Dissertation Help Required - Survey & Info Needed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That sound a bit like a waste of a year or two of your life and you are now qualified to teach my projected grandchildren (havent got any yet) what exactly ?. Do you have any skills or knowledge fountains which may actually give my projected grandchildren any perceivable life skills to learn and face lifes obstacles or educate them in useful subjects apart from how to spend time in the uni bars.

Good lord man, did someone piss on your Weetabix this morning?

A bigger waste of my life would be to respond to this as thoroughly and robustly as I would like to. Luckily, as you so kindly pointed out, I have work to do.

Done.

Based on your line of questions, i'd recommend the BT Sport documentary "Ours" if you haven't already. Very relevant to your study and very well put together in terms of football globalisation, return to fan ownership/involvement and the real life cases that currently exist e.g. Wimbledon, Rushden & Diamonds, Portsmouth, Boreham, Ebbsfleet etc.
If I won't pay for BT Sport where can I get an illegal stream? 😂

I'll fill this in when I get 5 minutes TomJonesBlade but here are some big Prem forums

The Fighting Cock-Spurs
Bluemoon-Man City
Grand Old Team-Everton
Foxes Talk-Leicester
Villa Talk-Aston Villa
Holmesdale.net-Palace
WestBrom.com-West Brom
Knees Up Mother Brown-West Ham
North Stand Chat-Brighton

The bigger clubs often don't have one huge forum but about a thousand smaller ones

Good afternoon all,

I'm about to get stuck into writing my dissertation for my BA Media at Hallam, and I need your help!

My area of research is about how globalisation and the media (namely TV rights deals) have contributed towards the enormous sums of money injected into the game since the inception of the Premier League in 1992, and whether it has resulted in a bad deal for fans of the game in the modern day.

I don't wish to say too much about how I'm breaking down each chapter and what I'm expecting/hoping to find as I don't want to lead respondents in any way. Should the responses go the way I don't expect them to, I'll follow the data.

If you could spare five minutes of your time to complete my survey, it would be hugely appreciated. Please click the link here >>> https://form.jotform.com/210833935744056

I'm hoping for about 100 responses, more if possible. With some of the questions centred around opinions of the Premier League, I thought I'd better broaden my net a bit to avoid any potential anti-PL bias stemming from an awful Sheffield United season 😁 I'm about to post the same survey on RedCafe (Man U) which appears to be well-used, but does anyone know of any other Premier League fan forums which are known to have a fair bit of traffic?

Thanks in advance for your help, and as ever, UTB.

Tom

The only problem with surveys is the answers are usually given from a personal angle so are always biased towards your own club with little consideration regards the future of the game. Basically most people are selfish. Most EFL fans hate the PL until their club gains promotion to it.

Also these things are always a double edged sword. Is progress good or bad?....it depends how your own club is effected..there are winners and losers.

The PL model is just as natural expansion/ growth of when the game turned professional.
Sheffield FC turned its back on this model and deliberately chose to stay amateur....they probably thought money would ruin the game.

I wonder how many Sheffield FC fans are basking in the glory of resisting temptation and staying amateur? Did Sheffield FC make the right deciisn?
The more money there is in any sport or business...then it often means there’s a greater chance of corruption.

In business it’s often shark eat shark....the big become bigger and the small die away.
I suppose the only answer is the US NFL models...where the league is more powerful than any club.
The NFL league ensures there’s no relegation and they have introduced a transfer handicap ensuring no club can ever dominate.

I'll fill this in when I get 5 minutes TomJonesBlade but here are some big Prem forums

The Fighting Cock-Spurs
Bluemoon-Man City
Grand Old Team-Everton
Foxes Talk-Leicester
Villa Talk-Aston Villa
Holmesdale.net-Palace
WestBrom.com-West Brom
Knees Up Mother Brown-West Ham
North Stand Chat-Brighton

The bigger clubs often don't have one huge forum but about a thousand smaller ones
Why no pork talk? We all know it's massive with at least 40B members in S Yorks alone.

Good lord man, did someone piss on your Weetabix this morning?

A bigger waste of my life would be to respond to this as thoroughly and robustly as I would like to. Luckily, as you so kindly pointed out, I have work to do.
No sorry i wasnt intending to be so down beat but Sunday was a great dissappointment what with Blades not turning up to play and Justin Rose dropping away in the Masters. I realised i had wasted the day wishing for different outcomes and was still in a bad mood this morning.
But having said all that i still stand by my points.

