Derby fans aren't happy (and I don't blame them)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We've just had two seasons allowing 2900 away fans in. We've shown that we can do it safely. So why the fuck has SAG reduced the capacity by 500?

I’m not happy, just bought ticket for my 4year old grandson, cost £22. So much for twenties plenty when a 4year old can’t get in for that price :mad:
the club should hang their heads in shame charging £22 for a 4 year old thats not the way to attract future fans why not just make it a fiver for under 7s just doesnt make sense to me 🤔

the club should hang their heads in shame charging £22 for a 4 year old thats not the way to attract future fans why not just make it a fiver for under 7s just doesnt make sense to me 🤔

At the moment the club aren’t desperate to attract future fans….there’s no where to put them….the ground only holds 28K- 29K for home fans,
Once our gates start dropping down to nearer 20K then the cheap ticket offers will appear to attract more fans.

This season we’re the best supported team in the division.
Even with a poor start and high prices we‘re still averaging 27.5K.

I’ve mentioned this before. You would suspect SU have spent hours and hours studying data and statistics to devise a ticketing strategy to maximise income.
My theory is either this season is a one-off, we’ve kept virtually all our PL players and brought in PL players on loan, hence the higher prices.
If we fail to gain promotion then reduced finances mean we will have to down size and offload our better players, so you would imagine ticket prices would reduce.

or maybe SU are deliberately setting higher pay on the day prices and if they keep ST prices quite low.
It kind of forces even half hearted fans who only attend 50% of matches, to buy a season ticket.
Maybe SU are hoping that next year we’ll have over 25K season ticket holders.

Last edited:
We've just had two seasons allowing 2900 away fans in. We've shown that we can do it safely. So why the fuck has SAG reduced the capacity by 500?
Exactly.

Proves beyond reasonable doubt that the SAG’s influence ranks some way below SKY TV and The FA Premier League, whose product has to ‘look right’.

Now, we’re back in the Championship, the SAG is back in charge and enjoying their little bit of power.

Regards “sold out”. They’ve currently only been given 2,065 tickets
So at the moment on Saturday the away end bottom tier will only be 2 thirds full.

This season we’ve given away clubs a max of 2,550 tickets. So it’s weird why we’ve given Derby less?
Maybe we’ll send them a 3rd allocation of another 485 tickets today?

At the moment the club aren’t desperate to attract future fans….there’s no where to put them….the ground only holds 28K- 29K for home fans,
Once our gates start dropping down to nearer 20K then the cheap ticket offers will appear to attract more fans.

I’ve mentioned this before. You would suspect SU have spent hours and hours studying data and statistics to devise a ticketing strategy to maximise income.
My theory is either this season is a one-off, we’ve kept virtually all our PL players and brought in PL players on loan, hence the higher prices.
If we fail to gain promotion then reduced finances mean we will have to down size and offload our better players, so you would imagine ticket prices would reduce.

or maybe SU are deliberately setting higher pay on the day prices and if they keep ST prices quite low.
It kind of forces even half hearted fans who only attend 50% of matches, to buy a season ticket.
Stats and data? The only stats and data relevant here is £22 for a 4 year old. Hoped better from my club that is in a position to pay tens of thousands of pounds per week to its Championship players.
Perhaps Billy can get the millionairre players to take matters into their own hands and donate a tiny fraction of their earnings to make sure 4 year old kids are never charged £22 again?

They aren't getting anymore tickets just over 2 k ,might be lack of stewards?

dont make excuses for the club charging scandalous prices they should be ashamed especially with kids pricing but i do agree with your last paragraph there trying to force fans in to buying season tickets by charging inflated matchday prices however i fear season ticket holders are in for a shock next season i think there will be a significant increase

Dropped below Forest - the footballing gods must really be pissed with them.

dont make excuses for the club charging scandalous prices they should be ashamed especially with kids pricing but i do agree with your last paragraph there trying to force fans in to buying season tickets by charging inflated matchday prices however i fear season ticket holders are in for a shock next season i think there will be a significant increase
Definitely agree the prices need looking at. Wouldn't say the club are forcing you into buying a season ticket, the ST price is more than reasonable imo, and there's ways to split it over several months.

