Derby fans aren't happy (and I don't blame them)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Being ripped off for the forthcoming United v Derby match. United need to rethink ticket prices for home and away fans.
(The last comment on page one is from a Tyler Durden, surely not.the same one who used to post on here!?)

Yeah this is really poor from the club. I hope they get a sense of the disapproval and change their approach to this asap.

We used to rip the piss out of Wednesday when Chanser started milking them, please let's not follow his model.

The first real chance to put matchday prices up significantly was taken by the new ownership (away fans capped at £30 in the Premier League).. Matchday prices are a disgrace now. It is the same or even worse for POTG home fans by the way. The only way in which we differ from the Chansiri regime re tickets is that season tickets haven't had such a significant bump. We also dealt with Covid era refunds in the correct manner unlike Chancer. Season tickets have stayed reasonable, although they have gone up more than we are accustomed to at BL.. United have sold more home season tickets than at any other time in the Championship this season by the way. The backing at the turnstiles has been unbelievable.

Rip off ticket prices seems alien to the clubs i.d. and essence to me. It's not United. It'd be interesting to see what the revenue differential is on the forecasts. I doubt it's remotely significant which makes it even more offensive imo

Problem is fans will always pay it. It will put some off but there will always be a decent amount that buy the tickets.

Remember when we boycotted Bolton away….and ended up selling out.
wrong united fans wont pay it the club are taking the piss with these prices absolutely disgusting the prince is getting like chansiri totally unfair to penalise fans who either cant afford a season ticket or cant get to every game through work or other matters they need to have a rethink and fast and all its going to do is make other clubs charge our away fans the same prices

Wasn’t Yank a Derby fan at some point? I bet he’s stirring it up!

It’s shocking though, I’d happily email the club if someone gave me a decent email address that might be able to change the prices. Emailing the ticket office seems a bit pointless.

wrong united fans wont pay it the club are taking the piss with these prices absolutely disgusting the prince is getting like chansiri totally unfair to penalise fans who either cant afford a season ticket or cant get to every game through work or other matters they need to have a rethink and fast and all its going to do is make other clubs charge our away fans the same prices
I do remember the boycott though, I joined in and was raging that we'd sold out anyway.

Shit pricing, end of really. I’m in full agreement, anyone paying that to watch second division football want their head testing.

Don't forget your £1 booking fee per ticket by the way (not applicable if bought at the ground). It used to be £1 per transaction so bulk buying was rewarded.

Memberships are also a joke now: £40 cost. £1 off matchday ticket prices. Or £20 for a junior membership with a £2 discount

Last edited:
Don't forget your £1 booking fee per ticket by the way (not applicable if bought at the ground). It used to be £1 per transaction so bulk buying was rewarded.

Memberships are also a joke now: £40 cost. £1 off matchday ticket prices. Or £20 for a junior membership with a £2 discount

Can you use that club cash towards tickets? That's not amazing but might get a few quid off for people that buy individual tickets until they look at this.

£35 should be absolutely top whack and even that's pushing it. Like, I'd pay £35 if we were playing PSG in the Champions League, for the Championship against Derby pissing County, you're having a laugh at £41 for the South. Should be half that.

I understand that we've been relegated and need to get some money in, but there has to be less obscene ways.

lets say crowd is 28k average. OTD/Away tickets were on average £35 and then minus the 20k season tickets

thats 8,000 x £35 = £280,000

23 home games so thats 280,000 x 23

£6,440,000 per season

Lets say we cut ticket prices by a 3rd making them on average £23.45

The club would lose £2,125,200 per year

According to sportrac,
Verrips is on £1,000,000 per year
Robinson is on £570,000 per year
Burke is on £456,000 per year

Job sorted ;)

lets say crowd is 28k average. OTD/Away tickets were on average £35 and then minus the 20k season tickets

thats 8,000 x £35 = £280,000

23 home games so thats 280,000 x 23

£6,440,000 per season

Lets say we cut ticket prices by a 3rd making them on average £23.45

The club would lose £2,125,200 per year

According to sportrac,
Verrips is on £1,000,000 per year
Robinson is on £570,000 per year
Burke is on £456,000 per year

Job sorted ;)
I know you were being sarcastic but in reality average ticket price is nowhere near £35. First 3 games have all been Cat A which is £33 for away fans. When you then add in the discounts (juniors, seniors etc) then I suspect the average price is significantly closer to £25. Takes it down to £4.6m a season. Suppose if you cut by a third it would also mean you could keep Burke or Robinson based on your figures.......

Back
Top Bottom