Dissertation Help Required - Survey & Info Needed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Done it. Generally I like surveys where I don't have to write anything, but with this one I would have liked to qualify some of my answers

That sounds a bit like a waste of a year or two of your life and you are now qualified to teach my projected grandchildren (havent got any yet) what exactly ?. Do you have any skills or knowledge fountains which may actually give my projected grandchildren any perceivable life skills to learn and face lifes obstacles or educate them in useful subjects apart from how to spend time in the uni bars.
He might be able to teach them how to respect other people, and not to be so dismissive of the things they devote their time and energy to, something that appears to have passed you by.

What subjects would you consider to be worthy of your ‘projected’ grandchildren’s time?

Done it. Generally I like surveys where I don't have to write anything, but with this one I would have liked to qualify some of my answers

It's a big topic and possibly quite an emotive one for many. I'd imagine if there was an option to write a few words about some of the questions, quite a few people would have done so, For that reason it's not really something I could facilitate. I've had over 100 responses already!

Done TomJonesBlade . Just glad I'm not 35 any more as I wouldn't have known which age box to tick - not sure if you're able to change it now but it would have been better (IMHO) to have 0-17, 18-34, 35-49, 50-64 etc rather than the overlapping ones

Done.

Based on your line of questions, i'd recommend the BT Sport documentary "Ours" if you haven't already. Very relevant to your study and very well put together in terms of football globalisation, return to fan ownership/involvement and the real life cases that currently exist e.g. Wimbledon, Rushden & Diamonds, Portsmouth, Boreham, Ebbsfleet etc.

Just having a watch of this. Thanks for the recommendation. Fascinating and quite relevant to what I'm looking at.

From the few I've seen I can't knock BT Sport Films at all. Very well made.

Good lord man, did someone piss on your Weetabix this morning?

A bigger waste of my life would be to respond to this as thoroughly and robustly as I would like to. Luckily, as you so kindly pointed out, I have work to do.
The restraint you have shown in responding to that shocker of a post will be a good example to your pupils.

Spot on. Roman land law and propaganda. That's where it's at!

New Labour’s relationship with Britpop, Cool Britannia and its effects on working-class culture.

Unfortunately, the title didn’t count towards the word count. Not sure if that’s the correct title word for word but it was something long winded like that haha.

No sorry i wasnt intending to be so down beat but Sunday was a great dissappointment what with Blades not turning up to play and Justin Rose dropping away in the Masters. I realised i had wasted the day wishing for different outcomes and was still in a bad mood this morning.
But having said all that i still stand by my points.
On the basis of your earlier post, I hope your grandkids are more disposed to follow the example set by their teachers rather than the one set by their grandfather. If disappointing results at football and golf lead you to gratuitously insult others, that would be a role-model for your grandkids to avoid. A piece of unsolicited advice: time with grandkids is time to be enjoyed. That is the best lesson you can teach them. Let others fret about their formal education.

Done the survey and wish you the best of luck.
Most of my friends are of the impression that we are saturated with football, which is available virtually every day of the week. The introduction of VAR has definitely reduced our enthusiasm and as such friends who support any number of different teams are falling out of love with the game. A perfect example is the FA cup,final,which was looked forward to for weeks before the 3.00 o’clock kickoff on a Saturday preceded by a full morning of games, interviews and the like. It is now another game in a crowded calendar of TV games and subsequently has limited attraction.

Done, I'd be interested to read it once you're done and dusted with it, and have your grade. Best of luck with it :)

Done. Was torn on a lot of the question - pros and cons meaning I both agree and disagree depending on which way I look at it!
As others have said, would be interested in the results.

Done. IMO EPL has been good for the game. I come from an era when it was poor stadia, facilities, pitches and football was viewed as a leper in society with all the off field trouble. Whilst I miss some of the passion of old the money generated has enabled us to see players of the likes of Bergkamp, Henry, Aguera etc. on a stage that would never have happened under the control of the old shirts at the FA. How the EPL is governed effectively is a separate subject.

I will miss the EPL as far as SUFC is concerned because it raised our profile significantly and put us among the elite for a few seasons. I want SUFC to be at the top table. I always aspired to work for the best including a top Insurance broker, leading FTSE 100 company and major Nationalised Industry. In every aspect public perception and reputation was vital to the work we did, one of the biggest influencers being the media. It equally applies to every EPL club and we have seen in recent weeks how critical effective communication can be for SUFC.

I smile when I see people trying to decry the benefits of studying the media when it is at the forefront of all major companies planning. Although having a legal and insurance background media training was part of my toolkit. I spent some time as a Strategic Communications Director working on government contracts, briefing media lawyers, appearing before select committees and trying to explain to senior civil servants that profit was not a dirty word. So an interesting career for those that go down that route.

Good luck with the dissertation. Couple of articles below that may include some useful information.

I completed it this morning and now my sky broadbands been cut off due to watching illegal streams. Bugger!

Yes a good point which i concede. I will make a memory aid to enquire the names of my grand childrens teachers ( in several years if i can remember) so can hold Mr Jones to account if he teaches a bit left field or encourages wokeness and veganism as i would equally discourage such brainwashing.
Someone with a PhD in astrophysics could also go on to teach and brainwash kids with veganism.
Have you considered homeschooling so to avoid all these slackers teaching your non existent grandkids veganism and uni bar drinking??

Back
Top Bottom