Dissertation Help Required - Survey & Info Needed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Someone with a PhD in astrophysics could also go on to teach and brainwash kids with veganism.
Have you considered homeschooling so to avoid all these slackers teaching your non existent grandkids veganism and uni bar drinking??
I’m going to do a PGCE and then teach kids that life is meaningless, morality is nothing more than a human construct and all systems are corrupt.

Good afternoon all,

I'm about to get stuck into writing my dissertation for my BA Media at Hallam, and I need your help!

My area of research is about how globalisation and the media (namely TV rights deals) have contributed towards the enormous sums of money injected into the game since the inception of the Premier League in 1992, and whether it has resulted in a bad deal for fans of the game in the modern day.

I don't wish to say too much about how I'm breaking down each chapter and what I'm expecting/hoping to find as I don't want to lead respondents in any way. Should the responses go the way I don't expect them to, I'll follow the data.

If you could spare five minutes of your time to complete my survey, it would be hugely appreciated. Please click the link here >>> https://form.jotform.com/210833935744056

I'm hoping for about 100 responses, more if possible. With some of the questions centred around opinions of the Premier League, I thought I'd better broaden my net a bit to avoid any potential anti-PL bias stemming from an awful Sheffield United season 😁 I'm about to post the same survey on RedCafe (Man U) which appears to be well-used, but does anyone know of any other Premier League fan forums which are known to have a fair bit of traffic?

Thanks in advance for your help, and as ever, UTB.

Tom

Done, TJ.

Very best with it, do us proud.

And don’t forget that the NFL have their draft pick system that gives the worst team in one year the first draft pick in the next year, the second worst the second draft pick and so on so that the worst teams get better and the best teams get levelled down.
And if a particular draft pick is not required a club can swap the pick or picks or sell them to another team and keep the money to use for wages to pay other players. But the system can only work where it’s a closed system not open to sourcing players from outside. So won’t work and can never work in football ( soccer ).
Thank Gawd!

I completed it this morning and now my sky broadbands been cut off due to watching illegal streams. Bugger!
It asked have you watched an illegal stream in the last 5 years. Answered yes :but only watched one. Brighton away last season : as yet there's 10 minutes plus injury time still to play. Bugger.

Done; excellent questions. The key to these things is limiting your scope TomJonesBlade. I've done dissertations from 20,000 to 6,000 and pretty much everywhere in between. You never seem to have enough words.

Completed. It would also be interesting to research the opinions on VAR and how that has been brought about by the game becoming more centred around money and global TV audiences (same thing). Ultimately it looks like killing the game and alienating fans, which is all linked to your research.

A friend and I were discussing how football has developed since we started going to matches as kids many centuries ago.
At that time no one talked about 3 5 2 systems of play, you had full backs half backs and forwards. The forward line played the W formation, the wing halves came up and back and the full backs and the centre half stayed back in a line of three pivoting on the axis of the centre half.
All that changed when the Hungarian National side developed the deep lying centre forward role,one Hidegkuti played this role in the 1954 World Cup when they had a wonderful side but lost in the final to West Germany.
They came to Wembley and gave Billy Wright and co a lesson in football winning 6-3.
Subsequently Don Revie whilst at Man City played a deep lying centre forward role, they came to the Lane in August 1954 and won 5-2, [ Clarebrough's book " The first 100 Years" p219 ] records the event.
What happened then? Well apparently not a lot. Things wandered along , still the same reliance on a W formation for the forwards and the more successful sides relying heavily on the wingers for their scoring strengths e.g the Wolves side that played those wonderful floodlit games against Honved and others in the late 50's , and relied heavily on Hancock and Mullen , the wingers, for the scoring chances. Then Ramsey took over England and the wingers role became subsumed in the squad. I mean Alan Ball was ostensibly the winger in the 66 squad ! and Martin Peters the other one.! United lost their wingers a bit when Sabella came and Danny Bergera developed a centrist approach to our game.
In the old days a centre forward's physical requirement was tall, solidly built, able to run through a brick wall, able to head a ball at any height off the ground. Someone along the lines of Jock Dodds, Bobby Smith ( Spurs) although I agree Doc Pace wasn't built along those lines ,but now its more pace and ability to snatch that goal which makes them sought after.eg Aguero?
The style of play was to get the ball upfield as quickly as possible whilst the opposition was still channeling back. Now its more about possession , possession, search for the chink in the armour and if it's not there one one side come back and try the other.
I think the former way was more exciting.
Interesting to speculate where the game goes from here
Sorry for the ramble along memory lane.
Keep the faith.

