Match Thread Derby County v. Sheffield United - 15th January 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

DERB
DERB
DERB

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1642243598688.png V. 1642243608333.png
Championship Week 23 - Saturday 15th January 2022 - 15:00 - Pride Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Derby County vs Sheffield United

Officials:

Referee: Graham Scott
Assistant Referee: Matthew Wilkes
Assistant Referee: Shaun Hudson
Fourth Official: Darren Drysdale

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 10.46.12.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Tbh you’re spot on, if he doesn’t score he offers fuck all (bar the games where every player around him has been on fire and he’s padded assists). All for 7 goals, half of which are penalties

He’s a blades legend but people are blinded by his current performances because of that

If he was banging them in fair enough 4 goals in 22/23 games is poor if he isn’t doing anything else

it’s funny how the owners managed to find money to pay the compo to get rid of Slav and his team. Money that could and should have bee spent on decent players.
They knew they couldnt afford new players and we had to make do with what we had. Seems Slav wasnt the man to make the most out of what we had so they cut their losses . Probs cheaper to get rid of him than get new players in.

I thought both Berge & McGoldrick were rubbish, however you’re right you might as well have taken Sharp off also shite because McGoldrick was showing for the ball.

Berge played higher up the pitch that Hourhaine so the two subs kind of made us more defensive & weaker.

Hopefully Hecko learns from it.

Berge hasn’t played 90 mins for about a year so any criticism is unfair

Didz was poor but he is our best player

Taking didz off was laughable you can’t keep the ball if you take him off we did and lost all control we had with Berge and didz

To be fair to Hecky, he's had to work from home all week so training input presumably done by McCall and Lester.
Harsh to blame Hecky for today's shit show.
Don’t blame Hecky for anything

He’s worked wonders so far

Blame the guy who walked away and blew our money on the waste of spaces that get the piss took out of them every week by our own supporters

To be fair, Heckingbottom wasn't there today to dig into them. However, the team that started you could tell it was too weak, especially midfield and left side of defence. It's a tough old division the championship, especially away from home, you need strong players, physically and mentally and that team was bereft of them today.

Hecky needs to do a bit of trading this window, we have players that can go. Berge, Burke, Mousset and McBurnie could all be traded in for players we do need with the right mental attitude. Olsen and Davies can go back (the latter provided we bring defenders in). Bring in a big dominant centre half, goalkeeper, another centre mid and maybe bring back Jebison. Get Jaggers in as cover centre half.

They knew they couldnt afford new players and we had to make do with what we had. Seems Slav wasnt the man to make the most out of what we had so they cut their losses . Probs cheaper to get rid of him than get new players in.
Correct

He’s a blades legend but people are blinded by his current performances because of that

If he was banging them in fair enough 4 goals in 22/23 games is poor if he isn’t doing anything else
We.Dont.Have.Anyone.Else...Brewster is not the answer, see his pathetic flick attempt near the end when he should have got hold of the ball, and McBurnedknee is on a perma-holiday, and when he did play he was a liability. For me Sharp is too old to start games but the rest are a fcking shower.

There’s no spark nobody to take the game by the scruff of the neck we’re watching robots moving the ball in preprepared lines and that‘s why we can’t score we’re too obvious.

Why appoint him in the first place, then?
If the present owners can’t run a football club, they should urgently look for someone who can.

To be fair, Heckingbottom wasn't there today to dig into them. However, the team that started you could tell it was too weak, especially midfield and left side of defence. It's a tough old division the championship, especially away from home, you need strong players, physically and mentally and that team was bereft of them today.

Hecky needs to do a bit of trading this window, we have players that can go. Berge, Burke, Mousset and McBurnie could all be traded in for players we do need with the right mental attitude. Olsen and Davies can go back (the latter provided we bring defenders in). Bring in a big dominant centre half, goalkeeper, another centre mid and maybe bring back Jebison. Get Jaggers in as cover centre half.
Now that makes sense

Couple of small issues perhaps?

Who will take them off our hands ?

The owners will still not free up money for Hecky

Watched on the stream, man that was a hard watch,feel sorry for the Blades fans who travelled.. lack of games could be a factor,but after a couple of chances earlier on, we never looked like scoring,looked lethargic,lacking creativity, moved the ball far to slowly, dived into challenges.
Derby were poor, there for the taking, but we struggled to break them down and gifted them 2 goals..need to bounce back next game v Preston.

