilder I’m confident we’ll be up for it, I just hope we have the quality.

the wins for luton and burnley on saturday were both bad results for us but they were also bad results for forest everton and palace and would have been even worse for those 3 if we had hung on at villa park all those 3 sides might well get jittery now they can see the bottom 3 picking points up

Imagine if we’d have taken the Palace and Forest games seriously at the start of the season! That could have been 2 potential 6 pointers we just threw the towel in due to late/poor recruitment. This is a 6 pointer we can’t afford to toss off tomorrow. With Wilder I’m confident we’ll be up for it, I just hope we have the quality.
The journos etc use that phrase too many times but this genuinely is huge. It could end our season not getting a win. A draw although not the worst result would benefit those above. We need to leapfrog Luton even with our inferior goal difference we can do it with the 2 games against them before the end of the season and the same with Burnley and it’s hoping someone drops points elsewhere which is possible

Somebody once said " You've got to fucking die to get 3 points "

This is one of those matches where " You've got to fucking die " or we don't get nothing !! All or nothing this one !!

Lutons seemed to played all the big clubs at home and hardly any away? Think their home form is only decent.

My son in law is Newcastle fan and I watched the Luton game v them. Luton looked very good. Great pressing game, very athletic, hard working and all looked far more comfortable on the ball than us. We'll need to play to our max to beat them. Hopefully that game may have taken a lot out of them.

the wins for luton and burnley on saturday were both bad results for us but they were also bad results for forest everton and palace and would have been even worse for those 3 if we had hung on at villa park all those 3 sides might well get jittery now they can see the bottom 3 picking points up
You can definitely forget about Everton. They’re only there because of the points deduction and have gathered the points and have the quality to be higher than they currently are. They won’t struggle to collect points.

Palace have too much attacking quality and Everton are essentially 10th.

It’s between the bottom 4. We’ve got to finish top of that little league. A very big ask.

I won't.

They are a better side than us, IMO. Gone ahead several times in games, have a game plan. Defensively well drilled and recruited well on a budget, buying athletes with a good ceiling of future potential or possible sell-on value.

I'd love a Boxing Day win, of course I would, but I'm not wholly confident of one.

You can definitely forget about Everton. They’re only there because of the points deduction and have gathered the points and have the quality to be higher than they currently are. They won’t struggle to collect points.
you may be right but they are still there and could easily come in to the equation with 2 or 3 bad results

you may be right but they are still there and could easily come in to the equation with 2 or 3 bad results
Not a chance mate, they are way too good, they pretty much destroyed spurs the other day and somehow lost, they will probably finish top half even with a 10 point deduction. I like you're optimism though haha

I won't.

They are a better side than us, IMO. Gone ahead several times in games, have a game plan. Defensively well drilled and recruited well on a budget, buying athletes with a good ceiling of future potential or possible sell-on value.

I'd love a Boxing Day win, of course I would, but I'm not wholly confident of one.
Agree 100%

If Luton press us on the ball, as they did Newcastle then Souza and Norwood (if selected) will be totally ineffective. Let’s hope we can be more confident on the ball than the first 70 minutes of the Villa game.

Hopefully a 2-1 Blades win, but it won’t be pretty.

Somebody once said " You've got to fucking die to get 3 points "

This is one of those matches where " You've got to fucking die " or we don't get nothing !! All or nothing this one !!

Serious question.. Can you see Mcburnie dieing for the cause?

Or can you see him half heatedly jogging around?

Asking for a friend...

Respective points suggest we have a chance, and with the way we are playing of course we do.

But it will be a tough game and any points will be hard won.

Luton are a very solid side and gave us two decent games last season. They are very fired up after losing Lockyer as well, so we will have to be on it to win on Boxing Day. Cmon you red and white wizards!!
I think you'll be hard pressed to find any blades underestimating luton. Look a very solid side made some clever signings as well. That been said I think we'll get at them today and pick up a hard fought 2-0 win 🤞🏻

Is this an omen! Prime getting carried away with fixtures 🙈🤣
Screenshot_20231226_102317_Prime Video.jpg

think we will win this one but a defeat and its as good as over for me our confidence will be blown apart and cant see us coming back if were beaten

Not saying we can't win this but I'd actually be more confident if we were playing Man Utd at home today.
Luton will likely give us a difficult afternoon.

I don’t think anyone is underestimating them. I’m expecting us to struggle as they’re very physical and that’s the battle we tend to try and win.

It’s just a game that we could win & that’s rare in this division. That’s why expectation is a little bit higher than usual

With Forest beating Newcastle it's do or die time. Lose today and our hopes of staying up are pretty much gone and the remainder of the season will be about pride. This is a huge game now and an absolute must win. McBurnie starting worries me, but at least Norwood is out, so that's a bonus. It's a positive starting line up. I get that he's starting McBurnie ahead of Osula to match their physicality, but I worry as numb nuts isn't disciplined enough to do it without getting booked. I'd rather have seen Osula start so that his pace with Archer and McAtee can hurt Luton, then play shithouse football with McBurnie to see out the match.

Reactions: MKY

Back
Top Bottom