TomJonesBlade can i also say what a brilliant question, Q4 was because its a really quantrary because there is no doubt premier league & its money has made the football attendance safer. also coaches like Wenger in late 90's & Guardiola recently, have transformed english football & the skill level of the english national team is through the roof.

but back in early days of we have far bigger pool of players to choose from. but as less & less domestic players are given a chance the pool has shrunk considerably

Good afternoon all,

I'm about to get stuck into writing my dissertation for my BA Media at Hallam, and I need your help!

My area of research is about how globalisation and the media (namely TV rights deals) have contributed towards the enormous sums of money injected into the game since the inception of the Premier League in 1992, and whether it has resulted in a bad deal for fans of the game in the modern day.

I don't wish to say too much about how I'm breaking down each chapter and what I'm expecting/hoping to find as I don't want to lead respondents in any way. Should the responses go the way I don't expect them to, I'll follow the data.

If you could spare five minutes of your time to complete my survey, it would be hugely appreciated. Please click the link here >>> https://form.jotform.com/210833935744056

I'm hoping for about 100 responses, more if possible. With some of the questions centred around opinions of the Premier League, I thought I'd better broaden my net a bit to avoid any potential anti-PL bias stemming from an awful Sheffield United season 😁 I'm about to post the same survey on RedCafe (Man U) which appears to be well-used, but does anyone know of any other Premier League fan forums which are known to have a fair bit of traffic?

Tom
done mine. not really influenced by this season.

I'd ask Roygbiv for the best epl sites.

Have you thought of asking non epl fans?

That sounds a bit like a waste of a year or two of your life and you are now qualified to teach my projected grandchildren (havent got any yet) what exactly ?. Do you have any skills or knowledge fountains which may actually give my projected grandchildren any perceivable life skills to learn and face lifes obstacles or educate them in useful subjects apart from how to spend time in the uni bars.
TomJonesBlade I wouldn't pay too much attention to this.

What did Bucksblade do with his/her degree that justifies this level of arrogance?

It's a big topic and possibly quite an emotive one for many. I'd imagine if there was an option to write a few words about some of the questions, quite a few people would have done so, For that reason it's not really something I could facilitate. I've had over 100 responses already!
work with the wisdom of crowds young man. The more the merrier

Why no pork talk? We all know it's massive with at least 40B members in S Yorks alone.
What would those knobs know about Globalisation and the Premier League? Unless they are in their late 20's or older their fan base can't even remember watching a Premier League game at the sty, all they know is what grandad tells em.

Good afternoon all,

Tom
Done

TomJonesBlade can i also say what a brilliant question, Q4 was because its a really quantrary because there is no doubt premier league & its money has made the football attendance safer. also coaches like Wenger in late 90's & Guardiola recently, have transformed english football & the skill level of the english national team is through the roof.

but back in early days of we have far bigger pool of players to choose from. but as less & less domestic players are given a chance the pool has shrunk considerably
Skill level of English football through the roof?. Come on. If anything "skill level" is indecline. Fitness: cheating: shape and positioning may have increased but when was the last time you saw real skill. Its all 5 yard passes and turn of pace.
Really tired of hearing so called pundits saying "We have a lot of really talented youngster coming through " they've said that since the late eighties and still we haven't won a thing. To be honest the last few England games have been shocking: boring and very typically predictably English.

Back
Top Bottom