Dominic Calvert-Lewin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Everton get relegated and it's looking possible. (Quite like to see it in some way because it would make a change from usual suspects being relegated and kinda upset the establishment which is the formation of the Premier Division)

But if they do get relegated given their finances, would they HMS the league or be royally buggered?
Well they have got a new, state of the art stadium to pay for

They need a scapegoat, so I guess the lad that wears different clothes will suffice.

Is he really any more "distracted" by playing around with his fashion than other players are with their Xbox, or Golf, or women, or booze?

I think your average bloke just can't get their head around what he's up to and therefore want to blame him for everything
To be fair, DCL’s performance in a crucial match yesterday was a disgrace. Zero effort and contributed absolutely nothing. He’s been poor for a while, even allowing for his injuries. It does seem he’s more interested in trying to shock with his ludicrous fashion choices than he is in trying to keep Everton up.

I’m no fan of Everton and hope they go down but I can understand why many of their fans are pissed off with him.

If Everton get relegated and it's looking possible. (Quite like to see it in some way because it would make a change from usual suspects being relegated and kinda upset the establishment which is the formation of the Premier Division)

But if they do get relegated given their finances, would they HMS the league or be royally buggered?
I'm assuming they'll loose their best players and the only ones who seem to create anything for them. Left with a huge wage bill and a mix of old and not good and young and talented, who knows. Could easily go wrong. Could walk the league. The fact they'd likely loose DCL, Richarlison, Allan, Gray and have a lot of shit players on high wages would make the prospect of not going straight back up a distinct possibility.

I think them point is when footballers become more concerned about their off field interest's ,their onfield performances suffer ,dcl ,rashford ,MC b ,delli ali
Putting Rashford in there is a bit harsh btw. He's due a footballing dip considering he broke through so young.

Writing some powerful tweets and doing charity work isn't something that's likely to affect his career.

N.B. I've no idea if anyone on that list is actually unprofessional in anyway.

Putting Rashford in there is a bit harsh btw. He's due a footballing dip considering he broke through so young.

Writing some powerful tweets and doing charity work isn't something that's likely to affect his career.

N.B. I've no idea if anyone on that list is actually unprofessional in anyway.
My take is at a young age concentrate on the job in hand ,plenty of time later in life to get involved in ,fashion ,politics ,or anything else .
People should know when things are going swimmingly every body thinks your great ,but when the tide turns they are on you like a ton of bricks

My take is at a young age concentrate on the job in hand ,plenty of time later in life to get involved in ,fashion ,politics ,or anything else .
People should know when things are going swimmingly every body thinks your great ,but when the tide turns they are on you like a ton of bricks
Is that what you did in your 20s?

If you are playing shit and want a quietish life keep your head down and graft and dont attract unnecessary attention. If however you want to maximise your earnings potential, image rights etc do a DCL but expect to get a lot of stick.

No I was on the razz .but I wasn't a professional sportsman .
Are they on the razz? Or just performing slightly below the incredibly high standards that they have previously. In a career where people fade away on a very regular basis.

They're allowed a life away from the training pitch.

I'm guessing you were a professional something in your 20s?

To be fair, DCL’s performance in a crucial match yesterday was a disgrace. Zero effort and contributed absolutely nothing. He’s been poor for a while, even allowing for his injuries. It does seem he’s more interested in trying to shock with his ludicrous fashion choices than he is in trying to keep Everton up.

I’m no fan of Everton and hope they go down but I can understand why many of their fans are pissed off with him.

I don't really get why it seems like that.
What difference do his clothes make to anything?

In his downtime, he fucks about in shops trying on silly outfits. Other footballers will be doing something else, like playing PlayStation with their mates...

I just think it's a load of insecure white blokes with a bit of homophobia running through them that can't stand that someone who they thought of as one of them, now has interests that don't align with theirs.

Let's have it right, Everton are shite and none of their players are performing. They only paid £2m for DCL and they've had a great return on that investment. I think I know why he's being singled out and it's not his performance levels.

Everton's next 3 league games r tough games. Fun to see where they will be in table come end of April & will Lampard still be there as manager
1649360104574.png

I don't really get why it seems like that.
What difference do his clothes make to anything?

In his downtime, he fucks about in shops trying on silly outfits. Other footballers will be doing something else, like playing PlayStation with their mates...

I just think it's a load of insecure white blokes with a bit of homophobia running through them that can't stand that someone who they thought of as one of them, now has interests that don't align with theirs.

Let's have it right, Everton are shite and none of their players are performing. They only paid £2m for DCL and they've had a great return on that investment. I think I know why he's being singled out and it's not his performance levels.
Not sure why you are focusing on homophobia. DCL isn’t gay as far as I know - he just wears ridiculous clothes and gives the impression of not giving a toss when he plays football.

He looked excellent when he first went there but now strolls around doing nothing and giving the impression he doesn’t give a toss.

So you think Rashford should have let all those children go hungry without commenting and campaigning and just concentrated on his career. FFS the bloke is paragon of virtue using his position for the greater good compared to the many egos strutting around the Premier League.

So you think Rashford should have let all those children go hungry without commenting and campaigning and just concentrated on his career. FFS the bloke is paragon of virtue using his position for the greater good compared to the many egos strutting around the Premier League.
He’s also one of the most over-rated players in the PL. Average at best.

He’s very good at telling the government how to spend tax payers money whilst picking up £150k per week for sitting on a bench. Is that relevant?

It's the government's job to look after people, not Rashfords. He had every right to campaign as he did.

And not that it's relevant, but he gave away an absolute fortune of his own money to those charities and didn't make a song and dance about it.

It's the government's job to look after people, not Rashfords. He had every right to campaign as he did.

And not that it's relevant, but he gave away an absolute fortune of his own money to those charities and didn't make a song and dance about it.
I totally agree. It’s not relevant.

