Match Thread Derby County v. Sheffield United - 15th January 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

DERB
DERB
DERB

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1642243598688.png V. 1642243608333.png
Championship Week 23 - Saturday 15th January 2022 - 15:00 - Pride Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Derby County vs Sheffield United

Officials:

Referee: Graham Scott
Assistant Referee: Matthew Wilkes
Assistant Referee: Shaun Hudson
Fourth Official: Darren Drysdale

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 10.46.12.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Can we buy some of Derby's players ? They need the money.

Looks so unorganised today it’s unbelievable. The drop off these players have had since finishing 9th in the Prem is absolutely terrifying. No fucker will buy them on their contracts, what a shit show. Dread to see what happens in the next few years.

Just seen the Middlesbrough result. Wilder can fuck off leaving us in this disgusting mess, couldn’t give a fuck what he did for us, went out of the back door leaving these useless set of pricks behind.

Absolute shambles today a team full of shirkers who didn’t show for the ball and hid whenever in possession

The only two players who bothered showing for the ball Berge/Didz were taken off after 60 minutes at 0-0

How billy sharp gets away with doing f** all and missing sitters I do not know

Some blades would be happy if he was still up front and we were in the vanarama conference north
I thought both Berge & McGoldrick were rubbish, however you’re right you might as well have taken Sharp off also shite because McGoldrick was showing for the ball.

Berge played higher up the pitch that Hourhaine so the two subs kind of made us more defensive & weaker.

Hopefully Hecko learns from it.

What bit of that do you disagree with exactly
Tbh you’re spot on, if he doesn’t score he offers fuck all (bar the games where every player around him has been on fire and he’s padded assists). All for 7 goals, half of which are penalties

Looks so unorganised today it’s unbelievable. The drop off these players have had since finishing 9th in the Prem is absolutely terrifying. No fucker will buy them on their contracts, what a shit show. Dread to see what happens in the next few years
We will sell N'diaye and berge "to cover losses" with no investment in the team as the Wilder transfer flops continue to show what a waste of 120m they were, whilst our older players get worse and worse (no dig at them, dig at the club for not replacing them).

Billy Sharp should be an impact sub at his age and we are relying on him even when he is way out of form and that's due to appalling transfer strategies

Not one attempt at goal in 2nd half

Not one

One of those games where 4 added minutes are signaled and even though losing, it's disappointing it's not 2.

Think I'll go bake a cake.

I’m sorry but that was 3 transfer windows ago.
The owners can’t live off that forever.
They need to show some ambition, and back the managers they have, not keep blaming the one they don’t.
We got relegated and lost lots of revenue. They gambled and lost 3 transfer windows ago. We dont have any money now. I would rather we didnt gamble again and go bankrupt, cos the amount it will cost to overhaul this side is much more than we have.

Rubbish squad, no money, training facilities falling apart, joke of an owner. Club is a shambles from top to bottom.

I’m sorry but that was 3 transfer windows ago.
The owners can’t live off that forever.
They need to show some ambition, and back the managers they have, not keep blaming the one they don’t.
They clearly had one shot at it

Wilder blew the money

We have no money - none , zip, nothing . We have loaned against the parachute 🪂 payments / the owners have abdicated responsibility and have left the building

Trust me - this is not a knee jerk reaction

Our best player is a loan who we can’t afford - we can’t easily offload the rubbish Wilder blew the money on and the saleable assets are the younger players who we will have to sell for cash flow and to keep up payments for - you know the rest

It’s all a self defeating circle - the owners will need to sell the very players they say are our future

Very very depressing

We got relegated and lost lots of revenue. They gambled and lost 3 transfer windows ago. We dont have any money now. I would rather we didnt gamble again and go bankrupt, cos the amount it will cost to overhaul this side is much more than we have.
No one is asking for a massive gamble.
Just a modest outlay on a decent centre back, and keeper, or at least show some interest, by turning up to the occasional game.

The lack of games has done us no favours at all rusty as hell but we were

Lethargic inept devoid of any ideas no drive no vision no commitment no skill on the ball can’t finish can’t close down can’t pass a ball can’t score even with just the keeper to beat. Can’t shoot

How depressing it is at the moment shake it up for fuck sake

Rubbish squad, no money, training facilities falling apart, joke of an owner. Club is a shambles from top to bottom.
Don’t forget coaching team of a mid-table Scottish club, after sacking the best possible Championship manager

Terrible today. First half was scrappy but we had the best chance. Second half we looked like a team of strangers playing park football. Lawrence just kept running through us. Our midfield was dire. So lightweight. I reckon a local U-11s would outmuscle them. We looked like we had no idea what we were trying to do. We completely lacked pace, determination, skill or tempo. Useless.

Wes - 4 - Got away with almost another absolute rick first half when he was fortune to get a foul as he handled the ball out the box. There was a cross in the second half that I have no idea what he was trying to do. Ran out to a ball he was never getting but luckily we headed it clear. Lucky not to get found out with the ball at his feet as well. Too slow and casual.
RND - 5 - Not sure how much actual skill he has. Run a bit, but not that convincingly when facing his own goal. Weak in the tackle and lacks and kind of determination
Robinson - 5 - He offered our only threat with his long throws. Again, not great in defence but by no means our worst performer today. Impressive two-footed tackle on RND for their second.
Egan - 5 - Did ok but looked slow and seemed to struggle with the bouncing ball. too easily beat for their first.
Basham - 5 - Another iffy game at the back. Terrible half-arsed attempt to tackle Lawrence for their first. Got forward well a few times but seemed a bit of a slog.
Bogle - 3 - Terrible cross after terrible cross. So many terrible crosses. Poor at the back.7
Norwood - 3 - Sick to death of midfielders running passed him and him jogging after them and pointing. Pathetic Pinged a few Hollywood balls around first half. Nothing second. His attempt to run after but making sure he never go close enough to Lawrence to make a tackle for their first summed up the sham he is defensively.
Berge - 1 - Terrible. Week. Slow. Disinterested. Never seen so one so incapable of heading a ball who is that tall. We got caught so many times on the ball. Too week to hold anyone off. So slow. Looks like he's running on sand. There was a corner where he was looking at the guy he was marking in the middle of the penalty area. The guy ran to the front post. He just ran behind him like an old man. Zero determination or effort on show.
Ndiaye - 4 - Flatters to deceive. Lively and looks dangerous but absolutely no product, let alone end product. So weak. Loses the ball all the time. No determination to hold on to it.
McGoldrick 3 - Huffed and puffed. Pushed people over. Ran into people. Looked like he was 50 today.
Sharp - 2 - Did poor with a fairly easy header. Did little else. Ran around a bit but no pace and lost the ball almost every time he had it.

Terrible subs

Brewster - 4 - Got involved but looked lost
Hourihane -2 - Should have won the tackle as they breaked. Looked like he'd run a marathon before he came on. Strolled around a bit.
Osborn - 4 - at least he ran about.

Not marking McCall or Lester down. Not fair. The management team need to do a lot better than that though. We had no shape and it looked like no plan. We were clearly getting overrun in midfield and nothing was getting through to the strikers and yet they just went like for like with the subs.

Derby - Didn't look very good but won every battle on the pitch. Looked like they wanted it much more. I thought Stearman did well for them but Lawrence was the main difference between the teams. Highlighted him at half time and our midfield were just too apathetic and slow to do anything about him.

Don’t get me wrong... cos we were shit with no fight, no chances created... not even a single corner!
But F me that Derby team know how to bend the rules. The amount of gamesmanship on show today explains why this team of youths are scrapping results. I reckon the ball was only in play for about 15/20mins each half. All those “half/non” fouls. Such a frustrating game with zero fluidity. But if the ref lets you do it then that’s that. I don’t like to see big historic clubs in trouble... but Derby can get to fuck!

Back
Top Bottom