Don’t underestimate Luton.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Taking a team for granted who's better than you would be absolutely ridiculous. Just because it's little old luton. If we win there's a genuine battle on again with everyone at the bottom , if we lose were looking a bit fucked, bramall lane back in the day would be booming for this, it won't be though.

Luton are a very solid side and gave us two decent games last season. They are very fired up after losing Lockyer as well, so we will have to be on it to win on Boxing Day. Cmon you red and white wizards!!
Agreed. I don’t think we’ve won them in this little spell since we’ve been playing them again, have we?

I do feel much more equipped for them with Wilder in charge though. I think they had our number under Hecky.

I’d hope our management team would ensure our team wouldn’t take anyone for granted
I’ve seen Luton a few times mostly on there shrunken pitch , Barcodes were fucking wank today and frankly looked like they couldn’t be arsed
And let’s be reight it was 2 shite games last season
I was hoping to get over but transport from Manchester airport is non existent
Take a scrappy 1-0 win making it 4 from 6 so far over Xmas
I'm sure someone else is driving over

Luton are the best of the 3 promoted sides so far. They’ve looked solid, aggressive and high energy in all their games and Ross Barkley has given them a bit of real quality to boot. Out of the current bottom 3 as it stands they’re the ones most likely to stay up.

We need to continue our improvement over the next few weeks.

3-0 Blades.
That’s the bloody spirit - I’m going to underestimate them , that’s my choice , and I’m going to chant it from my seat 💺 in the family stand so they can hear it .

Flippin cockerneys

I watched their game V toon yesterday. Luton looked pretty decent and definitely no pushovers. TBH they looked better than us.

Apart from the goal, they hit the bar twice and created loads of chances. Their high press was impressive throughout and they gave Newcastle virtually no time on the ball at all. Really quick on the break and prepared to take on an early shot. On that showing, they didn't like like relegation fodder at all.

That said, really looking forward to the game and a few beers before hand. If we play to our best and they don't fancy it away in the grim north, we can take the points.

Probably the best equipped out of the 3 promoted sides to stay up . I rate their manager Rob Edwards , he has recruited well IMO with some good astute signings that fit there style .
Ironically with CW back we are now playing a very formation , they also better equipped to physically that we are for this league .
It wouldn't surprise me if they stay up at Forests expense

For me, it’s your presumption that if you didn’t give the board the heads up, we wouldn’t notice. I thank you for your public spiritedness 🙂
Isn’t the point of a Forum to post a comment to prompt discussion? The response to nearly every post could realistically be “OK” or “so what, I can’t do anything about it”, but we continue to post them or respond with our inane opinions.
Also, don’t underestimate the average football fan’s ability to not see the bleeding obvious (myself included). There will be plenty of fans who think we should easily beat them, and if we don’t, Wilder should go !

Agreed. I don’t think we’ve won them in this little spell since we’ve been playing them again, have we?

I do feel much more equipped for them with Wilder in charge though. I think they had our number under Hecky.
Beat them 2-0 at home season before last? I remember them being the worst side to come to the Lane all season, they were so, so poor and I don't think they registered a shot.

Would be absolute madness to underestimate Luton but I'd be massively disappointed if we don't win this one by 4 or 5 goals to nil
Hope that's tongue in cheek cos in reality we should just be happy if we win, and to expect to win by 4 or 5 is just ridiculous!

Struggled to beat them for last few years.

They are strong, organised, fit and willing runners who are physical and do the basics well.

I’m concerned that we will open up fancying our chances of outplaying them only to be well and truly caught out and beaten.
They are a better side than us defensively and attacking wise, and that includes since Wilder took over.

I said end of last season that Luton would stay up, reckon Forest will go down with Us and Burnley. They just know they’re doing from the squad to the board/owners. Luton’s progression over the last 10 years been unreal, probably more impressive than Brentford’s initial rise imo

Beat them 2-0 at home season before last? I remember them being the worst side to come to the Lane all season, they were so, so poor and I don't think they registered a shot.
Did we? Haha, I’ve absolutely no memory of this!

Wes

Baldock Anel Robinson Trusty

Hamer Souza Brooks

McAtee Archer

Osula

My 11. If Anel, Hamer, McAtee and Osula are injured then god knows.

I said end of last season that Luton would stay up, reckon Forest will go down with Us and Burnley. They just know they’re doing from the squad to the board/owners. Luton’s progression over the last 10 years been unreal, probably more impressive than Brentford’s initial rise imo

Their rise has definitely been more impressive than Brentford's for several reasons, none of which are related to the fact that they don't seem to have the arrogant supporter mindset that Brentford have somehow accumulated, but the main two would be:

1) It's been done without anything like the same amount of money being thrown at it
2) It's been achieved despite the significant handicap of having Nathan Jones in charge of it for a significant stretch of the journey

Reactions: RWE
If Luton do stay up which there is every possibility if they can keep players fit, it will make the Championship exceptionally tough next season. Assuming the top 2 go up, you will be left with either Leeds or Southampton (potentially both) still got sides like West Brom, Boro and Norwich. Joined by Burnley and Forest will have some high hitters. Burnley and Forest will be desperate to get back asap before they go sale or bust!

I don’t think there’s anyone who would underestimate them is there?

For months when Hecky was struggling the vast majority of our fans were saying how it’s iimpossible to compete unless a promoted club spends at least 100 million.

I gave Luton as an example, lower quality players that us, spent less than us but playing for better than us.

They been struggling for points but they’ve been competitive attacking and having chances almost every game.

My point was…. Luton might end up relegating but they were far better than us, if they can go down fighting then why can’t we be like them? That was my arguement regards Hecky underperforming this season. So many people disagreed and said Hecky was over performing, they insisted even Pep would be losing every match with these players.

Last edited:
They were on a the PL scrap heap so to speak but the experience Barkley and Townsend add to that squad is invaluable and increases their chances of stopping up.

They looked good on motd against Newcastle, attacking anyway. But Newcastle were a defensive shambles.
Get that right with the new organisation and we can take it.

Back
Top Bottom