Are they on the razz? Or just performing slightly below the incredibly high standards that they have previously. In a career where people fade away on a very regular basis.

They're allowed a life away from the training pitch.

I'm guessing you were a professional something in your 20s?
Anyone who is lucky enough to earn a living as a professional athlete, must, in order to perform at the very highest level, make sacrifices in their personal life and accept restrictions of diet and lifestyle that people of a similar age, employed in other professions do not.

The trade off being, that success in their field will potentially set them up financially for the rest of their life. Consequently, they can retire in their 30’s and do whatever they want, with whoever they want, as often as they want. Anyone who would jeopardise that future lifestyle, by allowing outside distractions to detract from their professional performance is a moron.

Lads who work in regular jobs can do what they want, but their trade off is, they’ll be working until their 60’s, for less financial reward. To suggest the two lives are comparable, because of similar age is utterly ridiculous.

Loving this, hope they go down..

I remember the piss taking when they pulled our pants down with this lad, now he's the object of thier anger and possibly a "poster boy" for thier long overdue relegation..

Players in "suss" clothing is nothing new, once Liverpool put those cream suits on at Wembley and got all that attention the fashionistas realised they not only were a platform to show thier wares, but also dopey enough to wear it and pay thousands for it..

Note : players the stature of Beckham and Ronaldo don't pay for stuff, it comes free, Oli Burke is regularly seen with shopping bags outside shops, it's all easy to fathom out really isn't it..

*** I don't like the abuse BTW, I don't agree with that, just loving the ott reaction of the precious Everton fans.
Where's Unsworth now? Gone a bit quiet on the gloating and taking credit front.

Separately it's not a forgone conclusions they'd be straight back up. To use the Hillsborough cliche, it would be everyone's Cup Final in their first season down plus there will be a limit to the players they can retain simply because they won't want to play second tier. Likes of Colman might stay, but Richarlison, Pickford and Calvert-Lewin? Why would they? They have international ambitions which won't be served in the Championship.

Where's Unsworth now? Gone a bit quiet on the gloating and taking credit front.

Separately it's not a forgone conclusions they'd be straight back up. To use the Hillsborough cliche, it would be everyone's Cup Final in their first season down plus there will be a limit to the players they can retain simply because they won't want to play second tier. Likes of Colman might stay, but Richarlison, Pickford and Calvert-Lewin? Why would they? They have international ambitions which won't be served in the Championship.

They'd also experience the Premier league relegation "sulk" from a few players..

Some ego's in that dressing room..

At least they already have a manager who can scrape them 6th place 😁

Paragon of virtue?

I'd be interested to know whether he's swerving taxes by using his image rights before confirming that title.

my mate is a player liaison at man utd, its not all what it seems trust me, great PR team

Paragon of virtue?

I'd be interested to know whether he's swerving taxes by using his image rights before confirming that title.

He certainly won't be the only footballer, or person in power finding a workaround on their tax returns.
I work in an office full of people openly banging on about IR35 laws meaning they have to go on the books and they're gutted by it.
I'm sure all of the same fellas were out on their doorsteps applauding the NHS a couple of years ago when things took a turn.
Ask yourself, if you were a young lad earning millions and could afford a clever accountant and financial advisor - would you trust their advice? If they told you they had a legal way of ensuring you keep 10-15% more of your income, would you do it?

People hammer Lewis Hamilton over his alleged 'tax dodging,' but I'm yet to hear anybody say anything similar about Lando Norris. A young, white lad from a much wealthier background...
And yes (I'm on a tangent), but I do think race is relevant.

my mate is a player liaison at man utd, its not all what it seems trust me, great PR team

I take your point, but he's generating good PR for himself by doing good deeds. Whether or not they're totally selfless is beside the point.
He could be pumping all of his time and money into going out drinking with his mates, shagging as many women as possible and posting photos of himself cladded out in Gucci.
Instead he's campaigning for free school meals for kids of a similar background to his own and going out into his community and meeting and liaising with the public about their problems.
He's making a tangible difference whether a few of your mates think he's a bit of a nobhead or not...

Last edited:
DCL'S clothes arnt for me I think they look shit which I'm sure he will be gutted about. Not sure why his clothes are making him and Everton shit though maybe they have a curse on them. Does he wear that gear when he's out and about in Sheffield? I hope he does and doesn't just save it for magazine shoots.

He certainly won't be the only footballer, or person in power finding a workaround on their tax returns.
I work in an office full of people openly banging on about IR35 laws meaning they have to go on the books and they're gutted by it.
I'm sure all of the same fellas were out on their doorsteps applauding the NHS a couple of years ago when things took a turn.
Ask yourself, if you were a young lad earning millions and could afford a clever accountant and financial advisor - would you trust their advice? If they told you they had a legal way of ensuring you keep 10-15% more of your income, would you do it?

People hammer Lewis Hamilton over his alleged 'tax dodging,' but I'm yet to hear anybody say anything similar about Lando Norris. A young, white lad from a much wealthier background...

Him not being the only one doing it doesn't make it any more or less virtuous.

As for if I'd do it in his position: I can guarantee that if I did do it, I'd have the decency to keep quiet regarding the government's spending.

My point is that while "rasing awareness" or "being a voice for change" is all well and good, if people like Marcus Rashford want to make a difference; stopping participating in tax avoidance (synonym: evasion) would be a start.

Same sentiment applies to corporations and other wealthy individuals too, not just MR.

The reason why people bash Lewis Hamilton and not Lando Norris could be a veiled racial attack.

Equally, it could be because no one has heard of Lando Norris, I myself just had to Google him. Meanwhile, Lewis Hamilton is one of the most prominent sporting figures on the planet.

Back
Top Bottom