Tickets update v Derby
South stand 80 tickets left
John Street 130 left
kop approx 1200 left
Plenty left on Bramall Lane upper(£38 for adults)

Don't know how this will affect then Saturday ? Will it make them fight more / play better ??

£60 million in debt. That's more than some small countries.
Chairman blaming Covid, but this smells more of financial mismanagement. If it was Covid alone, a host of clubs would be in the brown and dirty. Why just Derby, unless theres more incoming.

Mel Morris is gonna reveal he’s Peter Ridsdale. Fucking hell!

I’m not happy, just bought ticket for my 4year old grandson, cost £22. So much for twenties plenty when a 4year old can’t get in for that price :mad:

That's a joke. For future reference it might be worth looking at a season ticket if you have the intention of taking any kids in your family (you could share one between several kids). Twice or more a season and it's pretty much paid for itself (maybe a bit more if not renewing). I believe it was about £50 to renew. You also avoid the £1 booking fees and the queueing etc.
I'm in a similar boat to yourself. The ticket only gets used for weekend games. It's too cost prohibitive to pay £20+ for maybe 10-15 games for a young un imo.

In that case there will be a significant drop and that's coming from a season ticket holder for more than 50 years.With all that's going on with Brexit,covid and power prices money will be tight for many people and we pride ourselves on being a working class club.
The club will have to think long and hard especially if we don't get promotion

Definitely agree the prices need looking at. Wouldn't say the club are forcing you into buying a season ticket, the ST price is more than reasonable imo, and there's ways to split it over several months.
maybe forcing is the wrong word their clearly trying to influence fans in to buying season tickets by charging extortionate prices for matchday tickets but it simply isnt fair on fans who cant commit through work or financial limitations its one thing i will credit mcabe for he kept prices down for years but i can see season tickets going up next season and in that case no way will we sell 21k again

That's a joke. For future reference it might be worth looking at a season ticket if you have the intention of taking any kids in your family (you could share one between several kids). Twice or more a season and it's pretty much paid for itself (maybe a bit more if not renewing). I believe it was about £50 to renew. You also avoid the £1 booking fees and the queueing etc.
I'm in a similar boat to yourself. The ticket only gets used for weekend games. It's too cost prohibitive to pay £20+ for maybe 10-15 games for a young un imo.
Yeh, when my kids first started going (33 years ago mind) the junior season tickets were £20 with junior membership. Think 4 day ticks cost that much so it was a no brainier.
This Saturdays ticket is to see if my grandson is ready to go with us yet, he’s 4.5years but I started taking mine when they were 5-6 years old.

Problem is fans will always pay it. It will put some off but there will always be a decent amount that buy the tickets.

Remember when we boycotted Bolton away….and ended up selling out.

I boycotted Bolton away at least

I can't see myself paying top level game prices. I would probably have gone this weekend, but the Derby fans are right, it's a rip off, so I'm paying half the price to check off a new ground in Harrogate

I boycotted Bolton away at least

I can't see myself paying top level game prices. I would probably have gone this weekend, but the Derby fans are right, it's a rip off, so I'm paying half the price to check off a new ground in Harrogate
probably be 4k empty seats realistic pricing from the club and this game could have sold out just doesnt make sense

Bonkers. Absolutely bonkers. All clubs in the league should come to a joint agreement on away ticket prices pre season.
Easier said than done. We know there's a cap in the PL at £30, but the difference the ticket prices make in that division is as good as nothing anyway. The forther down the pyramid you go, the more reliant the club is on ticket revenue so its a very fine balance.

The tickets for them today are steep, no doubt. But they've sold out. A boycott will rarely ever happen by fans of any club. I flat out refused to pay the £42 at Hillsbrough the other year but paid £39 to go to Leeds. It wasn't the prices that put me off to be honest.

£60 million in debt. That's more than some small countries.
Chairman blaming Covid, but this smells more of financial mismanagement. If it was Covid alone, a host of clubs would be in the brown and dirty. Why just Derby, unless theres more incoming.

In a recent interview the Prince mentioned sheffield united had an £80m budget deficit at the start of the season... hence the sale of ramsdale and no permanent signings other than a free agent... If we don't go straight back up or get new investment give it a few years and we will be in derby's position

Back
Top Bottom