Dissertation Help Required - Survey & Info Needed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Skill level of English football through the roof?. Come on. If anything "skill level" is indecline. Fitness: cheating: shape and positioning may have increased but when was the last time you saw real skill. Its all 5 yard passes and turn of pace.
Really tired of hearing so called pundits saying "We have a lot of really talented youngster coming through " they've said that since the late eighties and still we haven't won a thing. To be honest the last few England games have been shocking: boring and very typically predictably English.

but thats the whole thing because pre wenger & post wenger. its night & day. when you think of diets, tactical awareness have been transformed. neil ruddock would never have been a top premier league player these days.

you have to look at england in qualifying for major tournaments qualification is no problem now but back then. best runners up in 1990s scraped through on the final day in 1992, 1998 & 2002. didnt qualify in 1994 & playoffs v scotland in 2000. then in it took 5 seasons for PL champions to make a CL SF

but the talented youngsters, that the line where i go the other way. because we have many but they dont get a opportunity because domestic players are constantly overlooked & harry kane 1 of great strikers in the world currently. but only got a chance because everyone else was injured

This is a debate needed in a pub over a pint or 3. But that's cheating use Razor as a example. Hey, there's worse players in the Premier league at the moment than him. But without going too deep I think we have a different view of skill. What I call skill is very rarely seen. You hear a lot of " see his movement off the ball". " timed his run to perfection". " He plays on the shoulder of defenders". All training: no skill.

That sounds a bit like a waste of a year or two of your life and you are now qualified to teach my projected grandchildren (havent got any yet) what exactly ?. Do you have any skills or knowledge fountains which may actually give my projected grandchildren any perceivable life skills to learn and face lifes obstacles or educate them in useful subjects apart from how to spend time in the uni bars.

Stretching it to say England has loads of talent to choose from, half of them wouldn't get near the teams of pre 1994. Since then we have been in decline good young English players don't get the game time in the Premier league where cheaper foreign players are bought in. A fair amount of decent players still only have a 100 or so appearances at 25yr old. We can still put out a decent 11 get any injuries and you are left with blokes of limited experience at top level. Very few present England players can truly be called World class.

Stretching it to say England has loads of talent to choose from, half of them wouldn't get near the teams of pre 1994. Since then we have been in decline good young English players don't get the game time in the Premier league where cheaper foreign players are bought in. A fair amount of decent players still only have a 100 or so appearances at 25yr old. We can still put out a decent 11 get any injuries and you are left with blokes of limited experience at top level. Very few present England players can truly be called World class.
The talent and quality has deffo been there, imo it's been the FA'S choice of management that been the problem.

Back
Top Bottom