Sorry to be critical too, just leaving the ground and our fans were terrible inc me in that. Absolutely no atmosphere at all from us. Derby never stopped singing a real fighting performance
You should have stayed and boooooded the fuckers off, it's the least they deserved

We will stay up,(just) then a big clearout needed and the Prince has to put some money in, Basham, McGoldrick, Sharp, Baldock all too old now, get rid of Burke, Berge, McBurnie, Robinson, for whatever offers come in (if any) hope to sign MGW and Davies, get Jebbison back with Ndiaye and I would keep Brewster,midfield needs serious strengthening and a couple of defenders. As I said cash input needed.

We will stay up,(just) then a big clearout needed and the Prince has to put some money in, Basham, McGoldrick, Sharp, Baldock all too old now, get rid of Burke, Berge, McBurnie, Robinson, for whatever offers come in (if any) hope to sign MGW and Davies, get Jebbison back with Ndiaye and I would keep Brewster,midfield needs serious strengthening and a couple of defenders. As I said cash input needed.
Oh mate

I feel for you , truly

Disappointing performance today.

In the first half we created little and offered even less up front and relied on our defence to keep us in the game.

Second half the defence didn't turn up either and we were toast.

Got to give credit to Derby. Fighting to stay up, 2 great goals and if they stay up it will be one of the great football stories.

Now I'm off home to weep a thousand tears.

extremely poor especially the 2nd half. maybe (off the top of my head) the worst ive seen since west Brom at hawthorns. but i was saying dont take derby lightly as all season Rooney been doing miracles at that club. now 35pts from 26 games its close to play off form with a team almost everyone predicted relegation for before any deductions

then added to fact of how poor we had been. ive no idea what our tactics were in attack. poor in possession, mcgoldrick on the wing, long hoofs up derby's tall CBs & asking billy sharp whoses never been peter crouch to win headers. which is why yes it can be infuriating playing out from the back but alternative is that 2nd half. then baffling decisions when we had finally had got into that final 1/3rd.

mcgoldrick being 6yds out & laying it off to ndiaye on the stroke of half time. have a shot & this is the elephant in the room of course we love Billy & you cant fault his effort & passion. but their have been few times this season like in that 1st half. he's missing chances that few yrs ago he would score in his sleep you would be a fool to not question why is that. is it form, age, bad luck, or lacking confidence

defending was a woeful too easy for Lawrence to beat his man & 2nd VAR would probably called it offside. but if your going to be that bad with the ball as we were then your leaving yourself open to get punished on the counter attack.

Fair play to Derby. Wanted it more and their fans were aa loud and supportive as any of my several visits to PP or the Baseball.

Less said the better about us.

Fucking wank from back to front. No fight, no bottle, no guile, no imagination, no attempt to change what wasn't working.

Sobering performance after the optimism of the last three or four league games.

Really poor performance today, no one played well at all.

I’m hoping the reason for playing with no pace up front is that we had no one with pace fit. It was pitiful.

Davies and Stearman go to bed and dream about playing against slow attackers who get the ball punted up to them and we played to their strengths.

Talking to a couple of Derby fans on the train back they were shocked that Lawrence played as he did, the same with Ebosele. It was a once a season performance by each apparently.

A bad day at the office but we’re not all of a sudden completely shit again I hope.

Imagine being the team below Derby with their 21 point deduction.

We were the better team in the first half, they came back into it as the second half wore on. They were crap though, which doesn't say a great deal for us today.

As for people saying our support was poor, I think they need to remember to take their hearing aid next time, it was all us singing in the first half. "Football in a library" made a few appearances, as did "they're here, they're there, there every fuckin where, empty seats, empty seats".

Derby tried to get us joining in, when they sang "fuck EFL, fuck EFL, fuck EFL" (to the tune of, we're the Shoreham boys, making all the noise, everywhere we go"), instead, the Blades fans sang "pay your fuckin bills, pay your fuckin bills", to the same tune. This game would have been tailor made for MGW and (dare I say it) Mousse, to break forward and cause mistakes from Stearman and co.

Not many positives today, pretty poor from most of the players, and a shocking drive back home, what an utterly wank road system, Derby has, not fit for purpose.

I'd be hard pressed to pick a man-of-the-match.

Back
Top Bottom