That sounds a bit like a waste of a year or two of your life and you are now qualified to teach my projected grandchildren (havent got any yet) what exactly ?. Do you have any skills or knowledge fountains which may actually give my projected grandchildren any perceivable life skills to learn and face lifes obstacles or educate them in useful subjects apart from how to spend time in the uni bars.
When has not having a relevant degree stopped a primary school teacher before? As I understand it you get a general qualification through the PGCE and as you're not teaching specific subjects in any level of detail then a specific degree isn't required. If he said he was going on to teach A Level Maths or Physics I'd be worried.

His name is prominent on the survey as well so if your (future) grandkids come home complaining that Mr Jones is making them watch shitty arthouse films instead of teaching them basic maths and phonics then maybe PM him threateningly on here.

Done.

But suspicious of that last question though. Just waiting for the rozzers now, son's crying, nice one.

When has not having a relevant degree stopped a primary school teacher before? As I understand it you get a general qualification through the PGCE and as you're not teaching specific subjects in any level of detail then a specific degree isn't required. If he said he was going on to teach A Level Maths or Physics I'd be worried.

His name is prominent on the survey as well so if your (future) grandkids come home complaining that Mr Jones is making them watch shitty arthouse films instead of teaching them basic maths and phonics then maybe PM him threateningly on here.
Yes a good point which i concede. I will make a memory aid to enquire the names of my grand childrens teachers ( in several years if i can remember) so can hold Mr Jones to account if he teaches a bit left field or encourages wokeness and veganism as i would equally discourage such brainwashing.

The only problem with surveys is the answers are usually given from a personal angle so are always biased towards your own club with little consideration regards the future of the game. Basically most people are selfish. Most EFL fans hate the PL until their club gains promotion to it.

Also these things are always a double edged sword. Is progress good or bad?....it depends how your own club is effected..there are winners and losers.

The PL model is just as natural expansion/ growth of when the game turned professional.
Sheffield FC turned its back on this model and deliberately chose to stay amateur....they probably thought money would ruin the game.

I wonder how many Sheffield FC fans are basking in the glory of resisting temptation and staying amateur? Did Sheffield FC make the right deciisn?
The more money there is in any sport or business...then it often means there’s a greater chance of corruption.

In business it’s often shark eat shark....the big become bigger and the small die away.
I suppose the only answer is the US NFL models...where the league is more powerful than any club.
The NFL league ensures there’s no relegation and they have introduced a transfer handicap ensuring no club can ever dominate.
And don’t forget that the NFL have their draft pick system that gives the worst team in one year the first draft pick in the next year, the second worst the second draft pick and so on so that the worst teams get better and the best teams get levelled down.
And if a particular draft pick is not required a club can swap the pick or picks or sell them to another team and keep the money to use for wages to pay other players. But the system can only work where it’s a closed system not open to sourcing players from outside. So won’t work and can never work in football ( soccer ).

Done. Disappointed to see this year I am in the last age bracket box! If you'd asked last year, I would have been lumped in with the 35 year olds!

That sounds a bit like a waste of a year or two of your life and you are now qualified to teach my projected grandchildren (havent got any yet) what exactly ?. Do you have any skills or knowledge fountains which may actually give my projected grandchildren any perceivable life skills to learn and face lifes obstacles or educate them in useful subjects apart from how to spend time in the uni bars.
Completely unnecessary comments, churlish and boorish.

Yes a good point which i concede. I will make a memory aid to enquire the names of my grand childrens teachers so can hold Mr Jones to account if he teaches a bit left field or encourages wokeness and veganism as i would equally discourage such brainwashing.
'Wokeness' is a made up term so hopefully they're safe from that.

Done.

It’s a weirdly satisfying thing handing in a finished dissertation. I honestly don’t think I knew anything as inside out as the subject I wrote mine on and you still worry as to whether you know enough.

There’s also nothing wrong with changing your thesis if the results aren’t what you expect. I changed the title of mine about 3 or 4 times before settling on the final one based on the research I’d done and what was available to me.

Good luck.

Done. Wasn't aware things like dissertations were still a thing, think I've written longer posts on here than the amount I had to write when I was at Sheffield

Done. But really think if another viewing platform became available (not Netflix) it should be run and owned by the EPL or FA who then plough the money back into football. Simon Jordan did a programme on this and said it would be so easy for them to do . Think the figures where SKY pay two billion but rake in over 5 billion .

Done.

And good luck. I really enjoyed writing my dissertations - dare I say it, they were fun!

I found mine quite enjoyable. I think it’s very dependent on picking something you actually enjoy though. If you pick something you’re going to find work then it’s going to be a very long year.

It will be referenced!

Cheers fella. Never written anything this large before (although at 6,000 words, it's shitloads smaller than what students of yesteryear were asked to write...make of that what you will!)
Dissertation 6,000 words. Bloody joke.

Mine was 18,000 for my MA 3 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom